Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Better Maps 0.45

Default Re: Better Maps 0.35b

Brilliant masterpiece of a mod. It compliments castle towns as VUS compliments units.

Default Re: Better Maps 0.32

That same map at fortress level has some weird glitch/bug right after ones units cross the bridge on the enemy side. I was defending on very hard with darthmod and expanded map while in a campaign. It's the south western bridge, on that mini-map it also has a small dock on that side. The enemy had just shattered and still had bowmen + some ashigaru that regrouped across the bridge shooting arrows. I charged over with samurai and and they attacked from the south right as part of the unit crossed and was off the bridge. The men then started to fight but they were all grouped up like they were bundled up with units overlapping and not holding spacing. I wasn't running a big battle so it didn't lag but it sure looked odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Ok I tested, with Ishida in very hard, and then the kinoshita attack... and the map work properly. The units attack and climb the walls like any other siege. Here are some screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There is no units stopped in front of the walls or something like that. There is no stutter.

Maybe this is not your problem, but I have a couple of years ago a similar problem (units reagruping in one point) in other game. The cause was errors in the HDD. That HDD is still alive, but i lost 20GB of space.

About the compatibility with other mods, there is only one mod that changes the maps too, and there is not a compatibility problem. In the maps that both mods change, only the maps from the mod that load later work.

All other mods are completely compatible.
    This map, i forgot to quote it before i replied...

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by StringingTerror View Post
    That same map at fortress level has some weird glitch/bug right after ones units cross the bridge on the enemy side. I was defending on very hard with darthmod and expanded map while in a campaign. It's the south western bridge, on that mini-map it also has a small dock on that side. The enemy had just shattered and still had bowmen + some ashigaru that regrouped across the bridge shooting arrows. I charged over with samurai and and they attacked from the south right as part of the unit crossed and was off the bridge. The men then started to fight but they were all grouped up like they were bundled up with units overlapping and not holding spacing. I wasn't running a big battle so it didn't lag but it sure looked odd.
    You mean the long bridge? It was removed in the 0.35 update.

No i have the new version installed, anyways here is a picture of the spot (circled in red). The blue line shows where my troops were counter charging from. I used rapid advance to get to the archers but was cut off by some ashigaru infantry. When my unit went into melee mode near the entrance of the bridge they started to move towards that spot. The end of the yellow T like line is where the troops were bundled. Also the castle in this pic is upgraded.

Last edited by StringingTerror; November 15, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Artifex

I have just found this in the expanded map thread: http://www.japanese-castle-explorer.com/province.html
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

this mod is great but wont change every castle in campaign, mino, south shinano, mikawa haven't changed
    owari and omi did, other provinces cant tell by now

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Just a question Frodo (Una preguntita tio xD):

Will you made for example a different fortification design for each castle level??? I mean, one for a fortification, another for a Castle, another one to a Citadel etc.... I hope you understand what I mean... xD

Gracias tio! Thank you man!!!

BTW Iīve seen a video about your mod and just can say itīs amazing!!! I will post japanese castles photos so they can inspire you in your creations to make them as historically correct as possible!!!

This ones can be models for the levels: Castle and Citadel, hope you like them!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by StringingTerror View Post
    No i have the new version installed, anyways here is a picture of the spot (circled in red). The blue line shows where my troops were counter charging from. I used rapid advance to get to the archers but was cut off by some ashigaru infantry. When my unit went into melee mode near the entrance of the bridge they started to move towards that spot. The end of the yellow T like line is where the troops were bundled. Also the castle in this pic is upgraded.

Sorry, but I was unable to reproduce that bug. Maybe was only that time? Those pathfinding bugs are harder to exterminate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    I have just found this in the expanded map thread: http://www.japanese-castle-explorer.com/province.html
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDeath View Post
    this mod is great but wont change every castle in campaign, mino, south shinano, mikawa haven't changed
    owari and omi did, other provinces cant tell by now
    I said a lot of times: for now, the mod change 25% of the maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    This ones can be models for the levels: Castle and Citadel, hope you like them!

Sorry, but those are from himeji castle, the only castle that i managed to complete already in the mod. Anyway, thanks.

Wow!!! do you have Himeji castle done??? you are amazing dude hahahaha

Enhorabuena tio te está quedando de puta madre en serio!!!

Absolutely beautiful work good sir, I was recommended this mod by someone and I have not been disappointed! Are you planning any updates soon? I'll be making some videos using Fall of the Samurai and I'd love to have your awesome castles feature.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoBo View Post
    Absolutely beautiful work good sir, I was recommended this mod by someone and I have not been disappointed! Are you planning any updates soon? I'll be making some videos using Fall of the Samurai and I'd love to have your awesome castles feature.
    There will be an update soon, don't worry, but I can't tell you when. Real life, it's very time consuming.

Will this work together with cities added to campaign siege maps mod?

There will be an update soon, don't worry, but I can't tell you when. Real life, it's very time consuming.
    Awesome, no problem, better not to rush it if you don't have time. Best of luck with development!

Edit: Nice screenshot of the new-look Kyoto at night, very good looking:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=226734524
    Last edited by ProtoBo; February 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: add screenshot link

Quote Originally Posted by auboy View Post
    Will this work together with cities added to campaign siege maps mod?
    I donīt think so... "Cities in Campaign Siege maps" is using Improved Vanilla Castles and "Better Maps" is a new design that changes the entire Castle design... so its impossible to work...

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    I donīt think so... "Cities in Campaign Siege maps" is using Improved Vanilla Castles and "Better Maps" is a new design that changes the entire Castle design... so its impossible to work...
    Nop, It's possible.Just depends of the load order to work. I don't remember how, but depending of the load order, you can use his castles, and mine at the same time.

Nop, It's possible.Just depends of the load order to work. I don't remember how, but depending of the load order, you can use his castles, and mine at the same time.
    Oh crap what is the load order that would make this work that would be awesome!

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

Awsome work! I just got Shogun 2 package on sale at steam a few weeks ago an have been loving it. The only part of the game I really felt was lacking was the city/forts, then I found this. THIS is what I expected to find. Great mod, really changes the game, I actually want to defend settlements now.
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

Patrician

Ok guys. Finally I have some time, so here is some info:
    - At first, sorry for the long time without updates, but I've been since december with problems in my two pc's. Just some days ago I recover my two pcs and now, they are working again (not as good as I want, but they are working). So finally I can continue the development of my mods.
    - Second, some info about the future of this mod. I can't show you screenshots right now (give me a couple of days), but I can give you some info about the new version. It will be one map remaked, 3 new maps, and a little thing more. I hope release it soon, but I need some time to finish the last map and that little thing.
    - And at last, something I've been working:
    A fully new bridge, not available before in any map:

And again, sorry for the long time without info.

And Enjoy!