Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FoTS] Sakanade Presents: |TDO| Traditional Daimyo Overhaul - Traditional Armors for Shogunate Clans (Updated: Obama Han Added)

Default [FoTS] Sakanade Presents: |TDO| Traditional Daimyo Overhaul - Traditional Armors for Shogunate Clans (Updated: Obama Han Added)

Right, I think it’s ready for an initial release, as I posted in my WIP thread:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial Release - August 30th 2012:

Introduction:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    When I first got my hands on FotS I was really excited to play as a Shogunate clan and fight against modernization, be the last domain in Japan that followed the traditional way and fight to keep it that way, even if it meant rebelling and declaring my independence.
    Well I was really disappointed with the lackluster looks of the Shogunate Daimyo's, they didn't really look like commanders that were about to lead samurai into the Boshin war, they looked like they were off for a vacation to the Bahamas for some crazy jet-skiing (Especially the Sendai Daimyo with the bright blue jumpsuit and yellow life jacket, shame on you).

Especially when the game is marketed in such a way that makes you think it's Traditional Samurai in Armor vs Western Modernized troops:

So I searched the forums to learn about modding and I got to work, took me a day and a half to figure out how everything worked and right now I’ve changed all the Shogunate Daimyo’s to something more appropriate.
    These clans are : Sendai, Aizu, Jozai, Nagaoka and finally Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Campaign map characters have no menpo masks or helmets, that is because the game models don't allow this on the campaign map.
    BUT when you are fighting a battle, Daimyo's will have their full armor on (including kabuto's, crests and menpo's).

Also, all clans except Sendai still have the same portrait for the Daimyo’s, I know I could fix this but it would take me ages, maybe I’ll do it someday.

No helmets / masks etc was not really intended, but a surprising turn of events that actually adds some form of realism (It’s only logical that you’ve got no armor on for diplomacy and travel, and get your full gear on for battles)

All mods are in MOVIE format, so just drag and drop to Data Folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:

I must stress that all resources used belong to their respective owners and I absolutely claim no ownership of these, as my intent was merely to improve the atmosphere of an already great game.
    If I go in the wrong anywhere, please point this out.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: April 13th 2013:

Now that I can finally edit my posts and don't have to create a new thread.
    I have decided to pull out all stops and make a another effort to update this mod, as I have done a lot of tinkering to it.
    The Aizu and Nagaoka Daimyo's haven't changed much (I didn't touch the Nagaoka Daimyo, because I think he already looked fine).

UPDATE: April 15th 2013:

I have added the Obama clan, and so now all the Shogunate clans have received a "traditional" overhaul.
    I'd also like to personally thank McCarronXLD for gifting me the Obama Clan DLC pack, thus allowing me to create, test and bug-check the mod (I had a load of issues with the skeleton-model that CA gave the original Daimyo, it was almost un-editable, they really cut corners on these DLC Daimyo's).

I also absolutely recommend downloading Robin de Bodemloze's excellent portrait mod for FotS, he's done a great job of improving the game!

His mod almost goes hand-in-hand with my mod, as the Daimyo's portraits not covered by my edits, he has in his mod and vice-versa.
    Make sure you grab his mod as well if you do grab mine!

You can find his mod here:

http://bit.ly/XKUQtG

New! The Obama Han:

I changed the looks to look like what I imagine they would look like from their description, they are the "Overseers" and have one of the strongest legacies of the FotS game, descendants from legendary statesmen.

Download:
    (+ Includes Bonus Custom Daimyo Portrait designed to go with it)
    (Also includes a slight re-colouring to match the portrait)
    Obama

The Sendai Han:

I changed the looks for the Daimyo to look a little more menacing instead of a wet towel wrapped around his forehead while rocking a top grade pedo-moustache. It says in the clan description that they are fearsome warriors and masters of politics, so major tweaks were needed to go from captain lifejacket-jumpsuit pedo-moustache to actual Daimyo of the Date Clan.

Download:
    (+ Includes Bonus Custom Daimyo Portrait designed to go with it)
    Sendai

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Aizu Han:

This is where my jaw dropped when I read the bio, it said they had a major traditionalist streak and were fierce supporters of the Shogun and it's tradition, yet the Daimyo looked like he was ready to go to work at the bank.

I intended to correct this hilarity, and just gave him full Sengoku Jidai armor instead.

Download:

Aizu

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Jozai Han:

These guys are poor as hell, but it says they are superb guerilla fighters and can strike quickly (they have increased run speed to boot).
    So I tweaked his appearance from steamboat captain to something that looks like a daimyo who does what he can with what he has.

Download:

Jozai

(Want these clan colours too? Look at the bottom of this post to download them!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nagaoka Han:

It says they are shrewd business people, so I made him look like a classy jakuza boss. He doesn’t have any armor, because they aren’t really warriors, and prefer to use guns over swords (and armor doesn’t stop bullets)
    It’s a better look than peasant Mcgee with the paper foil hat.

Download:

Nagaoka

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to comment or share your thoughts!
    If you like it, please +rep!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Sakanade; November 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [FoTS] Sakanade's Traditional Daimyo Overhaul - Traditional Armors for Shogunate Clans

Great job,especially the Aizu han Daimyo. Downloading now

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [FoTS] Sakanade's Traditional Daimyo Overhaul - Traditional Armors for Shogunate Clans

i love this! I really want try some of your mods, but I am in china now.

Great mod! Expecially the Aizu!

Do have any battle pics?

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post
    Great mod! Expecially the Aizu!

Do have any battle pics?
    Ofcourse, I'll update the first post.
    Last edited by Sakanade; April 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

- Updated Main Post -
    Last edited by Sakanade; April 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

i´m looking for this since months! thank you honestly man!
    question: are generals also traditional looking now? or just the daimyos?
    if just the daimyos, will you continue working on the generals too? (cause otherwise it still kills immersion, doesnt it?)

again, thanx so much for this Sakanade!
    (bought game in march 2011, played 3 hours, ... starting 4th hour 1.5 years later because of discovering your mod. THANX.)

raffychan's Avatar Libertus

this is awesome!! I will give it a try!!! thanks for modding^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    i´m looking for this since months! thank you honestly man!
    question: are generals also traditional looking now? or just the daimyos?
    if just the daimyos, will you continue working on the generals too? (cause otherwise it still kills immersion, doesnt it?)

again, thanx so much for this Sakanade!
    (bought game in march 2011, played 3 hours, ... starting 4th hour 1.5 years later because of discovering your mod. THANX.)

Haha, no problem man!

I'm sorry, It's only the Daimyo's that are traditional now, this is because the generals all get random appearances that get selected from 1 giant pool of "dudes".

So to put simply, in the database files there is this 1 giant list of "possible" general looks, and every time a general spawns an appearance gets randomly selected from that list.
    It would be impossible to add traditional generals JUST to 1 clan.

And if I put traditional generals in there, everybody will get them, there are no specific factions for these random generals.
    This is why I can only do the Daimyo's and not the generals. I'm sorry, but if I could have, I totally would have.

alright, i understand the point. a pitty, but no chance.
    i´ll only have one general/daimyo then
    thanx again Sakanade!
    cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakanade View Post
    Haha, no problem man!

I'm sorry, It's only the Daimyo's that are traditional now, this is because the generals all get random appearances that get selected from 1 giant pool of "dudes".

So to put simply, in the database files there is this 1 giant list of "possible" general looks, and every time a general spawns an appearance gets randomly selected from that list.
    It would be impossible to add traditional generals JUST to 1 clan.

And if I put traditional generals in there, everybody will get them, there are no specific factions for these random generals.
    This is why I can only do the Daimyo's and not the generals. I'm sorry, but if I could have, I totally would have.

hello would it be possible for you (sakanade) to modified the looks of the imperialist daimyo

thank you

What about the Sendai daimyo's sons? They both look like bankers still.
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

Quote Originally Posted by USERUSER View Post
    hello would it be possible for you (sakanade) to modified the looks of the imperialist daimyo

thank you
    Well, in the game the Imperialists are made out to be the "modernizationists", they have specific units for the imperial side with guns etc, which would defeat it's purpose.
    I made the Shogunate side the "Samurai" side, as they are melee based (Shogitai etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Brando View Post
    What about the Sendai daimyo's sons? They both look like bankers still.
    I already answered this question in this thread.
    Modifying those are not possible, only the daimyo.
    Last edited by Sakanade; April 14, 2013 at 06:52 AM.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

These are great! Do you think you could do one for Obama? Strangely enough it seems that most things that alter FoTS stuff leave them out. I can't remember if they were DLC or something.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    These are great! Do you think you could do one for Obama? Strangely enough it seems that most things that alter FoTS stuff leave them out. I can't remember if they were DLC or something.
    You discovered my thread at an awkward time! I was just in the process of updating this very out-dated mod.
    I could do Obama, but they are a DLC clan and I haven't bought them yet.
    Maybe I'll do them if I have some extra time, but I would be editing them blind, as I have no way of playing them, thus no way of knowing if I edited them correctly / looks in order.

Default Re: [FoTS] Sakanade Presents: |TDO| Traditional Daimyo Overhaul - Traditional Armors for Shogunate Clans

I'd be willing to gift the DLC to you
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Default Re: [FoTS] Sakanade Presents: |TDO| Traditional Daimyo Overhaul - Traditional Armors for Shogunate Clans

I'd be willing to gift the DLC to you
    You... you'd do that?
    I.. I am actually a bit taken aback.
    I don't really know what to say, is that even allowed on these boards?
    If you'd be willing then I would humbly accept.

I would in that case also like your feedback on how you think the Obama Daimyo could be improved (I mean, I assume you play them, I read their bio which says they they are "overseers" with great wisdom. But have any suggestions? I'll take it in consideration).

I will take a look in the database which looks to give the Daimyo.
    I'll even whip up a custom made portrait like I did with the Sendai.
    Last edited by Sakanade; April 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM.

Sure I would! I don't think it is not allowed seeing as it is just a gift would just need your email or steam name to send it. As far as feedback goes I'd just like to see what you come up with, I don't really have any ideas hehe. The flavor text says they are also very good with trade, so that may be something I suppose!

Sure I would! I don't think it is not allowed seeing as it is just a gift would just need your email or steam name to send it. As far as feedback goes I'd just like to see what you come up with, I don't really have any ideas hehe. The flavor text says they are also very good with trade, so that may be something I suppose!

Alright!
    I sent you a PM, (I hope? I usually get a lot of issues on TW center / a lot of error 505's.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Hey Sakanade, could you reup some screenshots?

thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast