Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which girl did you Romance in Mass Effect 2 ?

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Which girl did you Romance in Mass Effect 2 ?

Last post was a month ago exactly. Cool. Anyway...(Glances at new avatar, then back to screen.), Tali she's an adorable character and honestly endearing. Ashley was more of a friend in ME1 and Liara...well I never really "got" here as a character. Like attached. Everyone else in the first game I managed to develop a fondness for, especially the Normandy crew. Garrus and Kaidan were like my bros, Tali had a little sister vibe that changed in the second game, Joker was well the joker of the group and funny in an awkward way, Wrex had an..."edge". I never really got Liara. Even when she came onto my character I let her down gently,because the romances weren't that interesting in the first game. Come ME2 she's suddenly the Shadow Broker or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Miranda in all her Ubermensch yet sterile glory.
    Das heil,mein fuhrer.
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cadance View Post

Das heil,mein fuhrer.
    I need to apologize for my earlier comment, I am a proud Anglo-Saxon and regret my earlier use of High German.

Anyways, after my parents fired up Chuck to see if it was something they'd like to watch I saw a familiar face. At first I thought it was a woman who actually looked a bit like Mila Kunis* however I looked more closely and realized who she resembled. Or rather who resembled her. So I'm now going to dedicate a play through of the Mass Effect franchise to Miranda.**

*Yes, I know there isn't really a resemblance. Don't ask. I'm not particularly drooling over her anyways.
    **Especially since I got her killed. I was going for a "I'm not ready to be with you maybe later" sort of thing.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; February 03, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Well. Miranda. Because Yvonne Strahovski.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Well. Miranda. Because Yvonne Strahovski.
    My parents just started watching Chuck and I can't help but see Miranda every time I see Yvonne's Chuck character.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

For me it was the opposite. Because I had seen and been watching Chuck long before Mass Effect 2 came out. So when it did I was like "OMG Sara Walker! MINEMINEMINE"

For me it was the opposite. Because I had seen and been watching Chuck long before Mass Effect 2 came out. So when it did I was like "OMG Sara Walker! MINEMINEMINE"
    Also I can't countenance fraternization, which would be the case with Ashley. At least in ME2 Shepard isn't an officer in the Alliance military.

This time around I'm romancing Liara in ME1, although a human supremacist Shepard seems like an unlikely choice for that but I'm not given many options. After that I will move on to Miranda in ME2.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; February 09, 2014 at 12:20 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Yeah, actually Ashley was one of my other options in a different play through. But I nearly cheated on her with Miranda. I just can't help it.

Yeah, actually Ashley was one of my other options in a different play through. But I nearly cheated on her with Miranda. I just can't help it.
    Even as a renegade "I'll break every rule to accomplish the mission" type character I just can't bring myself to go down that path. Maybe I'll start it and see the dialogue before it gets too hot and heavy.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Miranda

skypoq's Avatar Foederatus

Icon14 Re: Which girl did you Romance in Mass Effect 2 ?

Jack my love

veljus's Avatar Miles

Had some wild moments with jack last time i played... it was sick.
    "They took my fries. I took their lives."

Sometimes I wonder if they should add an option "I'm married" in character creation so your player character can concentrate on the issues at hand with maybe two or three phone calls that everything is/will be/might be fine.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    My parents just started watching Chuck and I can't help but see Miranda every time I see Yvonne's Chuck character.
    You can watch 24.. Her and jack bauer are bad ass together.

Sometimes I wonder if they should add an option "I'm married" in character creation so your player character can concentrate on the issues at hand with maybe two or three phone calls that everything is/will be/might be fine.
    You can always say NO in ME games... Romance archs are totaly optional. Not an option to guys though, we never say no, specialy if had a few beers already but i digress.

Had some wild moments with jack last time i played... it was sick.
    Yeah i did the arch with jack as well... it seemed the most emotional, and interesting in ME2.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 18, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

Libertus

For me, I started playing ME2 after ME3 came out, so I was actually preparing myself for multiple campaigns going into ME3. So, for me, I did multiple campaigns, although, I had 2 main male campaigns.

1st Main Campaign: Ashley (so, no romance?)
    2nd Main Campaign: Miranda (Rather obvious! But funny because I started watching "Chuck" on Netflix at the same time. I almost got Yvonne Strahovski's character names mixed up!)

The two above are my two favorites personally.

3rd Campaign: Liara (Glad I got the Shadow Broker DLC when I bought the game for this one) I never understood the obsession with Liara, even though I really like the color blue!
    4th Campaign: Tali (everyone says she is an excellent romance, so I tried it... it's a good one, if not slightly awkward to make it more interesting)

I did try Jack once, waiting until I got ME3... that was strange. Only try Jack if you're a renegade... makes more sense. Didn't try Samara, although you technically can "try". I'm not even going to touch Morinth.

Thane

Fem Shep best Shep.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I Romance with Liara in ME1, then The Drell in ME2, then Samantha Traynor in ME3 .

Tali.

My pecker said Miranda, but I withstood the temptation.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

First playthrough - Miranda
    Second playthrough - Tali (and continued in ME3)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234