Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR PLATINUM v1.6 INSTALL INFO and DOWNLOAD LINKS

Default RTR PLATINUM v1.6 INSTALL INFO and DOWNLOAD LINKS

Current Version: RTRPE v1.6

There are now 2 methods for installing RTR Platinum. The first can be used by anyone who has the outdated RTRPE v1.4 Full Install. The second install method, and the preferred one, requires only RTW installed and patched to v1.5 and the new RTRPE v1.6 Full Install.

Install Method for using Outdated RTRPE v1.4 Full Install
    1. Install Rome Total War
    2. Patch to RTW Version 1.3
    3. Patch to RTW Version 1.5
    4. Download Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition Full Installer - RTRPE Full (v1.4) from one of these 3 links(choose one):

5. Download and install the RTR Platinum v1.6 Patch.
    Or you can download the RTR Platinum v1.6 patch from HERE . (rapidshare)

-OR-

The Preferred Method for installing RTR Platinum v1.6
    1. Install Rome Total War
    2. Patch to RTW Version 1.3
    3. Patch to RTW Version 1.5
    4. Download and install the new RTR Platinum v1.6 Full Install. The "RTR_Platinum_v1.6_Full_Install.zip" file is approximately 214MB in size.
    Or you can download RTR_Platinum_v1.6_Full_Install from Here (filefront link provided by The Walrus)

Note: A new RTRPE v1.7 Full Installer is currently being created and is not yet available. It looks to be 214MB in download size. It will be released in the near future, after further development.

Please report any bugs or crashes here .

For anyone interested in trying the optional add-ons that are already set to be compatible with the RTR Platinum v1.6 release, here is a download link for the RTR_Platinum_v1.6_Optional_add-ons.zip file. Please remember, these are exactly what the name implies, totally optional. Their NOT required. Please see Ryman's post below for an overview of what is in these optional add-ons.
    Or you can download the RTR_Platinum_v1.6_Optional_Add-ons.zip from HERE (rapidshare link)

Thanks to Florin, here are some additional topics for assistance with installing RTR Platinum.
    • Click HERE for a very detailed guide on how to install RTR Platinum.
    • Click HERE for the easiest method available on how to play RTRPE with BI.exe game engine.
    Last edited by florin80; October 22, 2006 at 07:27 PM.
    Marcus Camillus

Default Re: RTR Platinum v1.6 Install Info and Download Links

does this change anything about the mod itself?

Here ya go, the fix list, direct from the forums.

RTR Platinum v1.6 Release List

Last Updated on: 7-3-2006, 1815Z

Release Date: 7-10-2006

This is a list of the items for the RTR Platinum v1.6 release. The items that have been completed and added to the new release are indicated by the word COMPLETED. I have provided a link to the pertinent topic thread for each item of this release list.
    • COMPLETED - Added the latest EDU file from the rebalancing efforts of Sanky and Shos.
    • COMPLETED - Added the Gigantus' Harbour Fix and Land Blocks Compilation.
    • COMPLETED - Added Shos' Fix for German auxilia units, which fixes the "German-Marian-reform" issue reported by Oddball_E8.
    • COMPLETED - Added the new AI Building/Unit Construction Biases Tweaks in the descr_strat.txt file.
    • COMPLETED - Fixed the Arse stone walls graphics problem by editting the descr_strat.txt file and changing Arse's "defenses stone_wall" to "defenses wooden_pallisade" like the other barbarian culture towns. This problem was posted in Odec's How to fix the walls of Arse post.
    • COMPLETED - Changed the default formation for Macedonian cavalry from "wedge" to "square" formation, per the discussion and request of Crymson and Shos.
    • COMPLETED - Added the suggestion of Florin for allowing Carthage to build Spanish heavy cavalry in Iberia. The changes to files was small and was historically correct.
    • COMPLETED - Added a new short campaign script for clearing the first turn messages announcing the destruction of the Senate, Brutii, and Scipii factions. These factions were added as "destroyed" factions that die on th efirst turn. The Senate was added as a "dead" faction in RTR Gold. RTR Platinum adds the Scipii and Brutii factions as "dead" factions to prevent a CTD in after ending the Winter 66 BC turn.
    • COMPLETED - Enabled the "night_battles_enabled" in the descr_strat.txt file. This was left commented out (disabled) in the RTR Platinum v1.4 Beta full install by mistake.
    • COMPLETED - Swapped the game engine settlement name (Rome) for Roma with the remote city of Tara's game engine settlement name. The UI names that appear on th ecampaign map are the same, so only the game engine will know about this swap. This change will allow Roma to be a location where an imperial palace can be built to trigger the Marian Reforms.
    • COMPLETED - Included the readjustment ideas of Crymson concerning RTR Platinum archers, slingers, and skirmishers.
    • COMPLETED - Added the corrected Gallic noble cavalry skin, suggested by Florin and corrected by Arbaces. This corrected a graphics glitch with the previous unit skin.
    • COMPLETED - Incorporated the shield factor fixes for Caetrati Cavalry and Caetrati Cavalry Auxilia. This issue was reported by Florin.
    • COMPLETED - Incorporate the changes to the combat modifier, stat_ground, in the EDU file, as discussed by Crymson. The aim is for a more realistic representation of the effects of terrain on combat.
    • COMPLETED - Reviewed the pak files for new RTRPE stuff and placed it in a new mod_0.pak file to help reduce overall size of full install. While doing this, the Egyptian protraits were replaced by Greek portraits.
    • COMPLETED - Included the "epic stone walls seige tower bug" fix that Sleepysmoo, Florin, and Candelarius have been working on.
    • COMPLETED - Added the updated descr_events.txt file corrections to the v1.6 release. FMModel was the individual reporting the "Vestal Virgins Struck Down" CTD bug. Also included a correction for the "a_new_man_gaius_marius" event.
    • COMPLETED - Corrected the position for the troop garrisons of Aleria (Corsica), Antioch (Syria), Flaviobriga (Cantabria), and Astorga (Gallaecia). Their garrisons are now within the city walls, as they should have been. This city garrison position error was reported by Macedonn.
    The following is a list of the optional add-ons for RTR Platinum. They are included in a separate zip file named as "RTR_Platinum_v1.6_Optional_Add-ons.zip". Their use is completely optional.
    • COMPLETED - "No_Landblocks_Optional_Add-on.exe", an optional add-on for removing landblocks for those who do not wish to use them.
    • COMPLETED - "No_Torches_for_Night_Battles_Optional_Add-on.exe", an optional add-on for removing torches from night battles. This optional add-on includes the Vanilla RTW files that will allow the removal of torches in night battles. The files of this optional add-on are "soldier_attachments.txt", "soldier_bone_map.txt", "soldier_with_weapon_attachments.txt", and "soldier_with_weapon_bone_map.txt". This was requested by a few of the RTR Forums members and put together as an optional add-on.
    • COMPLETED - "Vanilla_RTW_Loading_Bar_Optional_Add-on.exe", an optional add-on for using the loading bar graphics of Vanilla RTW instead of the custom loading bar graphics of Becksim's Gladius Loading Bar.
    • COMPLETED - Included an optional add-on for removing the landblocks, for those not interested in using them.
    • COMPLETED - "RTW-BI_Unified_Skeleton-Animations_Pack.exe", an optional add-on that will appeal to many mod creators who will base their mod upon RTR Platinum. This optional Skeleton-Animations Pack includes a combined set of skeletons and animations files that includes all of SigniferOne's v0.8 and Europa Barbarorum's Animations in one set, so you can easily pick and choose the ones that you prefer.
    • COMPLETED - "RTRPE_Roman_Cognomen_Mod.exe", an optional add-on mod for including more realistic full Roman names for your in-game Roman Republic characters.
    The above optional add-on installs each have their own auto-installer and are packaged in one combined zip file.

An Imperial Rome Mod for BI v1.6

Does anybody have a link to a download of the optional add-ons?

Installs for the optional downloads are included in the v1.6 patch download.

Other than that, there are no bundles of all of those optional addons.

An Imperial Rome Mod for BI v1.6

so really, the 1.6 patch isnt really needed?

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

yea it is.... it fixes alot of stuff in RTR platinum (mostly the annoying ctds) but it also includes the stuff that was mentioned in Rymans post...including the optional add-ons but the optional downloads arent actually in the 1.6 patch

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Its savegame compatible, it fixes a couple of CTDs and a lot of minor glitches, so why not get it.

alright, i got it installed, now my game will started. thanks

Is it possible to install RTRPE 1.4 into the Sega version of RTW/BI? I no longer have my old RTW 1.0 so I don't know if it's even possible to install the 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5 patches onto my current installation.

yea, i got the gold pack which is from sega, and it works fine

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by wyvern1_6
    Is it possible to install RTRPE 1.4 into the Sega version of RTW/BI? I no longer have my old RTW 1.0 so I don't know if it's even possible to install the 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5 patches onto my current installation.
    Probably you know about this already but just in case.

The installer use the default target of C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War. You'll need to redirect the installation target (using the browse function) since you with the SEGA version, your installed version probably is C:\Program Files\Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War.

If you don't change the target line, you 'll a wrong installation (we had many cases before) when people are complaining about missing .dll or something.

Cheers.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Pannon's Avatar Foederatus

Hi!

There is some problem with the 1.6 patch, can't open after downloading.

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Pannon your files corrupted.

Does this fix any issues when used with BI.exe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Hello

I am using the sega version of RTW Gold and when i install PE and try to run it the program says that i need to insert the correct DVD-ROM

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Install(unpack) game in temp. folder(like make rtr folder on desktop) , after that open temp.folder and delete RomeTW.exe,and finaly copy all files from temp folder to your RTW directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Maced0n
    Install(unpack) game in temp. folder(like make rtr folder on desktop) , after that open temp.folder and delete RomeTW.exe,and finaly copy all files from temp folder to your RTW directory.
    Macedon is correct. Install the RTRPE v1.4 fullinstall to a separate folder, delete the RomeTW.exe in this temporary folder. Its a copy of the game engine from the Activision RTW and should never have been added to the v1.4 full install. I took over creating the install and patches after v1.4 and this file will not be found in any current or future installs/patches from v1.5 onwards.

Now, copy or move all these files in this temporary folder to your copy of the RTW install you wish RTRPE to be in. Now download and install the RTRPE v1.6 patch in this folder you have moved all the RTRPE files to. Start up RTRPE and you should be playing RTRPE v1.6, which you will know when the initial loading screen has RTR Platinum v1.6 down in the bottom righthand corner of the loading screen with the Gladius loading bar.

The new full install, which will be RTRPE v1.7, will not cause this problem. Its currently looking to be a 215MB download file, much smaller than the 411MB of the current v1.4 full install. Once I have v1.7 ready for download, anyone who has problems will be told to uninstall RTRPE completely and to download and install the new v1.7 release. This new v1.7 release will fix a few CTD problems and several minor in-game bugs. I've got no release date estimate yet, but should not be much more than 30 July. Hopefully the new RTR Forums will be online by then. If not, I'll post the release in a new topic here at the TWCenter Forums, inlcuding download links and a copy of the install instructions.
    Marcus Camillus

so what i just need to do is install it in a seperate folder and delete the RTW.exe file for the platinum edition? alright thanks for the help

Could someone pin this?

yea i did what you guys said but now theres a ctd once i select a faction to start its campaign

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast