Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim LoTR Mod (MERP) shut down by WB - does this have implications for TATW?

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Skyrim LoTR Mod (MERP) shut down by WB - does this have implications for TATW?

I quit my LOTRO subscription because of WB, so they have actually lost more money now than they have gained by shutting down the project! At this moment I feel good about that . As some previous posters have stated, it's an issue concerning money, and WB got every right to be their pants. I just hope more people avoid the company as to hurt it economically and perhaps in the long run drop the LOTR brand, this is however just wishful thinking.

Default Re: Skyrim LoTR Mod (MERP) shut down by WB - does this have implications for TATW?

Oh ....

I better back up everything from TATW and MOS and expansion of MOS before the hands of dark lord came

sad face
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Doubt they'll try.
    There's about 2 million people who have downloaded TATW 3.0 alone, it's to late to stop it now, even if stopped here and the official DL it would not be lost nor hindered but shared here and there anyway.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Ι agree; If the mod was still under development, there would be some case about closing it, despite the fact that there isn't any strategy LoTR game under way by WB or whomever holds the rights and the fact that Skyrim has a much greater popularity and community than TW games

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Ι agree; If the mod was still under development, there would be some case about closing it, despite the fact that there isn't any strategy LoTR game under way by WB or whomever holds the rights and the fact that Skyrim has a much greater popularity and community than TW games
    Oh you're mistaken there.There is a ''Kingdoms of Middle Earth " thingy and it looks really bad.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

This game: https://www.kabam.com/nl/the-hobbit-kingdoms

On this page is a small trailer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...453143ca0c4fae

Made for mobile phones so not directly the same, as it is a different market
    Last edited by Eönwë; November 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post

On this page is a small trailer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...453143ca0c4fae

The graphics for the game appear to be copy-pasted from Battle for Middle-Earth II
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

They say is is roleplaying, why should this affect TATW ? I think that the effect can only be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post

Off topic a sec

There Gandalf and Bilbo and who that elf? I don't recall there Elf company with them..... hmm hmmm maybe King Elf of Mirkwood? [can't remember name but he is Father of Legolas]
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Looks more like Legolas to me.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    They say is is roleplaying, why should this affect TATW ? I think that the effect can only be positive.
    I don't really know what you mean?
    The game from the link is a strategy game but it doesn't affect TATW cause it's a mobile game...

Skyrim LOTR mod does affect WB as it is in the same market as their upcoming game(s)
    (This is the way WB thinks, I disagree)

Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    Off topic a sec

There Gandalf and Bilbo and who that elf? I don't recall there Elf company with them..... hmm hmmm maybe King Elf of Mirkwood? [can't remember name but he is Father of Legolas]
    He looks like Legolas I think as Maiar93 said and the father of Legolas is Thranduil

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

LOL, This looks even more ridiculous than the average RPG they release

Still, TW popularity is a lot smaller than TES's one, and also there are 3 released mods, all of whom in old platforms too. So, TATW, FATW and LotR-TW are safe IMO

I am not speaking for the mobile game of course Eonwe... So, how does this skyrim mod affect TATW ?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

It doesn't...?

If you say it does, I believe you have thought how it does. I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to unsterstand. As far as I know, TATW, is a non profitable work of some very talented modders. In that case, a competative work of this kind, could only benefit TATW. This is how I see it, but i may be wrong.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

I just said it doesn't?

It doesn't affect TATW, the link of my earlier post was a mobile LOTR strategy game and the thread is about MERP for Skyrim, WB want people to buy their games and MERP is in the same market they are aiming for, so they want it closed so that they don't have to compete with them...Spending 50 dollars on a good game or getting/downloading a better one for free, what would you do?

If you were a company and produced a LOTR strategy game for the PC, you would try to stop TATW from being made cause it will affect your sales, as this isn't the case here, it doesn't affect TATW

It is impossible to close TATW. I would be possible to ban it from stores. In our case I see no problem, cause there is nothing you can do to close this.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Sue the creators like they did to MERP?

Ok I may miss something. Is this page sth like a company? Who are they gonna sue ? King Kong? And if the answer is yes, in which way? In my eyes the worst scenario is closing down this page for a few weeks

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

They can sue King Kong/TATW team for using the copyrighted designs, names, etc.

They can probably sue TWC for hosting it but I am no expert on this .