Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cavalry quick question

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Cavalry quick question

So... you are asking what the best cavalry in the early era is?
    I could try to answere this question...
    OR
    tell you my poinion on something completly different you did not ask for... like the others!
    So here it is => Elephants are the best cavalry!
    They are not light... and not available until extremly verly late... you cannot even really recruit them as they are merceneries... but I like them so much I give a crap about the OP and talk about this!

No... seriously:
    It is hard to tell which light cav is best... the "better" the unit is the slower it replenishes.
    At the end it is the "feeling" that makes you like a unit more than another and the best unit is worthless if you cannot replenish it!
    I usually run down Ritterbruders with peasants... I pay like nothing to destroy a very rare and expensive unit!

You want to charge into your enemy: Piast Nobles ( Poland ) btw I cannot remember if they are heavy or light... or Lithuanian... I forgot the name.
    You do not laugh about these chickens throwing javelins and run away then: Jinetes ( Spain and some others I think )
    Horse Archer: muslim factions, every one of them has only a little difference in the game feeling, I mean in horse archers, the rest of the army differs!

Do not play Hellas!
    You game will not be balanced... first you will suck... then rule ( "best" units )... then suck again because of no good firearms! I find it too easy as the units really kick ass and I stop playing when I get too big...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

Laetus

Well for both avability and good stats i d suggest arab cavalry.Plus if u play with fatimids u can have them and ghulams aswell.They are heavy cavalry as game says but they have the fast moving stat that u ask with a better atack and def. than general.

SleepySteve's Avatar Tiro

All I know is that the Venetian Stradiots are absolutely amazing looking with full armour upgrade. Man I sure wish there were more unique looking units like them available. Did someone redo them or are they like that in vanilla? Gotta be my favorite unit as far as aestetics. They have a small unit count, but their attack is very high, hit and run FTW!

Huscarl Cavalry are pretty good in a melee if you can hit the enemy from behind. They tend to get torn apart by pretty much everything though. Even the AP bonus from thier axes doesn;t seem to help.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySteve View Post
    All I know is that the Venetian Stradiots are absolutely amazing looking with full armour upgrade. Man I sure wish there were more unique looking units like them available. Did someone redo them or are they like that in vanilla? Gotta be my favorite unit as far as aestetics. They have a small unit count, but their attack is very high, hit and run FTW!
    I have to agree, i tried them out in custom battle and they were amazing! They look great too, and they are fast moving.

Alani mercenaries are pretty boss. 8 attack, 8 charge and 12 defence and fast moving. They are perfect for chasing down archers and missle cavalry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12