Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

The mistake was mine. I installed the mod in alexander folder, instead of main rome folder. Now it works just fine. So.... kill them all .

Thanks a lot LestaT

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Good then. May I suggest to try the 4tpy mod too. Check post#3.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Good then. May I suggest to try the 4tpy mod too. Check post#3.
    Yes, thanks for the suggestion. Much better with 4tpy

Hello everyone,
    Firstly I would like to congratulate a new mod. I really like it. But to be honest I've only one question about that.Coz I'm wondering if is there any possiblity to edit/add new animations of fight from EB, which were able in 1.9 platinum version ? Because in my opinion only new animations of fight are missing in this mod. which is good.
    Thank you, have a nice rest of a day/night.

If it's already in 1.9 then it is in 2.0 though not activate via descr_model_battle.txt

It's not a new mod. Basically RTR PE 1.9 upgraded to be able to use RTW-ALX with some add-ons.

New mods will be RTR VII series. RTR Platinum series are basically RTR 6 Gold which was created more than 7 years ago.

Hi I am a new member, not new to the Total war series, simply to the forum.
    I've used 1.9 in the past, but, well, my disks died and got myself the gold version of rome from Gamersgate.
    I saw the 2.0 platinum release and decided to go all the way, bought the Alex expansion and decided to install the mod...

worked like a charm, I conquered a few cities and begun to build the auxilia buildings... well, the first stage, that is. Second stage doesn't seem to become available, I am not sure if it is because I am missing a requirement or if it is because I am using the gold version.
    So I am asking are there any requirements for the second level Auxilia buildings or should I go for a reinstall? or even worse, is this an issue related to using the gold version?

I probably forgot to write in detail regarding the recruitment changes.

For second level auxilia, a stable must be build first. Stable can be build from town level onward.

That's great, tested and... works. level 3 auxilia has any requirements, while we are on the topic?

Aux 3 need first level of missile building. Practice field I think.

Next needs second level of stable (hippodrome ?) and huge town level.

The last level of barrack building needs last level of missile building.

In previous version up to RTR PE 1.9 barrack only produce infantry units while missile and cavalry from respective buildings but these causes CTD when viewing the unit description from building panels. So I changed so that all units are recruitable from baracks with level of barracks (including auxilias) are available depending on to level and also missile/cavalry buildings levels.

Hope this explains.

Technically you still need the same building requirements of the old version to create units. There may be changes here and there for balancing purposes as up until RTR PE 1.9 Macedonian AI almost always wins everything so I changed a bit their unit recruitment. Now for my previous test by running the -ai command it was almost always Rome on the west and either Ptolemaic or Seleucid on the east. There are times that Parthia have the upper hand once in a campaign. Overall the 'winning' factions is more random compared to previous versions.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; September 06, 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Just awesome !! Thanks for this release =D.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Primicerius

I had not played Rome for a long, long time. Just noticed Platinum 2.0 RTR edition and this dragged me back Thanks guys!

One questions, I see in the top forum, some reference to a bug as a result of which reforms are not taking place. Does this affect Patinum 2.0 as well?

Platinum only use vanilla Marian reform though the cities needed for the reform to happen (huge city level) has been changed to try and make the reform happened much later if played normally (not sending slaves to the provinces ).

Primicerius

Platinum only use vanilla Marian reform though the cities needed for the reform to happen (huge city level) has been changed to try and make the reform happened much later if played normally (not sending slaves to the provinces ).
    OK, good

I was wondering also about aging of characters. I play the vanilla RTR Platinum 2.0 and the education script, for example, suggests, a character should spend 4 years (8 turns) in a university town. However, it seems, characters age 1 year every 6 months... So, the character has effectively aged 8 years by the end of his "4 year education". The same applies to other timed tenures (tribune, etc.): the tenure script counts the time correctly whereas the character ages 1 year every turn (6 months). Any patch/mod fix for that?

The traits and trigger is basically base on 4tpy mod. I'll look into that when I have time for normal 2 year version. Anyway are you sure characters actually aged every tuns (6 months) as it should be every 2 turns.

Primicerius

The traits and trigger is basically base on 4tpy mod. I'll look into that when I have time for normal 2 year version. Anyway are you sure characters actually aged every tuns (6 months) as it should be every 2 turns.
    I'll double check later tonight to see whether it was turns that took twice the amount of times or chars aged twice as fast as they should I know that if I stick a 16 year old char into Rome, he's done with his "4 year training" when he's 24...

Hi guyz,
    I'm new here. I read topics about this mode and i want to say that i love it Anyway i havent played it yet Because i am kinda confused now. There are two packs that i saw: platinum version of this mod 2.0(it contains rtr6) and rtr VII. i want to play the pack which contains everything new. Can you help me to learn which one is the newest one Thank's for answer.

Primicerius

It seems, installing the 4 turns per year mod solves the character aging and tenure time issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    It seems, installing the 4 turns per year mod solves the character aging and tenure time issue.
    Yes. The triggers for the leadership mod is build for 4tpy. I'll see if I have time to redo one for normal 2tpy. Will be a bit busy this weekend so this will have to wait for some other time unfortunately.

Hello
    I've just registered here and that because of this mod for RTW, so i'll start with thanks to the mod's creator(s). First impression is good(i love easy-to-install mods) and i've played a little into the roman campaign.
    But...( of course there are always buts) i am a little baffled about the stats of one roman unit, the Triarii. It costs more to recruit, more to upkeep, it takes 2 turns to create one and it's attack is lower than the previous one - the Principes, although the defense value is (very much) higher. And this relates to the next but... all units have much higher defense compared to the attack values and i was wondering what was the reason for this (to make battles last longer maybe? and the range units more useless)
    Anyway, since i've just started playing this mod (and i enjoy what i've seen so far) i'll stop my nagging here and go back to playing.
    Cheers!

I'm not sure if the stats were changed since RTR 6 Gold. Not actually sure of the reason but I guess Triarii were basically the last line of defense not because they're the best but mainly they're the oldest and richest of roman citizen at that time.

The highest defense value is done to make sure the battle last more longer than vanilla. Range are not useless except head on. Attacking from the flank brings greater damage as the defense value is not counted.