Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Tabletop.

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Hyrule Tabletop.

Ok so with Neph being awesome in general and everyone else contributing plus I've had enough fun RPing this that I've decided to work on a tabletop RPG format for this. That is if neph's cool with it of course. I was going to base the rules off of DnD 3.5 and would need help with the monster manual and Magic items mostly. this will take a while but I'd like to see if anyone would be open to an experimental campaign once this has progressed far enough.

Default Re: Hyrule Tabletop.

I'd be up for an experimental campaign.
    Good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~ For Horon And Holodrum! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Wakerz140 View Post
    Ok so with Neph being awesome in general and everyone else contributing plus I've had enough fun RPing this that I've decided to work on a tabletop RPG format for this. That is if neph's cool with it of course. I was going to base the rules off of DnD 3.5 and would need help with the monster manual and Magic items mostly. this will take a while but I'd like to see if anyone would be open to an experimental campaign once this has progressed far enough.
    Hmm. I like it, although I'm more experienced with Dark Heresy and it's subsidiaries, along with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, I'm still interested. Thank you for choosing 3.5 over 4th edition though.

By the way, give it stats, and we'll kill it, guaranteed. So if you don't want us turning Majora into a breakfast steak, don't give it stats.
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; August 29, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

I actually tried making a HTW tabletop game similar to Warhammer a few years ago. Turns out clay is just not as obedient to me as 3D models in Maya are though.

zacen299's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I actually tried making a HTW tabletop game similar to Warhammer a few years ago. Turns out clay is just not as obedient to me as 3D models in Maya are though.
    That sounds like permission GO GO NOW AND MAKE IT WAKERZ.

Ehh, nowadays, people tend to run tabletop games on the internet, despite the inherent irony of that statement. Deffwotch being a good example, the entire game was run using the Dark Heresy/Deathwatch/Black Crusade/Rogue Trader (No, not THAT Rogue Trader) rulebooks, but the 4 players and the GM all lived in different parts of the world, so they had online sessions.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

I approve of this plan Wakerz. Unfortunately, I have never played D&D or the Warhammer table top games, so I won't be of much help here. Good luck though.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

zacen299's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Ehh, nowadays, people tend to run tabletop games on the internet, despite the inherent irony of that statement. Deffwotch being a good example, the entire game was run using the Dark Heresy/Deathwatch/Black Crusade/Rogue Trader (No, not THAT Rogue Trader) rulebooks, but the 4 players and the GM all lived in different parts of the world, so they had online sessions.
    Very true but hey it's still fun.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    I approve of this plan Wakerz. Unfortunately, I have never played D&D or the Warhammer table top games, so I won't be of much help here. Good luck though.
    Dito on that. Though I have painted warhammer 40k models for a hobby once.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

I game, I have never played D&D or Warhammer before, but this sounds fun. So count me in.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

If it's anything like Dark Heresy we're all going to die horribly.
    Also, Clay is generally a poor choice for tabletop modelling. It's good for general artistry, although getting in the finer details is a pain. What with professional companies nowadays using either metal, finecast, or plastic, clay never really caught on.

However, we're going to need to make use of a different medium if we intend to take this seriously though, Total War Centre isn't going to cut it. No offence to the mods, of course.

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Use GURPS instead of 3.5 It will make the transition easier.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Hrmm...GURPS? think I failed something by not knowing what that is. Anyways I can't model or draw for crap so i'll just be doing the rules. Fortunately this isn't the first one I've made. I custom made one for a friend a few years back.

Generic Universal RolePlaying System

A long, long time ago (Majora's Mask wasn't out yet), I gave a shot at making a paper and dice Zelda RPG with a French called Simulacres.
    It's extremely simplicstic, so it worked well to simulate the fast paced action gameplay of Zelda (quite different from the menu based systems of Final Fantasy and other J-RPGs).

I took a look at GURPS and would be willing to try it, but I have none of the books which I would need. Does anyone have links to where I can find PDF's or something?

Alkhemia's Avatar Laetus

Here the lite version http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/ I don't want to get In trouble for posting those links but try "that one bay" for the real stuff.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    If it's anything like Dark Heresy we're all going to die horribly.
    Also, Clay is generally a poor choice for tabletop modelling. It's good for general artistry, although getting in the finer details is a pain. What with professional companies nowadays using either metal, finecast, or plastic, clay never really caught on.
    Clay or some other soft malleable material is almost always used to sculpt the figures used in tabletop games. A cast is made over the clay and then it's filled with a stronger material such as resign, plastic, or various alloys. Maybe one day I'll try and make miniatures again for a tabletop.

Now I feel like an idiot...damnit.

It's funny you should mention this. I actually host a "Zelda D20" campaign at least once a week with my friends on campus where I go to college. We have a lot of fun in a large custom world of my own creation.

In case you're curious or by some chance you haven't seen this yet already in your searches, this is the system my friends and I have been using for the past year and a half. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/da.vane/ZeldaRPG.htm (Click "Zelda RPG" on the left to download the pdf file.)

Ah, the "every magic user is a wizzrobe" game... if people think Neph goes too far in taking liberties with canon it's probably because they haven't checked that out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast