View Poll Results: VOTE NOW for your champion!

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Entry 1

3 60.00%
  • Entry 2

2 40.00%

Thread: [DUEL] Shankbot12 vs. HeirofAlexander - VOTE NOW!

Default [DUEL] Shankbot12 vs. HeirofAlexander - VOTE NOW!

Image courtesy of Radboud

A duel of wits and artistry between

Shankbot12

and

HeirofAlexander

Who shall earn himself much glory and adulation, and who shall be the unfortunate fool whose ineptitude dooms him?

Note the above may or may not denote the order of the duelists' works.

Entry 1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Sharkos stood watching the galaxies that lighted what he heard was called ‘the sky’. For light-years beyond counting they had been travelling through time and space. In his home planet, Sharkos had gathered all the kingdoms in a long and terrible war and sailed an armada of thousands of warships to the Milky Way.

Saturn had fought valiantly, their ring systems a powerful defense even against the greatest army the galaxies had ever known, but in the end even them, like the other seven, had to surrender. Mars fought with guerilla companies, and in the end Sharkos had merely ordered the destruction of all their bases and to move on, destroying the planet in doing so. Necessary losses he had thought as he felt the battleship rook under the force of Mars blowing up.

Before him was assembled all his captains and generals. Sharkos had chosen them all himself, loyalists most, others for alliances. Former kings and sons of mere common men, they were all there. Stout and proud peoples of Gorgolia, similar to the humans, though ten feet tall, where the frontmost of his men both in the council and in the battles. Their battlecruisers – Glory and Supremacy – sailed faster and fired harder than any other ships in his flotilla. Beside them, the riders from the steppes stood. Whenever his battleships had battered the futile defenses any enemy laid before him, Sharkos sent in the riders to clear the road for his heavy troops. They rode great beast which breathed fire, devastating any unknowing enemy. Even Sharkos – though he would not admit it – feared the mighty steeds his shocktroops had taken to war. Sharkos himself was from the lands of Hormor, feared and revered for their looks and supreme fighting skills. Sharkos’ face was filled with scars, earned through hard warring and not like to fade. His torso and arms were ripped with muscle, the results of many a brawl and training. Wearing the traditional cloth of the Hormorians around his waist and moving his gaze from space and into the bridge of his battleship, Sharkos pondered on the unexpected silence. For two weeks they had been sitting waiting, without purpose, and the soldiers had grown restless and homesick. Each council they had pleaded to go home, or attack. Now, however, the bridge was silent as a grave.

Suddenly, one spoke up. “My lord Sharkos, you must decide. It is an easy prey it is, easier than any we have ever seen.” The captain of the Supremacy said. “Who wants to fight for, let alone die for, a king who will only sit on his arse? My king, you must act. Whatever your decision is, I and my men will follow you. You know this.”

Sharkos turned to face the planet opposing him. Colored in green and blue where Mars had been all dusty red, it was beautiful. The costs of war, he thought.

“Attack!”

Entry 2
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I awoke with a sharp pain in my head, my vision cloudy. Rubbing my eyes I looked up and saw a metal roof, like the one found on my sword. My sword? I moved my hand down towards where my scabbard usually is - and panic struck me as I couldn't feel anything. Jolting up I felt a searing pain as I whacked my head of this cursed metal roof! I spun around, shaking my head in a vain attempt to get rid of the pain. I double over and find myself crouching on the floor as a stream of vomit shot out of my mouth, painting the clean metal floor.

When it was over I paused for a second steadying myself, clearing my head. This time I stood up slowly, but remained in a crouched position to avoid banging my head, I shouldn't have bothered. When I lifted my head up I vomited all over again as I saw to my utter disbelief that when I looked out of the window I could see an explosion of light - red, blue, white - whirling about above a giant blue and green sphere, with a smaller grey sphere being in my sight as well. The rest was just endless blackness.

I thumped my head despite the pain. Wake up Eustace come on! You've had too much beer again, wake up! However, my efforts proved in vain and nothing changed, except the movement of the explosion of light. I had to turn away from the window and found myself in a tiny metal capsule - it was just big enough for me to crouch in with much leeway in terms of movement, or to lie flat with no room whatsoever. Well done Eustace you fool you must have had something strong then beer...
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: [DUEL] Shankbot12 vs. HeirofAlexander - VOTE NOW!

hmm.. ponders... What was the picture again?

The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Heiro it is on...
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Voted.

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

Have voted - good luck both

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

with this vote, I, er, vote I guess.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I have just noticed a load of mistakes.

Heiro, I think this one will be for you.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Voted

Not voted . And Shanky, you're good enough to win even with errors, just saying.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Citizen

Blog Entries

Well yeah... I was just being polite.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Not long now left...

You got the box of tissues their Heiro, you're gonna need them.

Hahahahhaha . I say I'll just pop the champagne, and while I'm out I'll get you a big box of ice cream and yeah tissues, so you can cry yourself to sleep.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|