Thread: Recruiting provisional allies as France

Default Recruiting provisional allies as France

I had thought that players could recruit limited numbers of local troops (line infantry, light/medium cavalry, and low caliber artillery) in occupied territories. Playing a French 1805 campaign, I can recruit all the Polish legion units (including cavalry and artillery) in Paris, Warsaw, Lemberg, Danzig, and Silesia, but in most other areas am limited to a handful of Bavarian, Westphalian, Saxon, etc. line infantry (also one Hannover Legion), but no cavalry or artillery. I can also recruit 4 unique Piedmont units in Torino and 2 unique Dutch units in Amsterdam (the same ones available in Brussels), but nothing but Militia in Venice, Naples, and Zagreb. Same with Vienna and Berlin...nothing but Landwehr. I know Croatian skirmishers and Hussars are in France's starting armies in the 1812 campaign, but I cannot recruit them when starting in 1805.

Is this a sign the something wasn't installed right (everything else works fine), or were auxiliary formations scaled back at some point?

Default Re: Recruiting provisional allies as France

Just realized I'm not receiving any missions, either. I had been playing Darthmod, but ran its Restore Vanilla process and uninstalled before I installed LME. Do I need to uninstall NTW completely and start from scratch to get missions and all AOR units?

Default Re: Recruiting provisional allies as France

Quote Originally Posted by Dzhon View Post
    Just realized I'm not receiving any missions, either. I had been playing Darthmod, but ran its Restore Vanilla process and uninstalled before I installed LME. Do I need to uninstall NTW completely and start from scratch to get missions and all AOR units?
    The European Regional Recruits are no longer enabled so you will not see them in the AoR as you used to do.
    The LME campaign scripts (missions etc.) are included in the campaign folders so they should not be affected by a previous mod. Note that not every nations has custom missions in every campaign!