Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

Gamefront blocked servers for some countries. Can avoid that problem, enter on page which change IP or get anonim IP. For example - enter on page in code, paste gamefront's link, and save download file. After, change name download file from .php to .exe or other.
    Code:
    http://bramkaproxy.darmowki.eu/
    http://www.efreegoogleproxy.org/
    http://www.goodtrafficexchange.com/
    http://www.placesite.info/
    http://fastproxysites.com/
    Rome Total Realism 2.0:
    Code:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/22183736/RTRPE_v2_0_exe
    Enjoy
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; December 02, 2012 at 03:21 AM.

hey when i made target line "D:\Game Files (x86)\Activision\Rome Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:rtrpe -show_err -noalexander
    it says not valid target, i have it installed in my main rtw folder

nevermind got it

One thing I don't see talked about here that is bothering me:

I have the Steam version of RTW gold and Alexander. You are given 2 games to launch, if you want to play the Alexander Campaign you launch Alex, and if you want to launch RTW, you launch Rome: Total War Gold.

How does this work with the mod? If I want to play the imperial campaign, do I install the mod in /alex and launch the Alexander entry in steam? That usually only brings up the Alexander campaign.

Thoughts?
    Proud Mentee of the one and the only:

Master of Thessus

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Install in Alex and edit the launch option.

3. Steam Version, install RTRPE v2.0 to
    a. 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander
    b. 32bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander
    To run with Steam right-click on Rome: Total War-Alexander in Steam Library
    - select Properties
    - select SET LAUNCH OPTIONS...
    - enter -mod:rtrpe -show_err -noalexander
    ** Note - You can also create shortcut by clicking CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; December 28, 2012 at 02:51 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Yes I did see that, but it wasn't clear to me that launching Alexander would be used to play the imperial campaign for Rome.

That strikes me as unusual, and without it being clearly spelled out, I hesitated to assume it was the case. I have, in fact, done everything and gotten it working. It's sure nice to play RTR again, I haven't in ... nearly a decade.
    Proud Mentee of the one and the only:

Master of Thessus

I'm sorry, I don't know how to use the Target thing, when I go into the shortcut and use properties, there is nothing for me to fill in, not Target Line or anything. Please help!
    Baron Samedi's Submod>FROME

There, I said it!

Steam or retail version ?

Looks Great, well done to the team

I was just wondering if there are any new units and if there is a new skin for the Spartan hoplites?

Thanks

I am having an issue where it takes twice as long for the roman characters to pass through the student, tribune, etc... stages. I saw that someone had a similar issue earlier but I still seem to be having the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zomballer View Post
    I am having an issue where it takes twice as long for the roman characters to pass through the student, tribune, etc... stages. I saw that someone had a similar issue earlier but I still seem to be having the issue.
    Quick fix is to use the 4tpy as the Roman stuff is actually made for 4typ and has not been updated for normal 2tpy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScythian View Post
    Looks Great, well done to the team

I was just wondering if there are any new units and if there is a new skin for the Spartan hoplites?

Thanks
    No. There's few new RTR VII roman units in the build actually though it has not been enabled. It was from my personal build which was accidently included.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I have tried this new version of my once favourite mod and noticed few things different from my previous expirience. Here they are:
    1.) It seems some animations are different in comparation with 1.9 version, it is hoplite animation they do not anymore use overhead spear animation but instead fight with spears down like Triarii. Also Cataphracts do not anymore put their lances on their shoulders why they are idle but instead keep them in hand in position with points to sky which seems a little bit strange concidering the lenght of their lances.
    2.) It seems that historical battle of Magnesia is not playlable anymore.

Thanks for your effort on this

Do 1.9 have overhead animation for Hoplite ? I don't remember exactly but I guess by default it doesn't have because when we created Platinum years ago the goal was to get as close as RTR 6 Gold as possible. There were mini add ons however that included these animations if I'm not mistaken.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, it has. At least the version I have dowloaded from oficial RTR page. I did not have any opptional addons instaled so it had to be a part of the basic 1.9 download.

Foederatus

I have to ask, I cannot find anything on this. RTRPE 2.0 with 0.1v installed for new map. All factions in campaign if I click on any/all unit descriptions the image of peasant apprers? Not for buildings though. I have compared EDU, EDB, EDU vnms, dont see anything wierd. I have downloaded 3 times the RTRPE2.0, 4-tpy mod, v0.1mod I am sure they are correct. Anyone else heard of this?

Laetus

I just want to offer my praise for RTRPE v.2.0. I've been a big fan of the series and this one has been the most bug-free. I've been playing as the Armenian faction and have gotten 100 yrs into it so far without a CTD. I play the 2 turn per year version as things move along much quicker. I have also been playing the new RTRVII but it seems like a plodding affair - my family members have been breeding like rabbits. Also I find it takes too long to be able to leave a city after it's been conquered and since there are very few Consuls that's very restricting to military expansion. I vote for RTRPE v.2.O as the best of the Total War mods to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Lucian View Post
    I just want to offer my praise for RTRPE v.2.0. I've been a big fan of the series and this one has been the most bug-free. I've been playing as the Armenian faction and have gotten 100 yrs into it so far without a CTD. I play the 2 turn per year version as things move along much quicker. I have also been playing the new RTRVII but it seems like a plodding affair - my family members have been breeding like rabbits. Also I find it takes too long to be able to leave a city after it's been conquered and since there are very few Consuls that's very restricting to military expansion. I vote for RTRPE v.2.O as the best of the Total War mods to date.
    Good to know. I would like to hear in case you're still playing and it can go past 66bc.

Hello guys!
    Can somebody help me download the 2.0 platinum version?? The link is broken at filefront and i really need it.

My e-mail is cozmicus@gmail.com if you'd like to the send the file ...

Thanks so much,,,

got it boys, i just followed StaefanBatory advice on the top!! This version rules....

Hello everyone,

I want to download RTRPE 2.0, but gamefront doesn't work in my country. Have you got another links?

Thanks!