Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

Default Re: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

No that is on an island in the center where Stannis will be to cut his head off. And even more tempting target for an angry fray fool But in my eyes, being the armchair general that I am suppose Stannis will logically fight because he says something like making it defensive theon goes "It's just a village with nothing defensive" and he replys "Not yet". He's going to do something to change the field and that's the only way it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Suribachi View Post
    OK, maybe that was an over-harsh punishment for being a snooty . What can I say, I don't like snooty 's
    And I don't like people who joke about sexual slavery. Dunno, maybe it's just me?

Still, I'm glad you never insulted anyone when you were 11
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude117 View Post
    I think GRRM must love Shakespeare, because like old Bill Shakespeare ,GRRM, loves killing characters, so I can see it ending with every main character dead maybe minus one or two, and a bunch of minor ones still alive, but who knows with GRRM, just don't expect a LOTRs ending where most of the characters are alive and happy and evil has been defeated forever and ever...
    He will probably kill most of them but his ''Darlings". Also, I don't think you read the Lord of the Rings properly if you say that.

Mount Suribachi's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelessly Hopeless View Post
    And I don't like people who joke about sexual slavery. Dunno, maybe it's just me?

Still, I'm glad you never insulted anyone when you were 11
    What, people like George RR Martin?
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

Nope. Way to miss the point
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

I picture the Dornish really messing things up. But I would love to see *Spoiler*

Aegon to return to Westeros and take King's Landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelessly Hopeless View Post
    Nope. Way to miss the point
    If you really believe that I really believe, that being given to Ramsay Snow is suitable retribution for being a little snob, and that I really believe its funny, I can't help you. I was merely trying to make light of the situation, but you seem determined to be offended
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

I really wish that dorne crowned marcella when Euron attacked Tyrells and the vale somehow attacks Lannisters. that'll be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden_Tully View Post
    I really wish that dorne crowned marcella when Euron attacked Tyrells and the vale somehow attacks Lannisters. that'll be cool

Wouldn't we all like this to happen... What we hope rarely happens in this series although with Littlefingers position in the vale they are going to fight the throne and Dorans plan in the east gone awry an alliance with Aegon seems possible.

I'm going to risk a bit here and say that I have a theory of what littlefinger wishes to achieve : To be a king.

He clearly had issues with the tully's rejecting him for being such a small house so now he's gotten much larger (A paramount, the tully's old one to be exact) and the stuff with Lysa has made whatever revenge he wants pretty complete BUT he's ambitious and still wishes for more, so he wants to take over the North as well as de facto leader of the vale and riverlands, from their he owns half the kingdoms and I doubt he'll stop there. What's higher than a paramount Lord?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

...King of the Vale, the North and the Riverlands? King on the Iron Throne? King of the United States of America???
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

King of whatever he can get his hands on But Iron throne Mr. Pedantic , unless you truly believe he's going to make a running for the US :')

Seems reasonable to assume for an over ambitious man like that but he will obviously fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Patriarch View Post
    King of whatever he can get his hands on But Iron throne Mr. Pedantic , unless you truly believe he's going to make a running for the US :')

Seems reasonable to assume for an over ambitious man like that but he will obviously fall.
    Obviously? Nothing is obvious in GRRMs world. Maybe the bittersweet ending George has in mind is Sansa surviving, married to creepy old King Petyr, the first of his name

He's in an interesting position - The Vale, whilst now covered in snow, is untouched by war and its armies at full strength. It is also easily defensible by land. If he produces and marries Sansa, he can claim the north, though whether any surviving Stark bannermen would accept him is open to question, as is the value of the Stark lands when they're a frozen wasteland populated only by zombie. What's interesting is that when he was made Lord of Harrenhal, there were also clauses inserted about all the other riverlords owing him fealty.

And of course, he's in bed with the Tyrells, having negotiated both Joffrey's marriage and execution...

Not to mention all the money he's got squirreled away, all the people in his debt, all the perversions of the flesh he is able to accomodate...

There is only one hero, one champion, the one we deserve but not the one we need right now who can stop him...A dark knight if you will. The only man who can match him - Varys. I believe short of a wildcard walking up and stabbing littlefinger at an inopportune time (A la daniel craig at the end of Layer cake) varys is the only game player able match him. Some say Sansa but I dunnooooo at this point, still probable.

I'm not sure what Littlefinger will do. He could offer himself to Arienna of Dorne, I guess. Or send his new Valeman Army north to fight Stannis/the Boltons, or west to secure himself the Riverlands, maybe. Maybe he'll declare for Stannis? That would be very interesting.

He wouldnt declare- intresting but nearly as likley to happen as Jamie declaring for Stannis.

I think Jaime is more likely to declare himself king, than go over to Stannis. Not that Stannis would have him - Kingslayer, oathbreaker, adulterer, treasonous, sister-er, father of the three abominations.

Having said that, I think Jaime might make the best king of all. By his POV chapters in ADWD he has developed wisdom and humility to go with his natural leadership qualities, as well as walking the fine line between justice and oppression, mercy and weakness.

I agree, Jaime is now a bit of a goody goody.

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

YEah, but he will be no king. No one would accept a kingslayer King
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

How about princeslaying Robert?

Anyway, i think Jaime's POV's became extremely unrealistic after the whole Goat-hand incident. I mean, you don't just change your personality to the complete oposite, even if something like that happens. You might think before doing, but there's no way you'd just become that...heroic*

*this isn't a good thing. a hero would see a world destroyed, just to stay a few minutes with a friend/familymember who is certain to die and who tells you to go save everyone else
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Lannister left with only Jaime and Tyrion

Tully with Edmure and his wife

Bye bye baratheon of king's landing

Aegon new king together with Daenerys

Littlefinger will die

Boltons and Freys wipe out, I'm hoping that when The Others arrive, they will destroy the Twins

Dorne will help the Dragons and get their revenge against Lannisters

Tyrells will keep they power and Margeary will marry another "King"

Greyjoys (whatever is that spelled) will get back to their islands