Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    In the target line put
    -mod:rtrpe -noalexander after all quotation marks. Make sure there is one space in between the quotation marks and your mod lines
    So...

C:\Users\user\Desktop\RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:rtrpe -show_err -noalexander

... ought to work?

Argh. I copy/pasted that target line and still ​get the same error.

You installed it wrong or you created the wrong short cut. Where is your rtrpe folder located?

Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> The Creative Assembly -> Rome - Total War

Okay then the target line in the shortcut needs to read:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -show_err -mod:rtrpe -noalexander

Ha! It worked.

Thanks a lot. I owe you a beer. It's a brilliant mod, and the 4 turns per year addition really sets the pacing.

I'm glad it's working. Download RTRPE II on top of it if you want better graphics such as RS2 environments
    Link is in my signature.

Downloaded and installed. I love it, thanks for the recommendation. The vegetation detail is so lush.

You are welcome!

I have a question . RTR 2.0 has the same issue where if one of ur city revolts u get CTD in enemy turn ? I enjoy 1.9 i just thought if it's fixed i would move my conquest to RTR 2.0 . Thanks.

Hmmm I thought that was fixed. Maybe LestaT could help you.

Quick question, is swim ability implemented in this mod? I play with Alex add-on?
    I play the RTR Platinum v2.0..

Swimming is disabled if playing with ALX

The download link for the 4pty mod seems broken?

Gliptal's Avatar Laetus

Hi, I recently decided to hop back in in Rome TW, and decided to do so with a Mod. I had already played with RTR years ago, and happily found you updated everything up to 2.0. I find it quite complicated to understand what exactly I have to download for the best experience (both in gameplay and stability).

This is what I found here in the forums:
    - RTR Platinum Edition 2.0
    - 4pty mod
    - Unoficcial patches found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...g-of-RTRPEv2-0
    - Unoficcial patch found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sion-2-updated

Am I to download both the last two fixes or only one?

Also, I can't seem to find a comprehnsive list of added feautures by the mod. Isn't there a manual or even a simple README with all the changes, from the first version to 2.0?

From what I've gathered Roman Leadership is not togglable, and must be used. I'm sort of ok with that, but I really can't find explanations on how it works anywhere: the only thread I found is this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...man-Leadership, but it seems to apply to VII. Is it valid for RTR 2.0 too?

Thank you for you answers!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
    Hi, I recently decided to hop back in in Rome TW, and decided to do so with a Mod. I had already played with RTR years ago, and happily found you updated everything up to 2.0. I find it quite complicated to understand what exactly I have to download for the best experience (both in gameplay and stability).

This is what I found here in the forums:
    - RTR Platinum Edition 2.0
    - 4pty mod
    - Unoficcial patches found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...g-of-RTRPEv2-0
    - Unoficcial patch found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sion-2-updated

Am I to download both the last two fixes or only one?

Also, I can't seem to find a comprehnsive list of added feautures by the mod. Isn't there a manual or even a simple README with all the changes, from the first version to 2.0?

From what I've gathered Roman Leadership is not togglable, and must be used. I'm sort of ok with that, but I really can't find explanations on how it works anywhere: the only thread I found is this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...man-Leadership, but it seems to apply to VII. Is it valid for RTR 2.0 too?

Thank you for you answers!
    There is no comprehensive list of added feature because this is an update of RTRPE 1.9 which was an update from 1.8 and so on. I don't even know where to begin since RTRPE is basically a conversion from RTR 6 Gold which was only playable with pre BI RTW 1.2 patch.

The only thing added is in the first post which is what was changed from RTRP 1.9.

- 100% mod foldered.
    - Updated to be playable with RomeTW-ALX.exe
    - Revised cavalry/missile units requirement to prevent CTD when viewing units from building panel.
    - Changed internal roman faction to prevent 66BC CTD (*) when playing as Rome Republic.
    - Enabled original RTR 6 Gold Intro.
    - Includes CTD Fix version2 (for RTR Platinum 1.9) by Salvor Hardin.
    - Some bug fixes here and there.
    - Make provinces with timber (and ports) only able to recruit naval units.
    - Enable BI style Name Legion (refer Roman Legion Guide for reference).
    * There are still some CTDs. Please ensure that you save a lot.

Additional mods included:
    - Include Force Diplomacy Mod.
    - Becksim's Gladius Loading Bar for RTR (optional option for RTR Platinum 1.9).
    - Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations Mod (optional option for RTR Platinum 1.9).
    - Includes RTR 6 Music (Marcus Camillus Remix).
    - Includes Roman Leadership Mod for RTRPE 1.9 by Marcus Camillus (part of Marcus Camillus' 4 Turns-per-Year Mod for RTR Platinum).
    - Added DAVIDE.COOL Servian & Greek Walls.
    Regarding the Roman Leadership I think there document in the installation folder included (I might be wrong, been a while since I look at this mod). It's either Docs or RTRPE Docs or something.

The original thread of 4typ and Roman Leadership Mod is here. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tpy-Mod-v1-9-6

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Gliptal's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for the answer, I managed to get my bearings and install everything as I wanted. As a reference, here is what I did to install the latest RTR 2.0 Platinum, All fixes, 4tpy Mod, no Roman Leadership.

- Install RTR 2.0 Platinum as explained in this same thread
    - Install the fixes found in this thread
    - Install 4tpy Mod as explained in this post
    - Modify the files to remove Roman Leadership as explained at the end of this post (only difference is there is no "Spy Trigger Section" in RTR 2.0, as opposed to RTR VII).

I hope this helps someone in the future!

Awesome work with the mod anyways, it's perfect. I only can't fully understand Auxilia buildings: it seems like I can only build Auxilia I: are there some hidden requirements for the following II and III that I know nothing of?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

If I'm not mistaken auxilia building levels are depending on your town/city level and/or maybe have either need missile and cavalry buildings to be build too.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hi, I decided to play some days in RTR( bk i cant wait for a rtr2 full release ) , but im unable to find a working download link for the 2.0 platinum version. Could sb provide me with one? I'd very much appreciate it!
    Both the depositfiles and filefront links are dead(at least for me)