Thread: Reworked strat symbols

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Reworked strat symbols

Somehow I got bothered with the tiny vanilla settlement symbols, I mean who is milan? Seeing that I had still my large symbol template lying around from 1648 I simply applied it to the necessary factions. A simple editing of the textures and it was done.
    While I was at it, I did the banner symbols as well. Some of them had a colored background which I replaced by transparency. If you look closely you can see it in the pic. The textures could do with some 'fine tuning' - I simply scaled the existing ones.

I really like my screenshots so I added the 'Remove UI' script from UserPro to the campaign_script (Simply press ScrollLock to have the UI disappear and return). Anybody who likes screenshots might be interested as well in this little tutorial of mine: Creating a World - High Resolution Screenshots

To install simply extract the attachment into the root directory of The_Sundering: place the attachment into the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\The_Sundering folder and then use 'Extract here' with the tool of your choice. In case you don't have one, download and install 7ZIP - it's freeware.

Before and After Pic

Last edited by Gigantus; September 01, 2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: updated attachment

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Reworked strat symbols

Great Gigantus!
    Have we your permission to include it in the next version with all the new stuff?

Thank you Gigantus! It is a pleasure and a priviledge to get help from such famous modder like you!

Hope you enjoy our beta btw

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Blog Entries

Sure, you are welcome to do so. Let me know if you need more CAS models. The textures definitely need some touch from someone that knows his stuff. The reason why your textures didn't show up was due to having DDS textures - if you use only TGA or TGA and DDS then it will work.

I have just started a new campaign, with the patch this time, and so far having a blast as eortherien(?) - I guess you guys are still working on info and building cards so I won't gripe. Nice job on the animations for the new units. I had a crash in the last campaign before the patch when going into battle - sypharos(?) versus demons, the only new unit being the 'eagles'. Didn't follow it up as I saw there were some new meshes in the patch.

Blog Entries

Update

I just had a neighbor's settlement 'going rebel' while I had a diplomat there for some extensive haggling. That's when I realized I had forgotten the symbol for the rebel faction. The update includes that symbol now - I took the wolf head from CoW for it.

That I gleefully exploited the fact that no garrison was generated is a story for the bug report.

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

Sweet, saved me the trouble!
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool addon Gig! Thank you very much!