Bowmaster
They cannot decline private work, it's legal to use LotR materials in private!!!
To me this is also bizarre. But a lawyer confirmed to us that technically if you are creating something LOTR on your own (even in private) you are infringing. That means if you are painting an Arwen picture on your own, you are infringing (Of course WB wouldn't persue you for it, because 1. they don't know about it and 2. it wouldn't help their cause (and PR) to go around and hassle people, really. But they would be legally right to to make you stop painting Arwen pictures).... That's at least the case for the U.S. and many E.U. countries. Recently I've been to China and they couldn't care less about this there. Hell, they even have the pilosophy that "you are raising someone's fame and renown if you are copying him" and that it's the highest praise and tribute to someone if you are trying to copy him.
Why in chapters like that? I'd like as one simple life of an Elf, Dwarf, Man, of a Half-Elf.
You mean with time passing by normally? Then we are talking about ingame years that you'd have to spend before something happens in your ingame life. I was talking about casual gamers the other day and how they have influenced the game industry for the worse, but that would be the other extreme
Quote Originally Posted by glassakias View Post
actually there is a couple of rpg's which do exactly that (eg dragon age 2 in which the main characters life is divided into 3 chapters 10 years apart each from the other) but i seriously doubt they would be highly moddable as TES games are
oops, I haven't played dragon age, sorry for generalizations from my part.
But I was more talking about a sandbox free roam kind of game.
Feanor
It would be better to start with the first Kinslaying, or alternatively the Dagor Aglareb. Why with the Kinslaying? Feanor is around
I feel 'ya! But to be honest, it would be very difficult to do justice to Feanor and his character in a game implementation (without making him too one dimensional)