Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Better Maps 0.45

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Better Maps 0.15

Here you have some screenshots from one of the two castles that I finish this week (Try to discover what castle is):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The encampment of the attackers:

A scenic screenshot:

It's raining fire!!!!!!:

, I hate those ninjas:

Caos in the east zone:

Firing to the walls:

And finally, da best (aka Look mom, I'm flying!!!):

Those maps need more detail, but for now are fully playable. About Kioto, I'm remaking the pit for make it more artificial, and I adding more detail to the city, like more visible roads. When I finish to remake Kioto I will release the new version, maybe 0.17 or 0.18.

PD: I'm making some experiments and, for the moment, only one partially work. If I make It works well, It will be released in a near future.

PD2: If you want to see more screenshots, see my Steam profile. I upload new screenshots from testing battles each 1-2 days: http://steamcommunity.com/id/frodo45127/screenshots

EDIT: I'm searching a photographer for make the screenshots of the maps or make a video. The only requirement is to have a good pc.
    Last edited by Frodo45127; October 05, 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: I'm searching a photographer.

Patrician

Default Re: Better Maps 0.20

Ok new update and more info. At first, the update:
    Version 0.20:
    - Completelly remaked Kioto and Kioto_level_6: After 6 days of work, finally Kioto is like a truly palace.
    - Fully modified the castles "castle_mountain_version_03_level_01" and "castle_mountain_version_03_level_02": 2 new castles, ready to play.
    - Improved the AI starting position in "castle_mountain_version_03_level_01" and "castle_mountain_version_03_level_02": Heavely improved the AI position in those new maps.

At second, the future of the mod: now that I finish the interiors of Kioto, I will to start to mod all castles of level 1 and 2, and level 3 and 4 for ROTS castles. I hope that I will finish them for halloween. And every castle will be unique.

And another info, the experiment that works. I will replace some land maps for some maps of the community. If you want to see your map in the campaing, tell me (only land maps, no naval or siege). This will be made in a future version, maybe in december.

And the last thing: due to the size of the file, for the moment I will upload only to Steam Workshop.

PD: The screenshots are updated.

PD2: I'm searching a photographer for make the screenshots. If you have a good pc, make some screenshots and send it me.
    Last edited by Frodo45127; October 06, 2012 at 09:03 AM.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

any chance for non-steam version?

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Great Frodo! I'm very excited about anyone who works on these campaign maps. I'm especially looking forward to trying out Kyoto
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    any chance for non-steam version?
    Non-Steam version added. I didn't remember that you can upload files of more that 10 Mb to TWCenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Non-Steam version added. I didn't remember that you can upload files of more that 10 Mb to TWCenter.
    Many thanks!

do this mod can work for Fall of samurai dlc ? i see all screenshot are sengoku jidai campain

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    do this mod can work for Fall of samurai dlc ? i see all screenshot are sengoku jidai campain
    The first screenshot is from FOTS, and in the first post I say that is compatible with FOTS.

Good work Frodo
    sigue asi

Patrician

Default Re: Better Maps 0.23

New update released:
    Version 0.23:
    - Fully modified the castles "castle_mountain_version_02_level_01" and "castle_mountain_version_02_level_02".
    - Improved the AI starting position in "castle_mountain_version_02_level_01" and "castle_mountain_version_02_level_02".
    - Improved defensive AI in both Kioto maps.
    Well, after three days fixing bugs in the new castles, here is a new update. Basically the new update means two new castles modified and a better defensive AI for both Kioto maps (now the AI should use more dinamically the buildings). There are some screenshots of the new castles in the first post, and even more in my steam profile.

Patrician

Default Re: Better Maps 0.26

Another update:
    Version 0.26:
    - Fully modified the castles "castle_mountain_level_01" and "castle_mountain_level_02".
    - Reworked lanterns in both Kioto maps for better night battles.
    - Reworked east of "Kioto_level_6" for better AI deployment.

All versions updated.
    Last edited by Frodo45127; October 27, 2012 at 08:57 AM.

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

This mod looks amazing. Cant wait to try it

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

I played the Kyoto map and I must say it's great! But I have a question, these maps, do they show up in the rots campaign or shogun 2 campaign? I know kyoto shows up in both S2 and FOTS but what about the others?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post
    I played the Kyoto map and I must say it's great! But I have a question, these maps, do they show up in the rots campaign or shogun 2 campaign? I know kyoto shows up in both S2 and FOTS but what about the others?
    This mod replace the original maps with my moded maps. For example: where you have a "mountain_castle_level_02" in the original game, you will have my moded "mountain_castle_level_02". For the moment, there are moded maps for FOTS and Shogun 2 campaing. In the next update I will include a castle for ROTS too.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Finally the kind of mod I was looking for!!! Amazing work mate!!!

Will it work with every province??? I mean... Will you do some castles for regions???

Thank you!

Gracias compatriota!!! otro español por aquí! xD

Patrician

After a few weeks without enough time for modding, finally I have something to show you. An experiment that works. Something that don't have any mod. Something new. And this is:
    Walkable Steps!!!!

The maps are not ready yet for a preview. I hope this weekend I could show you a little preview of the map.

PD: I was able to make the walls unscalables too but the AI don't try to burn the doors. So the walls in my mod will continue to be scalables.

PD2: As you can see, I don't have enough time for make it quickly. If anyone want to help making castles, send me a PM and I will send you the files that you need. No experience with TEd required. If you have any problem or doubt, tell me and I will answer you ASAP.

Great news. Hope to see new version soon.

This looks really promising, one thing I hate in the game is how empty the castle maps were.
    Curious about how the A.I handles this though. Usually they just run around like maniacs as defenders during sieges and I am wondering if this will negatively impact them.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by webb0001 View Post
    This looks really promising, one thing I hate in the game is how empty the castle maps were.
    Curious about how the A.I handles this though. Usually they just run around like maniacs as defenders during sieges and I am wondering if this will negatively impact them.
    The AI is tweaked too for use garrisonable buildings when they are defending and deploy the units and artillery a bit better when they are attacking. Play a custom battle in kioto and you will see it.

Am I being a retard or is there no download button on the damn steam page?