Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

Default Re: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

George R. R. Martin already said how it will end.

"a cloud of dust or snow being driven by the wind across a vast graveyard full of tombstones. "

Mount Suribachi's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeÁvila View Post
    i think jon snow is the 3th targaryen ... rhaegar said in a dannys vision "The Dragon has three heads, there must be one more" that one more could be jon just saynng
    I think most people think it will be Dany + Jon + A.N.Other, just who that 3rd one will be is up for debate, as many think young "Aegon" is a fake, and I'm inclined to agree.
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

I think the last chapter of jon when he is attacked by marsh and wick is a bit strange... it seems that they not want to attack him..
    ''his hands upraised as if to say, Not me, it was not me.'' - Wick
    Then Bowen Marsh stood there before him, tears running down his cheeks. - Marsh

And i believe aegon is real after all another targaryen in the novels will be too much for now
    and dany will marry jon and aegon - sansa
    Last edited by FelipeÁvila; September 17, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

I'm not sure about young Aegon being a fake. Come on, how many people have purple eyes and silver hair? It's so rare that Aegon had to dye his hair blue so people didn't accuse him of being a Targaryen.

Also Jon Connington shows no sign in his POV that Aegon is a fake. So at the very least, Varys had to find a babe that was the perfect age with purple eyes and silver hair that no one else had known about at least a few months before smuggling "Aegon" to Jon Connington as Jon Connington received Aegon as a babe shortly after being exiled. Also, if Varys was confiding in Kevan before killing him it would appear he meant to tell the truth just because he could. Why lie if you don't expect any of it to leave the room anyway? Varys didn't even hint at Aegon as being a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeÁvila View Post
    I think the last chapter of jon when he is attacked by marsh and wick is a bit strange... it seems that they not want to attack him..
    ''his hands upraised as if to say, Not me, it was not me.'' - Wick
    Then Bowen Marsh stood there before him, tears running down his cheeks. - Marsh
    Thats because they didn't want to attack him! But they felt they had to because he had betrayed his vows and was dragging the NW into the squabbles of men.

I'm not sure about young Aegon being a fake. Come on, how many people have purple eyes and silver hair? It's so rare that Aegon had to dye his hair blue so people didn't accuse him of being a Targaryen.

Also Jon Connington shows no sign in his POV that Aegon is a fake. So at the very least, Varys had to find a babe that was the perfect age with purple eyes and silver hair that no one else had known about at least a few months before smuggling "Aegon" to Jon Connington as Jon Connington received Aegon as a babe shortly after being exiled. Also, if Varys was confiding in Kevan before killing him it would appear he meant to tell the truth just because he could. Why lie if you don't expect any of it to leave the room anyway? Varys didn't even hint at Aegon as being a fake.
    I see your point, but has anyone seen young Aegon *without* his hair dyed? Or has it always been dyed blue? Of course the counter to your points, are the 2 separate prophecies - The one Dany sees in the HOTU of the paper dragon on poles being cheered by the crowds, then the warning to "beware the mummers dragon"
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Suribachi View Post
    I see your point, but has anyone seen young Aegon *without* his hair dyed? Or has it always been dyed blue? Of course the counter to your points, are the 2 separate prophecies - The one Dany sees in the HOTU of the paper dragon on poles being cheered by the crowds, then the warning to "beware the mummers dragon"
    I think when he lands in the Stormlands his hair is silver. I'd have to reread the chapter though to be sure, but it would be a pretty big oversight on Varys' part if Aegon didn't even have silver hair.

As for the prophecies, that would fit with Aegon (if he became popular and started winning the war) very well. Though I don't like to put stock in prophecies. They can be interpreted in so many ways. For instance the Baratheon's could be considered mummer's dragons because Robert took the throne under the claim that he was descended from one of Aegon I's bastards. Kind of like someone pretending to be a Targaryen or "dragon". And if Tommen is considered to be descended from Robert then Tommen could be that mummer's dragon.

Euron/Victarian might have someone blow their magic horn to bind Dany's dragons to them. That could certainly work because they're less real dragons and more dragons that can be controlled, like paper dragons on polls.

Though I would never say this somehow proves that Aegon is really a Targaryen or anything. I feel like it's one of those things that can't really be proven or dis-proven, yet. Like the Lyanna/Rhaegar theory.

Hmm, I think you're reaching a bit with the mummers dragon bit. Perhaps a more feasible interpretation if Aegon is real, is that the mummer is Varys, and Aegon is his dragon (who Dany must beware), as opposed the "dragon is a mummer" ie false, way of looking at it.

Although R+L=J hasn't been proved, I'm becoming more and more convinced as I re-read that it is true. How many people who have read the book will have picked up on that? 1%? Its only through coming on forums like this that I've seen the theory and thought about it, and its for the likes of us that GRRM throws those clues in.

But never forget *points at sig*

The Spaniard's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Suribachi View Post
    Hmm, I think you're reaching a bit with the mummers dragon bit. Perhaps a more feasible interpretation if Aegon is real, is that the mummer is Varys, and Aegon is his dragon (who Dany must beware), as opposed the "dragon is a mummer" ie false, way of looking at it.

Although R+L=J hasn't been proved, I'm becoming more and more convinced as I re-read that it is true. How many people who have read the book will have picked up on that? 1%? Its only through coming on forums like this that I've seen the theory and thought about it, and its for the likes of us that GRRM throws those clues in.

But never forget *points at sig*
    I have seen, and now believe it a little more after re-reading the books.

On a side note, which of the great houses do you see becoming extinct by the end of the series? The Arryn's are looking to go the way of the Dodo. I hope the Baratheons stay alive. If Stannis dies who is left, Shireen?

bolton will be extinct if rickon comes i think,
    baratheons has good chance but i hope not,
    Lannister will be extinct or Tyrion will be the head of the house,
    Tyrels will keep up,
    Martell will keep up,
    Frey propably will keep up because they have a lot of guys,
    Arryn i dont know
    Tully, man i believe it will return,

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

The Lannisters won't die off, at best they will become a lesser house thanks to the fact that they have smaller cadet branches.

The Arryns have a cadet branch of merchants but the main line of the great house is as good as gone.

The Freys depends if the North will go back for vengeance on them or not. Are there any reasonable or good Freys in the family, or are they all just as rotten?

House Baratheon could only survive if Stannis takes the throne (because he won't bend the knee to anyone) or the one that takes the Throne places one of Roberts bastards as an official family member (though it's a small chance that Aegon will give the Stormlands back to the Baratheons instead of handing them over to Connington for his service).

House Stark is still to make it's comeback. Sansa gets a new family name when marrying so House Stark remains only in blood not name. Rickon is the only chance they have now.

Tully depends on what happens to Edmure and if he can keep his children away form the Freys of Riverrun.

The Tyrells might get some trouble after joining with the Lannisters if they lose the throne, but they too have smaller branches.

The Martells have yet to take up arms and of such are in no real trouble now. In the worst scenario they join Aegon who dies and they go right back to being an independent kingdom because of the difficulty to invade Dorne.

The Greyjoys are in a poor state too. Euron is childless, Victarion is childless, Theon is in Stannis' chains waiting execution, and Asha is a prisoner and an exile thanks to Euron.

If you think about it for a moment, it looks kind of bleak for most houses. In the end there will be several new great houses.
    Last edited by Prophet1331; September 19, 2012 at 05:15 AM.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Connington is dying in greyscale and he's childless afaik, so he ain't going to get the Stormlands.

There are also lesser branches of Greyjoy, at least one was mentioned in the chapter where Asha loses Deepwood Mote
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Forgot about the lesser Greyjoys, my bad. But Aegon doesn't know Jon is dying of Greyscale, and I doubt Jon will tell him anytime soon (It wouldn't surprise me if Jon gives Greyscale to Aegon by accident and kills Rhaegal's son with his foolishness). It could happen that Aegon gives Jon the lands and then Jon dies passing the lands to some other Connington.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Once again you're all thinking like summer children....kings will starve to death in their castles, even as swineherds in their hovels.... It won't be a case of great houses, it will be a case of survivors. Right now the Tyrells and the Martells are the only ones who aren't decimated by war + winter, and actually have food. Of course, that could all change as the winter creeps south, refugees creep south, and when Dany/Aegon/Tyrion return with their armies.

The Freys depends if the North will go back for vengeance on them or not. Are there any reasonable or good Freys in the family, or are they all just as rotten?
    Big Walder seems a decent sort. Far more courteous and noble than that Little Walder. Of course BW may also have killed LW to begin the Great Frey Fracticide (GFF).

The true irony is that if they had worked together they would've had easily enough men to beat the Others. But instead they wasted themselves on each other and now, "Winter is coming, and Gods help us all if we're not ready." -Maester Aemon

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Noone except the Nights Watch knew or believed there was such a thing as Others, except maybe Tyrion. Say you're the king in a huge kingdom, and a group of thieves, murderers and rapers ask you to send all your armies to them. Would you?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Have no idea on how it will end , Martin is far too unpredictable for that but its certainly going to evolve some kind of twist featuring Rhllor, the Others and etc. Evil monsters who want to kill everyone attacking the kingdom and in the end defeated in a battle by dragons and then everyone living happy forever after is too overdone for Martin. And it is certainly going to be bittersweet. Jeyne Poole for exemple. If Ramsay and Roose die she is the lady of Dreadfort.and the poor steward's daughter always wanted to be a Lady. But see what its taken for her to achieve that. That kind of bittersweet....
    . Silver hair is common in Lys and just as purple eyes can look blue, blue eyes can look purple. Remember that Illyrio's loved and deceased wife was from Lys,and Tyrion notices that Illyrio was "strangely sad" when talking about Aegon..
    Forgot about the lesser Greyjoys, my bad. But Aegon doesn't know Jon is dying of Greyscale, and I doubt Jon will tell him anytime soon (It wouldn't surprise me if Jon gives Greyscale to Aegon by accident and kills Rhaegal's son with his foolishness). It could happen that Aegon gives Jon the lands and then Jon dies passing the lands to some other Connington.
    If Aegon is truly a Targ that risk is non existant since they are immune to diseases. Btw, is greyscale in some way connected to the Others?
    Last edited by beckyolt; September 20, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Silver hair is common in Lys and just as purple eyes can look blue, blue eyes can look purple. Remember that Illyrio's loved and deceased wife was from Lys,and Tyrion notices that Illyrio was "strangely sad" when talking about Aegon.. If Aegon is truly a Targ that risk is non existant since they are immune to diseases. Btw, is greyscale in some way connected to the Others?
    That statement is false, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...pring_Sickness
    a lot of Targaryens died in this plague, including the King.

Some say that the last Dany chapter may hint that she is sick as well from her walk among the infected. That she claims to be immune to the disease is ridiculous imo.

Right just thought I'd say a few things: Let's face it Tyrion WILL survive, he's been through too much at this point, it seems pretty likely he will become the Patriarch of House Lannister unless say Stannis takes over. Jaimes kingsguard and his future's looking a little bleak with Brienne leading him off, although saying that if he survives I assume there might be a romance there.

Cersi is older than both her brothers and with the way the Jaime paragrpahs are going and his metamorphosis into less of a dick and the fact he's falling out leads me to think he'll kill her, as I picture it with his golden hand for just that extra little touch. She's a psycho who will not survive.

Rickon, in most senarios will survive. Stannis needs him : He lives. Dany is "Compassionate" so will spare him to be warden instead of the ones backing the throne - boltons. Aegon, not so sure haha but if Jon's one of the three dragons he'll be safe.

Also Sandor seems likely to still be alive. Re read the chapter at the island monastery (Don't correct plz, that's what it is haha...), someone through out the idea that he will be the Seven's champion against his reanimated brother, "Robert" Should I say! It would be nice to see but unlikely, he is still alive though I bet.

Sorry for this being rambling but just a few thoughts Let's hope this all doesn't get picked apart right away...

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    The Lannisters won't die off, at best they will become a lesser house thanks to the fact that they have smaller cadet branches.

The Arryns have a cadet branch of merchants but the main line of the great house is as good as gone.

House Baratheon could only survive if Stannis takes the throne (because he won't bend the knee to anyone) or the one that takes the Throne places one of Roberts bastards as an official family member (though it's a small chance that Aegon will give the Stormlands back to the Baratheons instead of handing them over to Connington for his service).

House Stark is still to make it's comeback. Sansa gets a new family name when marrying so House Stark remains only in blood not name. Rickon is the only chance they have now.

Tully depends on what happens to Edmure and if he can keep his children away form the Freys of Riverrun.

The Tyrells might get some trouble after joining with the Lannisters if they lose the throne, but they too have smaller branches.

The Martells have yet to take up arms and of such are in no real trouble now. In the worst scenario they join Aegon who dies and they go right back to being an independent kingdom because of the difficulty to invade Dorne.

The Greyjoys are in a poor state too. Euron is childless, Victarion is childless, Theon is in Stannis' chains waiting execution, and Asha is a prisoner and an exile thanks to Euron. The frey's will fall though.

If you think about it for a moment, it looks kind of bleak for most houses. In the end there will be several new great houses.
    The good frey's - the ones who like Robb are sent away before the massacre, Olyvar's 18 and with other memebers dropping left, right and center he might even have a chance

Theon might have been neutuerd unfortunately in any case :p and I think there are cadets of the Greyjoys, well relatives. Asha's line will be ok, Victarion's ok and Euron has a couple of Bastards.

Tully's will come back, I doubt he will be killed in Lannister hands and the Frey's are not likely to go against them, plus the blackfish !

TheDude117's Avatar Foederatus
    Albany, New York, United States of America

It will end with George R.R. Martin on the Iron Throne of Westeros, surrounded by all the corpses of all the characters from A Song of Ice and Fire, cause he loves killing characters but seriously I have no clue, as GRRM works in mysterious ways!!!