Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

Default Re: How will a Song of Ice and Fire end?(Theories)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamme967 View Post
    Daenerys will help defeat the Others with her dragons after which she return to Essos when she realizes that it is her true home.
    i hadn't thought of that. she is always chasing after that house with the red door. isnt it supposed to be in braavos? unless the red keep has a red door, and she's just getting crazy visions.

Default Re: Targaryen Throne Poll (Theres tons of spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by mortem et gloria View Post
    although danny has 3 dragons she can only ever rind 1 which she has now already done.

now we know that at some point the dragons are going to have to join forces with the starks/ north in the final books due to hints made by GRRM and the original name of book 7 which was erased as he believed it gave away parts of his story.

now who will have the other 2

well jon snow is likely to be a targ
    but bran also was promised that he would fly by the 3 eyed crow.........
    and that would then leave aegon if he is really a targ to be able to fly on one.

i personally think the ending will be

jon snow who we pressume was proclaimed king in the north by rob before his death ( so when the lords are released for the twins he will be king ( provided GRRM brings him back to life.) danny will marry jon uniting the north and south as its all going to blow up i also believe that stannis will abdicate his crown when danny or aegon makes a world wide known claim as he never wants to be king he just believes its his duty.
    I think the book will end with the others coming, and killing everybody in westeros becuase the kings (and queens) are to busy fighting eachother.
    "It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Toast View Post
    I think the book will end with the others coming, and killing everybody in westeros becuase the kings (and queens) are to busy fighting eachother.

I cannot see that happening. What a crap ending that will be if it was true. The others will be destroyed by the dragons..

Quote Originally Posted by Tamme967 View Post
    My theory on how this will end:

Jon is Rhaegars and Lyannas child. In the end he will be left as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Sansa will marry Aegon therefore giving Aegon the support of the North, the Vale, the Martells and I foresee the Tyrells changing side as well. Aegon will become the king in the Iron Throne.

Tyrion will become the head of house Lannister and swear fealthy to Aegon.

Bran or Rickon will become the Warden of the North and Tullys will return to Riverlands.

Daenerys will help defeat the Others with her dragons after which she return to Essos when she realizes that it is her true home.

Boltons and Freys will be exterminated.

Stannis refuses to bend his knee and is killed.

The Ironborn are defeated against the might of the unified Kingdoms under Aegon.

Haven't figured it all yet, like Jaime and Cersei. She will likely die but Jaime might survive.
    I thought there were strong hints of that they were brought into this world together and they will leave the world together?

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Certainly the irony in aSoIaF is that the narrow-minded Lords play the Game of Thrones against the far greater threat of the Others and I think we're going to swiftly see all turn to chaos when they invade. Yet as much as I want to see a gaggle of undead march into the Red Keep and make those southerners eat their words about snarks and grumpkins and "Notherners being a suspicious folk", I cannot see them rampaging across Westeros.

That's only something Cersei says to herself while deluding herself that Jaime still loves her unequivocably, IIRC, when she is considering possible champions for her trial. She is ever quick to think of him when she has a use for him and takes him and his affection for granted. Meanwhile, Jaime has figured her out after gaining a little perspective, and is seething with anger at the willful betrayal of the only woman he has ever loved which has apparently been happening for many years unnoticed by him.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

It'll be like Mass Effect 3. Westeros is falling with the lords desperately trying to hold on, someone has to go to Essos and raise an army to retake Westeros. Final fight somewhere like King's Landing between Ice and Fire. Then there's an unsatisfying ending and some sort of theory about it being a dream.

I could be wrong I believe the white walkers went south when they last roamed the land.

Tho regarding the book title a time for wolves it most certainly is regarding the Starks, although their are many view points the main character family are the Starks they have defended the north for 10thousand years its in his blood.

Jon snow will become king he will marry dani and aegon will die in battle wether by Dennis hand or the trellis I am un decided

Quote Originally Posted by Karakoran View Post
    It'll be like Mass Effect 3. Westeros is falling with the lords desperately trying to hold on, someone has to go to Essos and raise an army to retake Westeros. Final fight somewhere like King's Landing between Ice and Fire. Then there's an unsatisfying ending and some sort of theory about it being a dream.
    You have just summed up English history in a nut shell go to France get troops and invade. And we all no 99percent of westeros is based on English history

The red commit is mentioned in thesaxon chronicals
    The crowned stag was Edward the burned castles are in England angles Jutes and Saxons where main invaders

On the topic of how it all ends, why does everyone discount Bran out of hand in their suppositions? Do they assume he is going to become a tree like Brynden? That always seemed to me a means to lengthen the lifespan or maybe even a 'burial' ritual for elderly Children who desire to become closer to the Earth. If it was a signature mark of every greenseer then Brynden would not be the last but every Child he saw similarly entwined would also be one. The greenseers of the Children supposedly smashed the Arm of Dorne in the distant past. The story may not be true at all, but they must surely possess some powers of land and nature. Bloodraven doesn't seem to possess a great deal of power beyond observation (a thousand eyes and one) and dreams but Bran has already shown incredible talent as a beastling especially despite his age, experience level, and intial unwillingness.

Am I the only one who sees Bran having a large effect on the outcome?

I think this might tie into the ending of ASOIAF. Basically, whoever blows the Kraken Horn will have their lungs fill up with water and drown. But Davos is really immune to drowning as we saw after the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Thus he'll be the blower of the Kraken Horn.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Karakoran View Post
    I think this might tie into the ending of ASOIAF. Basically, whoever blows the Kraken Horn will have their lungs fill up with water and drown. But Davos is really immune to drowning as we saw after the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Thus he'll be the blower of the Kraken Horn.
    That was only because he was smart enough not to wear metal armour, and lucky enough to be swept under the flames by the current.

A better candidate for your suggestion is Patchface who has revived after being dead-cold and drowned and whom Melisandre has constant misgivings about. Once, in the height of crackpot delirium, I supposed he might be the Drowned God incarnate, some sort of earthly avatar, or a sleeper agent in his service. But other than his general creepiness and constant "under the sea" quips there is absolutely nothing to support it.

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Stannis abdicating is not so farfetched of an idea down the road, as once he finds out he isn't Azor Ahai and Dany arrives in Westeros as the uber awesome dragon rider queen of unsullied; Stannis might throw in with her after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel Ezekiel View Post
    I cannot see that happening. What a crap ending that will be if it was true. The others will be destroyed by the dragons..
    It may be a crap ending, but Jon and Danny getting married,Danys dragons burning all the others,Westeros is free and saved from the great threat, it all sounds to much like a "fairy tale ending" if you ask me. You and me both know how much Martin dislikes traditional fantasy.
    "It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Robert E. Lee

It may be a crap ending, but Jon and Danny getting married,Danys dragons burning all the others,Westeros is free and saved from the great threat, it all sounds to much like a "fairy tale ending" if you ask me. You and me both know how much Martin dislikes traditional fantasy.
    That's where your wrong he will let us believe. It's a fairy tale but the very last scene Danny or Jon will be killed and it starts all other again

Mount Suribachi's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by deusvult6 View Post
    On the topic of how it all ends, why does everyone discount Bran out of hand in their suppositions? Do they assume he is going to become a tree like Brynden? That always seemed to me a means to lengthen the lifespan or maybe even a 'burial' ritual for elderly Children who desire to become closer to the Earth. If it was a signature mark of every greenseer then Brynden would not be the last but every Child he saw similarly entwined would also be one. The greenseers of the Children supposedly smashed the Arm of Dorne in the distant past. The story may not be true at all, but they must surely possess some powers of land and nature. Bloodraven doesn't seem to possess a great deal of power beyond observation (a thousand eyes and one) and dreams but Bran has already shown incredible talent as a beastling especially despite his age, experience level, and intial unwillingness.

Am I the only one who sees Bran having a large effect on the outcome?
    He's not becoming a tree, he's becoming a god - an Old God. Bloodraven's time is nearly up, Bran is being trained up to replace him. 8 years old and he's already mega-powerful. One source tells us there are "thousands" of Old Gods, Jaqen tells Arya they are "innumerable". Bran is just the latest in a long line.

Yes, he will have a massive impact on the story. We know he can already see into the past - even communicate in the past - through the WeirWoodWeb. We know he can see all around Westeros and communicate all around Westeros through the WWW. Next time you re-read, make note of everything that happens in a weirwood - Bran has the potential to see every one of these, from Ned Starks private prayers, to Jaime telling Ser Ilyn all the details of his affairs with Cersei.

He can already warg wolves, birds and simple minded humans. Fully sentient humans and even dragons are but a step away. For all we know he could even warg Wights and Others.

He's already spoken to Jon through wolf dreams back when he was only just beginning to tap into his power, when he told Jon to open his 3rd eye. No question in my mind that Jon's stabbing (whether just badly wounded or dead and going to be revived) will open Jon's 3rd eye. Arya's opened after she went blind, and crazy little Rickon is more in touch with his wolf than any of them. They are all going to start communicating through the wolf dreams IMO, except for Sansa of course who thanks to her own lies and selfishness is cut off. Stark children - UNITE!
    Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you - Littlefinger

I'd hate if Tommen and Myrcella died. If Tyrion ever becomes lord of RC , I hope he names Tommen his heir and raises him as a son and teaches him to be a good ruler.

I also hope Tyrion meets Tysha, but is rejected.
    Last edited by beckyolt; November 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Vahir's Avatar Miles

OY!

Salt and smoke!

Iron Islands!

Theon is the chosen one! He will save the world and ect.!

Why so many people don't believe Jon is AA? It was a very late reveal in the series - end of the 5th book! - so I guess it's probably true.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp