Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell are the quivers?

Default Where the hell are the quivers?

I just noticed something after 350 hours of Shogun 2 - why don't any of the archer units have visible quivers? In other TW-games this was present and it seems like a pretty big oversight.

Default Re: Where the hell are the quivers?

lol, yeah, thanks to you I noticed it as well after many hours of playing it. Thanks for ruining archers for me

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

They are Japanese. They are that friggin good.
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yep. Never noticed it either and I usually do. Maybe there are just too many anomolies to point all of them out. I mean in FOTS archers fire further than rifles and flaming arrows from nowhere. So I guess these are just wizard archers.

Yea, I give up in CA world.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

They obviously make the up on the field as they need them. Origami came from this art-form

I have returned

After 2000 hours gameplay

I never noticed that before
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I always wonder how the hell did they come up with the move of getting the arrows out of the ebira, by grasping the arrowhead end, and not like grasping over your shoulder and take the feathered-end........fletch was it like in other archery.

I mean ebira is just a small box that just covers the arrow heads. Hmmm....

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

By the gods....

Why have I never noticed this before?

I always thought the archers looked, like, skinny, compared to the other games. "They're not eating enough rice." I always thought to myself.

Nope, just turns out they were giving physics the bird.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Definitely missing something in Shogun 2
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Dude. Thats not even ebira quivers.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Behold. I bring ebria.

I have returned

I noticed, but that doesn't bother me all that much. The lack of scabbards didn't bother me half as much as I expected it to, either (it actually bothers me more that no one wears the swords in tachi-mount).

Fire arrows don't bother me as much as I thought they would, either (fire arrows were never used in an anti-personell capacity), as they need to be researched (and as such do not appear early in the game), and it takes about 5 minutes before you can use that ability again, per unit. So thankfully I do not get to see fire arrows all that often.

The main thing that bothers me in Shogun 2 is that visually, everyone wears the same armour. Naginata samurai and no-daichi samurai, at opposite ends of the armour scale, wear the same armour visually. Granted, the no-daichi units often wear no helmets or neck protection, but that aside they are just as heavily armoured judging by their appearance.

hehe after 700 hours of gameplay never noticed this... but then again i dont pay close attention to my archer dudes im a melee guy... but then again i was amaze when i first got it of the movable string from the bow when they shot O.O that was awesome.....
    Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

You all just realized This now?

Well...the rest of the players pointed this when the game came out...but in the End, just left saying to themself "We Couldnt Have It All"...couldn't we?
    Some Modders found a possible way to add Scabbards to the Game...But Then...

Silence.

For a Year. And More, as days keep passing by...

...and oh,
    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Definitely missing something in Shogun 2
    Ears and Tails Fetish?
    ...they look a little Emishi-ish for me...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; September 03, 2012 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissaki View Post
    The main thing that bothers me in Shogun 2 is that visually, everyone wears the same armour. Naginata samurai and no-daichi samurai, at opposite ends of the armour scale, wear the same armour visually. Granted, the no-daichi units often wear no helmets or neck protection, but that aside they are just as heavily armoured judging by their appearance.
    This bugs me as well.
    Why on earth you can't customise your men like you can in mp is beyond me. A massive skirmish on legendary and it's impossible to tell what unit belongs to whom as everyone is dressed and coloured virtually the same.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Man'o'War View Post
    This bugs me as well.
    Why on earth you can't customise your men like you can in mp is beyond me. A massive skirmish on legendary and it's impossible to tell what unit belongs to whom as everyone is dressed and coloured virtually the same.
    Yes, I hate it too. I would`ve loved being able to customise my Diamyo and particular unit looks. I am the boss, if I want to change how my army looks, then let me, as long as I can afford it. what`s more galling is they said we`d have it in napoleon, but we didn`t. I nearly bought the game on that false promise. To this day I haven`t because of it.

I`ll take the cynic`s reasoning here and say they did it to attract the MP crowd.

Ninjas and Spear Levy can't be colour customized.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

WHAT THE HELL???! You just ruined the game for me..!! How in the name of the Gods no one noticed this before??!!!

And this is for Humble

Last edited by Lord Baal; September 04, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

^
    ^
    ^

lol nice comedy cartoon

By the way, in case you guys never noticed it.

ROME 2 still don't have viewable quiver LMAO!

God damn it CA, for the god sake please add sheath and quiver! you guys make new engine now.
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Lol, I never noticed that.

Yep, ammunition storage is something needed here. From the wooden or leather quivers of RTW through the side-held metal bolt cases of Medieval II, to the powder racks and bullet bags of ETW-NTW, these things were present, always.

Don't worry, these are Japanese. They are anime soldiers who can magically make an arrow or bullet appear in their hands.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast