Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

This is my idea of what might happen in the next few books...(I will do other houses like the Tagaryens later on)

House Stark
    Will once again rule the north -Every noble house except the Barrowtons supports them and will desert the Boltons immediately if there is news of a male Stark heir. The Starks are supported by King Stannis and he has a large army with him. After they are deserted by the Northeners the Boltons will only have a small army in comparison to the Starks. The Lannisters will not be able to help them since they are occupied with besieging Storms End and trying to finish conquering the Riverlands. With the Barrowtons and Freys as their only allies the Boltons will not be able to defeat the *Starks and Stannis. Even if Ramsays letter to Jon is true and Stannis is dead and his army beaten then the Stark loyalists should still be able of winning against the Boltons. The only hope for the Boltons is that the Starks will loose their army to winter....

House Lannister
    Will lose everything- Tyrion is attacking Casterly Rock with the Second Sons and due to the small garrison left behind he will succeed in taking it. The Westerland Nobles will not swear fealty to a dwarf (Tyrion) and revolt causing a war in the Westerlands. This in turn will lead the Lannisters of Kings Landing to move their troops away from the Riverlands to take back Casterly Rock.Once the North has fallen King Stannis and a Stark army will march south to take the now undefended Riverlands(if Stannis is dead this may or may not happen depending on whether Bran or Rickon want to take the Riverlands and restore them to their uncle Edmure Tully or Brynden the Blackfish). The Martells will side against them and ally themselves with Aegon. It is unlikely that if House Tyrell is given the option of going over to Aegon that they will stay loyal to the Lannisters. Aegon will take the Stormlands. The only hope for the Lannisters is that the Boltons succeed in holding the North and that the Tyrells remain loyal...

House Arryn*
    Once Sansa is married to Harrold and Robert is dead Harrold will join the fighting to retake the North in the name of the Starks. If the North is already taken by the Starks he will probably ally himself with them and march on:*

1. The Riverlands to liberate them for the Tullys(unlikely since they are under Lord *Baelish control)

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

With cake
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    With mouldy cake
    Edited
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

2. Stay in the Vale and defend it

3. (If Stannis is alive) Swear fealty to Stannis and march on Kings Landing with him and the Starks. This is likely although it might create problems for Baelish since he pretends to be allied to the Lannisters and may be executed by Stannis...

It remains open what will happen in the Vale since it depends on uncertain factors like the Starks taking the North...

Too much happy endings,and we all know how much G.M. loves happy endings.If you know what I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Fürst Frederic View Post
    House Stark
    Will once again rule the north -Every noble house except the Barrowtons supports them and will desert
    I suspect Lady Dustin of House Dustin is merely faking her Stark-hate (though her being upset about Brandon might be true).

House Arryn*
    Once Sansa is married to Harrold and Robert is dead
    Unlikely. LF said he wants to have Sansa marry Harry the Heir - then again, LF wants Sansa, and Harry would be an obstacle to that, don't you think

Harry's days might be counted... He'll last not a lot after marrying Sansa.

And I have my hopes that Sansa might save Sweet Robin, and hopefully help him turn out slightly better. My hopes might be disappointed, of course.
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelessly Hopeless View Post
    Unlikely. LF said he wants to have Sansa marry Harry the Heir - then again, LF wants Sansa, and Harry would be an obstacle to that, don't you think
    Oh he wants that all right. And after Harry and Sansa get a son Harry will die in a hunting accident and LF will marry Catelyn Sansa.

Yes I know the starks get a happy ending but if Rickon is found and the other Northeners know then they are not going to remain loyal to the Boltons are they? And it is true that the Boltons would not have many allies left...

Yeah sry about the barrowton/Dustin mix up...

That sounds logical and a lot like LF... But If he marries Sansa the Lannisters will attack him/the Eyrie/the Riverlands

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I really don't think Tyrion will have any trouble gaining control of the Westerlands if he succedes to reach Westeros! Of course Cersei will despice it but likley she is as dead as King Robert while that happens... at least if I get to choose. I think there is some sort of love betwen Jamie and Tyrion and therefore Jamie will have no problem giving his birthright away since he has got some new perspective on life after loosing his swordhand, he only has one concern if he manage to avoid being killed by Lady Stonehart and that is securing the life of his two children. Surely Tyrion would not mind keeping them safe within the Rock?
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

But do you think that the Lords of the Westerlands would obey Tyrion as a liege lord(they think he killed the rightful king and his own father)

But do you think that the Lords of the Westerlands would obey Tyrion as a liege lord(they think he killed the rightful king and his own father)
    Problably not but the Westerlands drained down to every single levy soldier exept the ones that lay siege to Rivverun and Raventree Hall, also since they are under the command of Jamie they will likley not be of trouble.

If Tyrion lands in Westeros it would however be in the Stormlands were Aegon have allready landed and taken key-settlements, by that time the Martells should have started deploying troops to attack the Reach and southern stormlands.

Also is it not likley that Lannisport and Castely Rock, Faircastle, Kayce etc will be under the controll of Euron Crow's Eye by the time Tyrion arrives?

Yes but isnt Tyrion sort of on a friendly basis with Aegon? So couldn't it also be that Tyrion offers to help Aegon as long as he gets the Lordship over Casterly Rock?

Was Euron going to invade the Westerlands? Don't remember much about the Ironborn since I tend to skip their chapters....

Was Euron going to invade the Westerlands? Don't remember much about the Ironborn since I tend to skip their chapters....
    Then you tend to skip some of the best chapters in my opinion

They have started to raid the Shield islands that guards the mander (near Highgarden) biggest river of the Reach and will surely keep on doing so until resistance is meet. Also I think someone in Oldtown mentions to Samwell that Lord Hightower of Oldtown have managed to fight back some raiders along the coast.

I think that Lannisport would be a easier target however.

Ok I'll have to look that up but like I said I think if Tyrion swore fealty to Aegon I don't think he would have a problem with him...

Mount Suribachi's Avatar Ordinarius

This is my idea of what might happen in the next few books...(I will do other houses like the Tagaryens later on)

House Stark
    Will once again rule the north -Every noble house except the Barrowtons supports them and will desert the Boltons immediately if there is news of a male Stark heir. The Starks are supported by King Stannis and he has a large army with him. After they are deserted by the Northeners the Boltons will only have a small army in comparison to the Starks. The Lannisters will not be able to help them since they are occupied with besieging Storms End and trying to finish conquering the Riverlands. With the Barrowtons and Freys as their only allies the Boltons will not be able to defeat the *Starks and Stannis. Even if Ramsays letter to Jon is true and Stannis is dead and his army beaten then the Stark loyalists should still be able of winning against the Boltons. The only hope for the Boltons is that the Starks will loose their army to winter....

House Lannister
    Will lose everything- Tyrion is attacking Casterly Rock with the Second Sons and due to the small garrison left behind he will succeed in taking it. The Westerland Nobles will not swear fealty to a dwarf (Tyrion) and revolt causing a war in the Westerlands. This in turn will lead the Lannisters of Kings Landing to move their troops away from the Riverlands to take back Casterly Rock.Once the North has fallen King Stannis and a Stark army will march south to take the now undefended Riverlands(if Stannis is dead this may or may not happen depending on whether Bran or Rickon want to take the Riverlands and restore them to their uncle Edmure Tully or Brynden the Blackfish). The Martells will side against them and ally themselves with Aegon. It is unlikely that if House Tyrell is given the option of going over to Aegon that they will stay loyal to the Lannisters. Aegon will take the Stormlands. The only hope for the Lannisters is that the Boltons succeed in holding the North and that the Tyrells remain loyal...

House Arryn*
    Once Sansa is married to Harrold and Robert is dead Harrold will join the fighting to retake the North in the name of the Starks. If the North is already taken by the Starks he will probably ally himself with them and march on:*

1. The Riverlands to liberate them for the Tullys(unlikely since they are under Lord *Baelish control)

My sweet, sweet summer child. Winter is coming, when the snow falls a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. The long night is coming when the sun hides its face for years at a time and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods.

The last long night lasted a generation and kings shivered and died in their castles, even as swineherds in their hovels. Women smothered their children rather than watch them starve and felt their tears freeze on their cheeks.

Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter we must protect one another, share our strengths, keep each other warm. In winter you must hate those who would truly do you harm.
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

A question for all Dany fans (no hate just a question about the future of Westeros). The prophecies of the Thirteen were all things that happened or will happen told in a metaphorical way or are things that might or might not happen included ?

If so could the Dany vision from the show with snow falling in King's Landing and the throne room destroyed be the future of Westeros ?

GRRM said he wanted a bittersweet ending. The others come in and kill all who remain in Westeros (starks, freys, tyrells, everyone except for Bran and those who are in Essos or make it there) and then are destroyed with dragons or in some other way leaving Westeros uninhabitable in a snowy version of Valyria.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    A question for all Dany fans (no hate just a question about the future of Westeros). The prophecies of the Thirteen were all things that happened or will happen told in a metaphorical way or are things that might or might not happen included ?

If so could the Dany vision from the show with snow falling in King's Landing and the throne room destroyed be the future of Westeros ?

GRRM said he wanted a bittersweet ending. The others come in and kill all who remain in Westeros (starks, freys, tyrells, everyone except for Bran and those who are in Essos or make it there) and then are destroyed with dragons or in some other way leaving Westeros uninhabitable in a snowy version of Valyria.
    It also showed visions of things that had happened before and of things that could have happened if certain events had happen differently (it showed her son as a great warrior even though he was dead)

It may have been showing a past winter, showing what happens if she does not take her dragons there to defeat the Others there or showing somehing that will happen if she does go there.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast