Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: RTW Hotseat #2

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RTW Hotseat #2

Honestly, i have no clue. In cases like this i usually just hook players up to my RTW via dropbox...

if you send me your email (via PM) i can do the same for you. Or if you have friends with the game you can try theirs perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowran View Post
    Honestly, i have no clue. In cases like this i usually just hook players up to my RTW via dropbox...

if you send me your email (via PM) i can do the same for you. Or if you have friends with the game you can try theirs perhaps?
    It seems to be kind of working today. I was able to switch from the julii, to armenia, to carthage, and to egypt. With the exception of carthage, after ending a turn and loading the quicksave I would normally return to the faction I just played a turn as. I was stuck egypt for a long time till I decided to quit trying. I didn't have any CTDs though.

After a playing a turn, and saving using the "trick endturn/save" should I load the quicksave there, or should I exit the program, re-launch and then open the quicksave? I'm wondering if I am doing something incorectly because it alsmost seems to be working. Thoughts?

Er- armenia? Armenia shouldnt be playable at all.. .How's this. I will stick up the first save here (Julii, it is your first turn). We will see how your game behaves when handed the actual save, and work from there. I mean, all your game has to do is hand from selcuicids to britons. If it does that, you're good, even if it messes up every other faction. You may need to borrow a friends copy of RTW, if it doesnt work.

Campaign has been started. H/VH

Also, Bobfat. you do not need to restart RTW in order to load the save.

What do I do, it lists me as first. I don't see anything to take, or do I start a campaign on my own? I be confused :p

Nvm

Okay, did my turn, and did not come in contact with any guys. I've never actually done vh battle difficulty, it's usually campaign that's vh.

http://http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php

File is labeled 'quicksave 2' that's incase anyone has anything on their quicksave :p

Oh no worried. I did it backwards. It is VH campaign, only H for battle difficulty, to make things slightly less imbalanced for autoresolve.

LukeYellow is up next. I have PM'd him.

Really really sorry, that's not the right one. BTW Willow, I checked it out and it goes to MACEDON. Not brutii romans.

http://www.mediafire.com/

hmmm. That's really odd. I'll have to check into that. That's not supposed to happen. Perhaps the script generator glitched...

First round or two tend to be a little glitched. We just have to get me to smooth them all out and then we'll be good. We may start over once everyone DOES work. First round just isolates all of the bugs for me...

Allright. Hotseat script is off a tad. The generator put the turns in the wrong order. This would prevent soem factions from EVER havin a turn. This may also have accounted for some of the glitches.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR HOTSEAT FILE WITH THE ONE ATTACHED BELOW. I have modified it. However, i have done this by hand, so the turn order may still be out of whack for the first round. We will find out as we go, and i will fix it. For now, we can progress.

BOBFAT: you may want to try your RTW with the attached hotseat script. It MAY help the problem. May not.
    Last edited by Willowran; September 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

So am I still going or is Macodon going?

Icon1 Re: RTW Hotseat #2

Okay next up is Macodon. Hopefully it will work.

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS!

Just to make things move faster, and to save me time because i am lazy, when you post your save please find the next player on the player list/roster and send the ma pm alerting them to their turn.

for the first little bit, plase indicate that you have done so along with your post, so that i do not send them another.

enragedfixation did you load your turn on to meidafire? Because I think I may have played my turn on a different quick save.

Here. Had this floating around on my pc.

We still doing this? Haven't seen much activity over the last few days. Macedon is up right?

marcus_agrippa's Avatar Semisalis

I suppose we are, I'm still (anxiously) awaiting my first turn :p

Sorry. My bad. Foolon the Hill has dropped out. I was busy with university stuff (i'm new to uni, so was unprepared for the workload). Subbing for macedon now.

I can take over the faction if you need me to

all players update their "hotseat.txt" file with the one attached below.

This is it. I figured out what the problems were- my hotseat script was off rather badly. My own game was crashing.

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN FIXED!! Every faction should be working fine now.

COMEPLETENOOB: I removed macedon from the roster in the process of fixing the script, but you can always join the hotseat if you want...

I have started the campaign anew, so that there wold be no script conflicts. EVERYONE SHOULD BE GOOD NOW!

Julli is up and has been notified. After Julii comes the Brutii.Julii, don't forget to notify the brutii player when you upload the save.

No, I only offered so you wouldn't have to unnecessarily change the script.