Thread: Installation problem: Music.dat Corrupt

Default Installation problem: Music.dat Corrupt

I'm attempting to install via the installer here with all part 3 bin files in the same folder as TheSundering_0_6.exe, the installation seems to go fine until it hits Music.dat.

I'm going to try skipping and hope it doesn't cause any problems, but is there any other downloadable versions or another download method (other than Steam) than can be used to bypass this problem?

This mod looks fantastic.

Default Re: Installation problem: Music.dat Corrupt

^ Clicking ignore on Music.dat led to the same problem with Music.idx, message "An error occurred while trying to read the source file: The source file is corrupted"

^ sound related problems all around, now SFX.dat is corrupt, I'm thinking maybe Disc 2 didn't download correctly, I'll try another download and see if that fixes anything.

Hah now it's the voices, but I may have found the problem. Gamefront went down for maintenance, I'm betting they did it in the middle of the download and botched it all up. There wouldn't be a mediafire mirror for it would there? There's no telling how long Gamefront will be down when it does this.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Can you tell me the size of each file please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    Can you tell me the size of each file please?
    Sorry I deleted them for the re-download and installed The Third Age while waiting for the site to come back up

I'll get back on it and see if a fresh download helps.

Success, it seems the original download was indeed interrupted by maintenance. Re-downloading it worked perfectly.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the mod!