Thread: Distant Worlds

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

Default Distant Worlds

Distant Worlds - Legends Receives Massive Update and Sale!

Loads of improvements and fixes for an even better gameplay experience!

Arlington, VT, August 22, 2012 – Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Code Force (www.codeforce.co.nz) are excited to announce the release of the massive v1.7.0.16 update for the award-winning space strategy game Distant Worlds - Legends. The comprehensive update includes a ton of improvements and fixes that boost performance and the overall gameplay experience.

To celebrate this huge update, we are placing all Distant Worlds titles on sale for two weeks, starting today and ending on September 4th, at 33% off! That means that Distant Worlds, which is normally $39.99 for the download price, will now be $26.99 and the two expansions are reduced to $16.99 from their normal download price of $24.99! This is a great opportunity to pick up that extra expansion you’ve been waiting on or jump into the whole series.

The update improves player and AI ship design, including improvements to the design screen itself. Players will now be able to save optimized design templates for any faction and also have the ability to set detailed design policies for their empires. Fleet handling for both player and AI factions has also been improved, as well as ship management for the private sector.

The update is so huge that we can’t possibly list all of the new changes and improvements. For a full listing of what is included, click here to read the change log on the Matrix Games forums.

To get the update, click here to go to the download page for Distant Worlds - Legends. The update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Distant Worlds: Legends to version 1.7.0.16.

Please note: Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game, including the Return of the Shakturi expansion.

About Distant Worlds - Legends

Distant Worlds - Legends is the highly anticipated second expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. Legends is a huge step forward which brings the Distant Worlds universe to life. A new character system includes Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Governors, Ambassadors, Scientists and Agents, each with defined abilities and traits and opportunities to advance and grow over time.

Expanded gameplay for all existing races includes new race-specific events, technologies and victory conditions which create a completely different game depending on your choices. An expanded tech tree also awaits, with dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders, and much more (including a new hidden faction)!

Distant Worlds - Legends also includes a new model for borders and spheres of influence for each faction, as well as new fleet management and automation commands. The interface has been improved with additional overlays for the main galaxy map, including route indicators for all ships and fleet posture indicators, all to make it easier to keep track of activity and strategy. A new setup option allows galaxies to also be larger in map size as well as number of stars.

Empire Policies have been expanded with new options and Diplomacy has been overhauled to be much more intelligent and to include mining and refueling rights. Finally, the AI has been improved in all areas and modding support has been greatly expanded to allow modders to take full advantage of all the new features.

All of this together makes Distant Worlds - Legends an essential addition to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!

Please note: Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game, including the Return of the Shakturi expansion.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Distant Worlds

I've been waiting for this to go on sale because paying over 60 euros for a game(including its expansions) is over my budget. And when it does and I'm even more poorer than before and yet again can't afford it.

I'll buy it when I get a job, though. I think. It looks like a fantastic game and I've heard some great things.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

I don't have the newest expansion because I've been travelling a lot and haven't been settled in long enough at any point this year to really play. That being said it's a great game. One of the few on my 'never comes off the harddrive' list.

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

I DO love this game. Too bad it costs too much for the expansions