Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    A question for all Dany fans (no hate just a question about the future of Westeros). The prophecies of the Thirteen were all things that happened or will happen told in a metaphorical way or are things that might or might not happen included ?

If so could the Dany vision from the show with snow falling in King's Landing and the throne room destroyed be the future of Westeros ?

GRRM said he wanted a bittersweet ending. The others come in and kill all who remain in Westeros (starks, freys, tyrells, everyone except for Bran and those who are in Essos or make it there) and then are destroyed with dragons or in some other way leaving Westeros uninhabitable in a snowy version of Valyria.
    It also showed visions of things that had happened before and of things that could have happened if certain events had happen differently (it showed her son as a great warrior even though he was dead)

It may have been showing a past winter, showing what happens if she does not take her dragons there to defeat the Others there or showing somehing that will happen if she does go there.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

It will end as it was always meant to. In darkness.
    The Long Night is coming...

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

For the ending of all ending's i always had in mind something along the line's of the following. (Keep in mind this is basic, totally off the top of my head and will most likely contain a ton of plot holes... enjoy )

The Wall is taken or destroyed by the white walker army's leaving what little is left of The Nights Watch fleeing for Winterfell (Now under control of Stannis and the Stark loyalist's)

Last Hearth and Karhold (Almost totally undefended) are destroyed by the Walkers, adding to their numbers.

Rickon Stark, The Lone Wolf is found by Davos Seaworth on the island of Skagos and is setting sail for White Harbor.

The Dreadfort is attacked by the walker's horde (Buying the defenders of Winterfell time to ready themselves, and get the woman and children out)

The Battle of Winterfell shortly takes place lasting long night's, with heavy lose's on the side of the living. Stannis Baratheon Die's in the Battle, alongside Mors Umber and a fair number of men... both Stannis & Stark Loyalist's. Jon Snow (Free from his Oath to The Nights Watch after coming back from the dead) Grab's Lightbringer from the fallen Stannis and retreats back with the remaining force's via the old tunnels left behind by the Lord's of Winterfell.

Rickon Stark and Davos Seaworth land in White Harbor around the time of The Battle of Winterfell, and hear of the situation at Winterfell from the Woman and Children that fled the city.

The remaining force's from Winterfell now under the command of Jon Snow march south to Moat Cailin, sending outriders ahead to White Harbor and Barrowtown with orders to abandon the city(s) and join with Jons remaining host. Jon's men arrive at Moat Cailin to find it a ghost town... with only the body's of 50-60 skin-less men, on pikes along the road... what ever bolton defence that were set up after the ironborn were "delt with" are long gone.

With king Stannis Dead and the city of White Harbor in a utter state of fear, with most of its people fleeing... and some refusing to leave their home's... theft, murder and rape was the main stage on the city's streets. Davos take's Rickon Stark out of the city on a ship, heading for Jon Snow's host.... and the only hope for life left in The North.

With Jon's men hold up at Moat Cailin, they knew the walker horde would be attacking the rest of the north by now... it was a grim thing but Jon knew he could do nothing, and the longer the walkers took on other northern towns the longer he and his men lived. He stood on the front gates of the Moat with two swords in hand... one was the sword the old bear had given him so long ago, and one was LightBringer... a sword that seemed almost part of him in a way... before he could think to deeply on this a horn sounded.

Rickon Stark had not seen his bastard brother in what seemed like a life time... he was only a child the last time he set foot in the walls of winterfell. But his time alone on Skagos had changed his soul in more ways than one, he was still young yet more like the stark kings of old than his farther or brothers.

Rickon Stark stood as hope for all the northern loyalist's... Jon talks Rickon out of utter Revenge for his Familys deaths, Jon stating "They are his family to" talks him down and agree to ask the dragon for help... after all this is not an enemy they can fight alone.

The South has had its own problems with the return of House Targaryen, Prince Aegon's followers taking control of The Stormlands and the Dragon Princess landing on Dragonstone with her 3 Dragons... Flying to Kings Landing and Burning The Red Keep to the Ground... The other great house's of The South soon bent the knee without a fight, Martell and Tryell turning first... Lannister (Now under the Lordship of Jamie, Goldhand) joined shortly after. Danny was slow to trust the letter from The North... but what happened next was all the proof she needed.

With the letter sent, any hope the northern force's had left went with it... with no hope of standing their own vs the walkers host (not HUGE due to the stacking of almost all The North) Jon and Rickon leave the sick and the wounded along with anyone that would stay behind to hold back the horde... and went south, the dragon would believe them or they would all die.

Danny got word of the northern force's and marched her army north into The Riverlands, joining up with her new Wardens along the way. Riding on her dragon they knew why they bend the knee to their new queen... meeting with Jon, Rickon and what remained of the northern lord-ship. danny would have turned them away or utterly killed them if not for the words of Howland Reed.

Daenerys Targaryen, Aegon Targaryen... and the third head of the dragon Jon Targaryen stood on the last field of battle with Lightbringer in hand... and the combined force's of The North and The South at their backs. In the mist ahead of them countless numbers of the dead slowly marched to them. Winter was here... and The Song of Ice and Fire was about to be sung.

(Overall the HUGE fight for the right to live is what i hope to see... The North and The South forgetting the past and joining force's under the threat of total destruction, putting it all on the line for the one LAST hope for life)

P.S Anyone know what would happen if the Others found a dead dragon, and could they control an un-dead dragon this time around, seeing as the last "Long Night" there was no dragons. Would be cool but a little overpowered?

Right let the savage picking apart of your theory begin: I'll start by saying it's a nice idea but not going to happen. That's too fairy tale ending to happen in this series. There's a magic which holds the whitewalkers North of the wall I'll think you'll find like Benjen Stark, A la "Coldhands" says, although they could have the Horn of Jornum or some doubly diabolic magic, I'm doubtful. it will happen at the wall. :L

Stannis doesn't have lightbringer also. But I still think he has a good chance of being Azhor Azhai (Or however you spell it) as the Baratheons might be Targrayen Bastards - I still think he might die against the Boltons although I really wish he doesn't. Moat Cailin is not defensive from the North, Winterfell would be better and is it really in Jon snow's character to doom literally the whole North when he tried to save the wildlings at hardhome? And when would he get the time to write a reliable letter and why would anyone believe it? Especially with the chaos of a double Targaryen landing with the Ironborn and Martells fighing the Tyrells... Jaime will probably die too. Tyrion is going to luck his way into being the Patriarch of the Lannisters, obviously. The Vale is the best hope of doing something with their manpower and we all know who's running that place...

I can see Dany becoming Queen but I hate that idea. If the end is to be "bittersweet" as GRRM said then I bet she'll sacrifice herself (She believes she can't have kids or cares too much for her people or some bull) and probably the Dragons ridding the world of the Magic, leaving good old Stannis to clean up. At least one Dragon will die I expect, the Maesters are up to no good.

Sorry for this rambling just thought I'd throw some ideas out too.

Right let the savage picking apart of your theory begin: I'll start by saying it's a nice idea but not going to happen. That's too fairy tale ending to happen in this series. There's a magic which holds the whitewalkers North of the wall I'll think you'll find like Benjen Stark, A la "Coldhands" says, although they could have the Horn of Jornum or some doubly diabolic magic, I'm doubtful. it will happen at the wall.

Stannis doesn't have lightbringer also. But I still think he has a good chance of being Azhor Azhai (Or however you spell it) as the Baratheons might be Targrayen Bastards - I still think he might die against the Boltons although I really wish he doesn't, I get that Boltons are sadistic but faking a letter like that?

Moat Cailin is not defensive from the North, Winterfell would be better and is it really in Jon snow's character to doom literally the whole North when he tried to save the wildlings at hardhome? And when would he get the time to write a reliable letter and why would anyone believe it? Daenery's is too busy reestablishing order to care. Especially with the chaos of a double Targaryen landing with the Ironborn and Martells fighing the Tyrells... Jaime will probably die too. Tyrion is going to luck his way into being the Patriarch of the Lannisters, obviously. The Vale is the best hope of doing something with their manpower and we all know who's running that place...

I can see Dany becoming Queen but I hate that idea. If the end is to be "bittersweet" as GRRM said then I bet she'll sacrifice herself (She believes she can't have kids or cares too much for her people or some bull) and probably the Dragons ridding the world of the Magic, leaving good old Stannis to clean up. At least one Dragon will die I expect, the Maesters are up to no good.

It'll probably have at least one point where it ends in a huge climatic battle with all of the groups having to join forces, I read a book once where something similar happend. A three ish way battle turned into a huge last stand by all the groups involved against the "Great actual evil magic guys" like this. It's the Night angel trilogy.

Sorry for this rambling just thought I'd throw some ideas out too.

A question for all Dany fans (no hate just a question about the future of Westeros). The prophecies of the Thirteen were all things that happened or will happen told in a metaphorical way or are things that might or might not happen included ?

If so could the Dany vision from the show with snow falling in King's Landing and the throne room destroyed be the future of Westeros ?

GRRM said he wanted a bittersweet ending. The others come in and kill all who remain in Westeros (starks, freys, tyrells, everyone except for Bran and those who are in Essos or make it there) and then are destroyed with dragons or in some other way leaving Westeros uninhabitable in a snowy version of Valyria.
    This , But I Think that the Snowy version of the Iron Throne refers to the White Walkers after they have destroy much of Westeros.

Mount Suribachi's Avatar Ordinarius

That's how I've always interpreted it - either Dany gets the throne but she's queen of a frigid wasteland, or no-one gets the throne cos the whole of westeros has been turned into a frigid wasteland.

Right now Westeros is screwed. The first snows are falling in Kings Landing and Westeros. Jaime reflects on how no food has been planted or stored up for winter because everyone has been too busy fighting and burning and pillaging. Most of the north and the riverlands are already desolate, depopulated wastelands. The Reach is being raided by the Ironborn, only Dorne is so far untouched by the war - until Griff/Aegon and Dany arrive

There's a magic which holds the whitewalkers North of the wall I'll think you'll find like Benjen Stark, A la "Coldhands" says, although they could have the Horn of Jornum or some doubly diabolic magic
    There is a magic that stops the dead from passing the wall, but (I forget the exact words) "only as long as the Nights Watch stands". Well, right now there's less than 500 of them left, and when we left them it was all about to kick off between them, the Wildings and Stannis's/Mel's troops and the NW is outnumbered at least 10 to 1 by the wildings. And lets be honest, The Others have to get past the Wall otherwise its not going to be much of a story is it? Horde of undead march south, get to big wall, can't get over it, round it or through it. Horde of undead go home.

Oh, and lest we forget, The Others are at the Wall right now. Remember Jon Snows last thoughts? Why was it so cold? Every single time The Others appear, someone comments on how it had suddenly gone cold, AGOT prologue, Jon in Castle Black saving the Old Bear, ASOS prologue......

I'm telling y'all, TWOW is going to be a frozen zombie apocolypse
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Suribachi View Post
    Oh, and lest we forget, The Others are at the Wall right now. Remember Jon Snows last thoughts? Why was it so cold? Every single time The Others appear, someone comments on how it had suddenly gone cold, AGOT prologue, Jon in Castle Black saving the Old Bear, ASOS prologue......

I'm telling y'all, TWOW is going to be a frozen zombie apocolypse
    One thing that made me curious about the Others was the letter Jon received from the ships sent to rescue whatever wildlings remained. They said something about things in the water, which I imagined as some undead kraken or something. The wights still retain some memories of their former lives so they might still know how to sail a ship and the Bridge of Skulls place on the western part of the wall could basically allow passage into the north if you overwhelm the defenders and it's stated that the Wall keeps the others out not the bordere.

So Others already in Westeros doesn't sound so far fetched.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

wait did they ever say what happened to the targeryan dragons besides that they are all dead and that there is a skeloton of one in the cellars of the redkeep? If so let the dragons be reborn as white flyers they can dish it out with danies dragons then epic battle on ground as well as in air
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Since the worst possible thing always tends to happen I think this will: Jon will get resurrected, save the world, marry some hot chick and rule Westeros happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Patriarch View Post
    Right let the savage picking apart of your theory begin
    My * Theory* is really just me dreaming, its full of plot holes and not what i think's REALLY going to happen.

Main Things i would love to see are The HUGE battle with the remaining force's of westeros after the white walkers destroy kingslanding (like in danny's dream thing) Danny then Lands with her dragons and turns the fight around (At least 1 Needs to Die i agree) Jon Snow leading the Westeros Force with Lightbringer and Marrying Danny (Or she die's fighting the walkers on the back of the dead dragon).... Ruling the 7Kingdoms and burning all The White Walkers. (Also White Flyers as somebody point my Idea, Undead Flying Dragon's!)

But thing's never turn out so happy for character's you love when it comes to A Song of Ice and Fire.

Let the epic battle of good vs evil begin!

As I said, the white walkers will invade,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    resurrect joffrey,
    and he will become king again and everyone will be his oppressed subjects.

You're over reading there, Suribachi. He was going cold because he was, you know, being stabbed to death. You've never heard of a dying man going cold?

The thing about the order is interesting. Say if the Oath they take is a spell? Of course more likely the Order doesn't need to be "Alive" for it to work and you mean the Nights watch at Castle Black are most likely dead. Others remain. The wall is the best place to hold the whitewalkers as the men killed cannot come back as zombies.

I have a new theory: LUTHOR BRUNE. I was reading one of the later books the other day and the Name came up, it looked familiar but I thought nothing of it. I then read one of the earlier books,THERE HE IS AGAIN. He's one of the most recurring characters in the books. Coincidence? I think not, he's probably in league with Littlefinger. Watch as Luthor Brune slays the Dragons and ascends the Throne defeating the whitewalkers with his plan he spent a decade making, he's probably off somewhere now...reading this...

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Uhm, Lothor Brune is with Alayne, Lil'finga and Sweetrobin in the Vale atm. One pretty much knows everything about him after book 4 afaik.

I think Ned Stark will come back to life somehow, or even never died at all. With most other characters that die it's the character's own POV, but with Neddy it was Arya who saw it all. Might be it wasn't really Ned who was beheaded?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Uhm, Lothor Brune is with Alayne, Lil'finga and Sweetrobin in the Vale atm. One pretty much knows everything about him after book 4 afaik.

I think Ned Stark will come back to life somehow, or even never died at all. With most other characters that die it's the character's own POV, but with Neddy it was Arya who saw it all. Might be it wasn't really Ned who was beheaded?
    Interesting. Maybe Ned refused Varys' offer so they beheaded a "fake" in order to prevent the war and real Ned is still in the black cells? Wait, I've got one better! Ned is actually Robert Strong!

I now know the deal with Luthor, thank you kind sir. Mystery solved. There's a lot to remember about these books.

I thought Eddard might have survived earlier on but if he had he'd have surfaced by now.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Varys smuggled Ned as prisoner to the free cities where he will stay untill the Targaryans reclaim Westeros and they need a warden of the north again.

I hope, I hope I am right but I don't think so

Mount Suribachi's Avatar Ordinarius

One thing that made me curious about the Others was the letter Jon received from the ships sent to rescue whatever wildlings remained. They said something about things in the water, which I imagined as some undead kraken or something. The wights still retain some memories of their former lives so they might still know how to sail a ship and the Bridge of Skulls place on the western part of the wall could basically allow passage into the north if you overwhelm the defenders and it's stated that the Wall keeps the others out not the bordere.

So Others already in Westeros doesn't sound so far fetched.
    Of course, the other alternative is that the sea freezes and The Others simply walk round the wall

You're over reading there, Suribachi. He was going cold because he was, you know, being stabbed to death. You've never heard of a dying man going cold?
    Of course, he could be cold through loss of blood (eg King Robert complaining of the cold before he dies), but is it a coincidence that every single time The Others appear, someone complains its gone really cold? I'm pretty confident we'll hear 3 long blasts early on in TWOW
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

I'm not... Because that's moronic... It's more likely he goes cold because he's getting stabbed to death and fell in some snow bearing in mind he standing within a few hundred metres of a huge wall of Ice . That's like going Bronze Yohn has "Magic" armor so it probably really is magic and helps fight the others. You're reading into it too much, it simply is him going cold.

Of course if you're right then...well, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Interesting. Maybe Ned refused Varys' offer so they beheaded a "fake" in order to prevent the war and real Ned is still in the black cells? Wait, I've got one better! Ned is actually Robert Strong!
    I know HBO and the books shouldn't be compared, but Ned himself is beheaded in King's Landing in the HBO series. You can see his face and everything, I know HBO has its own take on things but thats a big thing and I don't think they'd mess it up. If they wanted a fake beheading for HBO then A) cut out the tongue of the replacement and put a hood over his head and dress him Ned's clothes or B) The actor that played Faramir should've been hired as a plausible replacement I don't quite remember what the book's description is of Ned's death, so if I'm wrong on the book someone plz let me know.