Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Mafia, Series 5 (3rd Party Victory))

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Doctor Who Mafia, Series 5 (Day 2)

Unvote; Vote: Edse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    You guys are ridiculous.

I'm a scanner. I scanned edse as drone dalek (no idea who this is in the show, but he looks like a robot like that other guy). He mysteriously ends up being poisoned with no explanation. Why? Because he killed somebody last night who had a backfire ability that probably poisoned his killer. He is mafia, lynch him.
    Okay, I can buy that. Unvote; Vote: edse but I find it strange that a Dalek could be poisioned by anything really. Something is fishy here.

And you vote for me because I told you who a mafia member was? Cool.

Are you even paying attention?
    Well to be fair, you weren't claiming scanner when you did that. Just out of curiousity, who are you? The Doctor? One of his companions? Someone completely different?
    YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GLORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN EMPIRE!!!
    Ninjas! BOOM! You are dead!!!
    I like Mafia! Play it at the CFC! (And the Org)
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.
    Also, if this signature is too big, tell me, then I will fix.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Guess I can come clean entirely since I will be a target next night phase already.

I will admit that I know nothing about Doctor Who. I am The Doctor (or the Eleventh Doctor, I think). I can role block and scan. I have one night protection, but somebody attacked me already so I have lost that. That is why I need somebody to protect me if they can, please.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    unvote: vote: edse

He's admitted to it, so that vote makes sense no matter what.

The nightkills in this game seem a bit odd. River Song was certainly killed by Daleks on the first night, while Bracewell was killed by reptiles. I don't know which reptiles these could be but I'm going to guess that they were the same people who managed to take down edse. The term "poison" might indicate a failed kill rather than a deliberate roleblock.

It doesn't sound to me like Van Gough was killed by the Daleks, because it says "Small Metallic Creature" and Daleks certainly aren't small, especially the new brightly coloured daleks. Having said that edse said it was a Dalek that killed Van Gough , and if he is one, he'd know...

Also, for people who don't know, if Xenoneb is using the new style Daleks in this game, then there are likely to be up to five of them: Drone, Eternal, Dalek Supreme, Strategist, and Scientist. However this seems too many, so maybe there are only the first three. In this case what edse said about his role makes sense.

We already know that the Vampires of Venice are the cult.
    Silurians were the dominant sentient species during the time of the dinosaurs and most of them aren't dicks, so unless it's that crazy warrior caste up to no good, we're probably dealing with a vigilante poisoner. Certainly never seen one of those before.

Now, the real question of the hour is, how does one exactly poison a Dalek? They've got a big clanky metal shell, and last time I checked, armor and poison didn't mix at all. One just kind of ran off the other like particularly nasty water.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Silurian was the cover role for Makrell it seems. Also, the second kill of the first night was performed by someone hunting reptiles and then there was a third failed kill on Rebel Jeb.

But, why are you voting for me? I'll die at the end of the day anyway.

Guess I can come clean entirely since I will be a target next night phase already.

I will admit that I know nothing about Doctor Who. I am The Doctor (or the Eleventh Doctor, I think). I can role block and scan. I have one night protection, but somebody attacked me already so I have lost that. That is why I need somebody to protect me if they can, please.
    Okay, that makes sense. That seems like a very powerful role, but if that's the doctor then I guess it makes sense.
    YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GLORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN EMPIRE!!!
    Ninjas! BOOM! You are dead!!!
    I like Mafia! Play it at the CFC! (And the Org)
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.
    Also, if this signature is too big, tell me, then I will fix.

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Silurians were the dominant sentient species during the time of the dinosaurs and most of them aren't dicks, so unless it's that crazy warrior caste up to no good, we're probably dealing with a vigilante poisoner. Certainly never seen one of those before.

Now, the real question of the hour is, how does one exactly poison a Dalek? They've got a big clanky metal shell, and last time I checked, armor and poison didn't mix at all. One just kind of ran off the other like particularly nasty water.

I must admit that Silurians seems unlikely, especially it was makrell's cover role and his role name "Silurian" certainly doesn't imply that there's going to be any more of them.

The only reason I suggested Silurian was that I can't think of any reptillian creature from Doctor Who, other than the Silurians.

And, Double A, it says nothing in the writeup about actual poison being used. I'd say Xenoneb was actually just using the term "poisoned" as a way of describing the effect of what has happened to edse.

Following this reasoning, in fact, and by going on what it says on mafiascum about poisoners, I'd say that edse is right and that he is going to die tonight no matter whether we vote for him or not. Therefore voting for him will be a wasted vote.

So, unvote: vote: NinjaCow

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    Silurian was the cover role for Makrell it seems. Also, the second kill of the first night was performed by someone hunting reptiles and then there was a third failed kill on Rebel Jeb.

But, why are you voting for me? I'll die at the end of the day anyway.
    Yeah, we're going to believe that.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, we're going to believe that.
    So I wasn't going to die because of the poison? How do you know that?

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    I must admit that Silurians seems unlikely, especially it was makrell's cover role and his role name "Silurian" certainly doesn't imply that there's going to be any more of them.

The only reason I suggested Silurian was that I can't think of any reptillian creature from Doctor Who, other than the Silurians.

And, Double A, it says nothing in the writeup about actual poison being used. I'd say Xenoneb was actually just using the term "poisoned" as a way of describing the effect of what has happened to edse.

Following this reasoning, in fact, and by going on what it says on mafiascum about poisoners, I'd say that edse is right and that he is going to die tonight no matter whether we vote for him or not. Therefore voting for him will be a wasted vote.

So, unvote: vote: NinjaCow
    Huh, because people were talking about Silurians and poison, I just figured they were related, especially since they use poison.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Oh yeah, I was originally going to mention Silurians in my first post but then left them out.

In any case, the actual writeup itself described edse as been hit by someone, it doesn't mention poison. Anyway I guess Silurians is a possibility.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    So I wasn't going to die because of the poison? How do you know that?
    I don't but why would we risk it?

Anyone want to give me a tally?

No one? Okay.
    Tally
    Edse 8 (Rebel Jeb; Double A; Cahoma; Lyra; Zack; CPDwane; The Mysterious F; Ninjacow)
    Rebel Jeb 1 (Edse)
    Not voting 5 (Dusky; Ag; Spartan; Classical_Hero; Robbiecon)
    Italics will be replaced tomorrow if they don't show up.

"So you gave me Edse today? That's odd. I guess that mines I have to kill him know. How should I do it? Doesn't matter anyways."
    Edse was Red Drone Dalek.

"Time to go on the hunt, my pretty little soldiers."
    At this, the whistling sounded.
    Begin Night 2

Begin Night 1
    Players
    1. Edse Dead. Dalek Mafia
    2. Double A
    3. WEW Dead. Town
    4. Makrell Dead. Mafia 2, cult
    5. Rebel Jeb
    6. Classical_Hero
    7. Hellhound dead. Town
    8. Warlord Dead. Dalek Mafia
    9. Lyra
    10. Ninjacow
    11. Cahoma
    12. Dusky
    13. TMF
    14. Gone 2 the celts Dead. Town
    15. Robbiecon
    16. Samsniped
    17. CPDWane
    18. Ag
    19. Zaccino
    20. Spartangeneral
    Reserves
    1. ATPG
    2. Treva

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

#boom.

We kickin' tail this game, boys. We have a lot of votes to study from yesterday. Check who didn't want to jump on the edse band wagon early and then jumped on mid-way.

Somebody PLEASE protect me tonight.

I still think that was a wasted lynch on account of the poison.

Still we can't complain about having killed two mafia members in the first two days...

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

I'm sure there are players who can cure poison. Why take a risk? You're insane if you say lynching a mafia is a bad idea.

update in 4 and a half hours