Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Aux 3 need first level of missile building. Practice field I think.

Next needs second level of stable (hippodrome ?) and huge town level.

The last level of barrack building needs last level of missile building.

Hope this explains.
    Hi there

New here, but i've been reading the forums for a while. Played a lot of RTRPE 1.9

Started a new game with 2.0, selected Parthia. As i read about these changes, i used the script to test them. Thing is, Parthia does not have a Siege Engineer building (last missile lvl), so im not able to build the Royal Barracks, as i can only get to Aux Lvl III.

Is this a bug, error or am i just missing something??

Primicerius

Just wanted to chip in another little praise for the team. My VH difficulty campaign has been most enjoyable up to now: full of reversals and AI comebacks.

Here is how it went. At the start, the Greeks in Southern Italy seemed quite passive. So, I took two cities from Pyrrhus with ease and forced Greeks to pay me tribute for a while. Since the Greeks had lost Syracuse to Carthage by then, I thought to myself they were pretty much done [wrong I was]. The First Punic war I won with ease too (Carthage was quite a pushover in Sicily). Then started the serial wars with Carhage (they'd sue for peace; pay tribute; land a couple more stacks; attack again). At some point, after beating 2 Carthage's stacks, I sent a diplomat to their capital, hoping for more money. To my surprise, Carhage was owned by my allies, Numidians. Actually, as it turned out, Numidians had used Carthage's preoccupation with Sicily and Corsica to take all of Northern Africa from them. Well done AI. At that point, Carthage's attacks on Rome ceased (as their faction was pretty much constrained to 1 province in Iberia and 2 minor islands). I thought to myself, Carthage is done too [wrong I was again].

After some time, I noticed a message that Iberians had been eliminated from the game. AI Carthage did that. At the same time, AI Greeks eliminated Illyria and reduced Macedonia to 1 remaining town. It did not end there. Carthage proceeded taking over Gallic provinces along the Mediterranean coast and ended up sending 5 full stacks into Italy through Cisalpine Gaul. Hannibals invasion recreated almost precisely (not counting Carthage losing Northern Africa to Numidians)... At the same time, Greeks, allied to Carthage are trying to push their way into Italy through Patavium.

Well done, AI [and the mod team]!

BTW, despite VH campaign difficulty Numidians have stuck to our alliance for decades.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Rospokadu View Post
    Hi there

New here, but i've been reading the forums for a while. Played a lot of RTRPE 1.9

Started a new game with 2.0, selected Parthia. As i read about these changes, i used the script to test them. Thing is, Parthia does not have a Siege Engineer building (last missile lvl), so im not able to build the Royal Barracks, as i can only get to Aux Lvl III.

Is this a bug, error or am i just missing something??
    You seems to be correct.

Temporary fix is by editing export_descr_buildings.txt

Look for the line as follows:

militia_barracks requires factions { parthia, slave, } and building_present_min_level missiles siege_engineer

Change it to this:

militia_barracks requires factions { parthia, slave, } ;and building_present_min_level missiles siege_engineer

(or delete the red color entry).

You should be able to build 4th (last) level of barracks for Parthia.

This is temporary until I have time to figure our better options.

Another option is to edit this line:

siege_engineer requires factions { carthage, egyptian, macedon, greek_cities, roman, } and building_present_min_level academic academy

Change it to:

siege_engineer requires factions { carthage, egyptian, macedon, greek_cities, parthia, roman, } and building_present_min_level academic academy

(adding parthia entry in siege_engineer building.)

*attached file is using the first option.
    Attached Files Attached Files

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

You seems to be correct.

Temporary fix is by editing export_descr_buildings.txt

Look for the line as follows:

militia_barracks requires factions { parthia, slave, } and building_present_min_level missiles siege_engineer

Change it to this:

militia_barracks requires factions { parthia, slave, } ;and building_present_min_level missiles siege_engineer

(or delete the red color entry).

You should be able to build 4th (last) level of barracks for Parthia.

This is temporary until I have time to figure our better options.

Another option is to edit this line:

siege_engineer requires factions { carthage, egyptian, macedon, greek_cities, roman, } and building_present_min_level academic academy

Change it to:

siege_engineer requires factions { carthage, egyptian, macedon, greek_cities, parthia, roman, } and building_present_min_level academic academy

(adding parthia entry in siege_engineer building.)

*attached file is using the first option.
    Ok, thanks. I think i'll do this not only to Parthia, but other factions that may have the same problem (dont want other factions missing on their elite units in a campaign)

Another few things:

- The victory conditions does not show up in the Faction screen. This happened before in 1.9. Any way to fix this? (not that important, as i almost never play the game with the objectives in mind anyway)
    - Is the grain bug still present? if so, ill just remove some of the grain so it doesnt form a chain and enable some regions to have 12% (or more) growth rates

If you know any other factions please list here so I make a proper patch in near future. I didn't change the grain resource but did lower the growth overall so need to see first how the longer campaign especially with 4tpy goes.

Not sure about the victory condition. Should be there. Is it just for certain factions or all ?

When I tested it was mainly for Romans and I remember the victory condition is listed.

i've noticed there are 3 Alexandria on the map. Is it normal or just an oversight? and which one is the one needed for victory?( i'd guess the old one).

If you know any other factions please list here so I make a proper patch in near future. I didn't change the grain resource but did lower the growth overall so need to see first how the longer campaign especially with 4tpy goes.

Not sure about the victory condition. Should be there. Is it just for certain factions or all ?

When I tested it was mainly for Romans and I remember the victory condition is listed.
    Well, the factions that would have that same problem are the ones that doesnt have access to the Siege Engineer building (only carthage, egypt, greek, macedon, and roma have) and have the militia barracks (that would be all other factions, outside of barbarian factions, if im not mistaken)

On the victory conditions, only Rome seems to display them to me. All other factions have a blank line on the overview window where the victory conditions should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferodaktyl View Post
    i've noticed there are 3 Alexandria on the map. Is it normal or just an oversight? and which one is the one needed for victory?( i'd guess the old one).
    Alexander (the Great) did name many cities after himself so there are indeed many City of Alexander on the map.

For Romans the victory condition is taking the one in Egypt.

Primicerius

Oh, BTW, noticed in my game: Baktria does not show victory conditions either.

Can you post a screenshot because I can see mine.

Icon3 Re: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

Hello guys,

Somobody have some experiance with transfer saves game from 1.9 to 2.0? I had play for Romans and transfer our saves. Problem happened in Hispania. I have taken all hispania and in new version I have one unconquered settlement in map. But is missing!

Due to my bad english I add screenshot. I hope that someone understood.

Please somebody give me an advice.

About performance....I can run fully loaded armies on high settings in the random battle generator with blazing frame rates....but a battle in campaign mode with half the troops and low settings chugs along really choppy....why?

Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche666 View Post
    About performance....I can run fully loaded armies on high settings in the random battle generator with blazing frame rates....but a battle in campaign mode with half the troops and low settings chugs along really choppy....why?
    No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WikisRuleZz View Post
    Hello guys,

Somobody have some experiance with transfer saves game from 1.9 to 2.0? I had play for Romans and transfer our saves. Problem happened in Hispania. I have taken all hispania and in new version I have one unconquered settlement in map. But is missing!

Due to my bad english I add screenshot. I hope that someone understood.

Please somebody give me an advice.
    Can you transfer back the save to 1.9 version and see it it happens the same ? If not then the issue comes with 2.0 and I will have to check for it (though I have entirely no idea how it happens).

Nice mod! I've never seen a Legionary Cohorts individually numbered like these are. Is that done through the export_descr_ancillaries.txt?

LestaT: I will test it.

But I came across another problem. From Libia to Tripolitania I can't step into boundary. Is it right? See pictures...

Primicerius

Can you post a screenshot because I can see mine.
    Sorry it took me so long. Here is the screenie, with Bactria victory conditions empty.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Nice mod! I've never seen a Legionary Cohorts individually numbered like these are. Is that done through the export_descr_ancillaries.txt?
    No. Just the vanilla BI method though for BI I think they only name/number the first cohort.

This is done with region related files (3 files altogether). You can add a lot more but I ran out of names already. I even use 3rd & 4th century legion names but gives the region that have these names in the east so if play normally (turtling) you may get these legions around 100AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    Sorry it took me so long. Here is the screenie, with Bactria victory conditions empty.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Okay. Thanks. I though it was missing from the front end before starting the campaign. I will look what's the issue tonight and see if I can fix this. Will be away for the weekend so any patches will have to come out next weekend at least. However if a simple fix then I can give a DIY method or just upload the file to fix it.

.... On a second though if someone can go to descr_victory_condition.txt (it's in rtrpe/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder you can try to comment out the unused faction and see if this fix it. Might have to start a new campaign for it to take effect though (deleting map.rwm from the same folder).

comment out

new_brutii, new_scipii and new_senate together with their victory condition lines.

Quote Originally Posted by WikisRuleZz View Post
    LestaT: I will test it.

But I came across another problem. From Libia to Tripolitania I can't step into boundary. Is it right? See pictures...
    Yes. Those are the early method to prevent wars between Carthage and Ptolemaic. Actually in RTW-ALX we have a way to prevent that but I guess it's better to have those as it's more correct to use navies instead of marching armies through the desert.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; September 27, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

debux's Avatar Senator

What does the RTW-ALEX engine give that could avoid such a war? It would be great to avoid that issue in a lot of other mods (EB comes to mind... I hated seeing such an ahistorical conflict)
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    What does the RTW-ALEX engine give that could avoid such a war? It would be great to avoid that issue in a lot of other mods (EB comes to mind... I hated seeing such an ahistorical conflict)
    There's new entry ai do not attack faction xxx in the strat file. It makes the ai faction do not attack the other ai faction which is mention in the code.

You can see the sample in descr_strat. I'm not sure if EB alex version included this but it's easy to implement.

Hi,

Again me. In 1.9 version I can across the sea from some island. Now in new version I have the same problem. Is it purpose?