RTR Platinum v1.6 Release List
Last Updated on: 7-3-2006, 1815Z
Release Date: 7-10-2006
This is a list of the items for the RTR Platinum v1.6 release. The items that have been completed and added to the new release are indicated by the word COMPLETED
. I have provided a link to the pertinent topic thread for each item of this release list.
- COMPLETED - Added the latest EDU file from the rebalancing efforts of Sanky and Shos.
- COMPLETED - Added the Gigantus' Harbour Fix and Land Blocks Compilation.
- COMPLETED - Added Shos' Fix for German auxilia units, which fixes the "German-Marian-reform" issue reported by Oddball_E8.
- COMPLETED - Added the new AI Building/Unit Construction Biases Tweaks in the descr_strat.txt file.
- COMPLETED - Fixed the Arse stone walls graphics problem by editting the descr_strat.txt file and changing Arse's "defenses stone_wall" to "defenses wooden_pallisade" like the other barbarian culture towns. This problem was posted in Odec's How to fix the walls of Arse post.
- COMPLETED - Changed the default formation for Macedonian cavalry from "wedge" to "square" formation, per the discussion and request of Crymson and Shos.
- COMPLETED - Added the suggestion of Florin for allowing Carthage to build Spanish heavy cavalry in Iberia. The changes to files was small and was historically correct.
- COMPLETED - Added a new short campaign script for clearing the first turn messages announcing the destruction of the Senate, Brutii, and Scipii factions. These factions were added as "destroyed" factions that die on th efirst turn. The Senate was added as a "dead" faction in RTR Gold. RTR Platinum adds the Scipii and Brutii factions as "dead" factions to prevent a CTD in after ending the Winter 66 BC turn.
- COMPLETED - Enabled the "night_battles_enabled" in the descr_strat.txt file. This was left commented out (disabled) in the RTR Platinum v1.4 Beta full install by mistake.
- COMPLETED - Swapped the game engine settlement name (Rome) for Roma with the remote city of Tara's game engine settlement name. The UI names that appear on th ecampaign map are the same, so only the game engine will know about this swap. This change will allow Roma to be a location where an imperial palace can be built to trigger the Marian Reforms.
- COMPLETED - Included the readjustment ideas of Crymson concerning RTR Platinum archers, slingers, and skirmishers.
- COMPLETED - Added the corrected Gallic noble cavalry skin, suggested by Florin and corrected by Arbaces. This corrected a graphics glitch with the previous unit skin.
- COMPLETED - Incorporated the shield factor fixes for Caetrati Cavalry and Caetrati Cavalry Auxilia. This issue was reported by Florin.
- COMPLETED - Incorporate the changes to the combat modifier, stat_ground, in the EDU file, as discussed by Crymson. The aim is for a more realistic representation of the effects of terrain on combat.
- COMPLETED - Reviewed the pak files for new RTRPE stuff and placed it in a new mod_0.pak file to help reduce overall size of full install. While doing this, the Egyptian protraits were replaced by Greek portraits.
- COMPLETED - Included the "epic stone walls seige tower bug" fix that Sleepysmoo, Florin, and Candelarius have been working on.
- COMPLETED - Added the updated descr_events.txt file corrections to the v1.6 release. FMModel was the individual reporting the "Vestal Virgins Struck Down" CTD bug. Also included a correction for the "a_new_man_gaius_marius" event.
- COMPLETED - Corrected the position for the troop garrisons of Aleria (Corsica), Antioch (Syria), Flaviobriga (Cantabria), and Astorga (Gallaecia). Their garrisons are now within the city walls, as they should have been. This city garrison position error was reported by Macedonn.
The following is a list of the optional add-ons for RTR Platinum. They are included in a separate zip file named as "RTR_Platinum_v1.6_Optional_Add-ons.zip". Their use is completely optional.
- COMPLETED - "No_Landblocks_Optional_Add-on.exe", an optional add-on for removing landblocks for those who do not wish to use them.
- COMPLETED - "No_Torches_for_Night_Battles_Optional_Add-on.exe", an optional add-on for removing torches from night battles. This optional add-on includes the Vanilla RTW files that will allow the removal of torches in night battles. The files of this optional add-on are "soldier_attachments.txt", "soldier_bone_map.txt", "soldier_with_weapon_attachments.txt", and "soldier_with_weapon_bone_map.txt". This was requested by a few of the RTR Forums members and put together as an optional add-on.
- COMPLETED - "Vanilla_RTW_Loading_Bar_Optional_Add-on.exe", an optional add-on for using the loading bar graphics of Vanilla RTW instead of the custom loading bar graphics of Becksim's Gladius Loading Bar.
- COMPLETED - Included an optional add-on for removing the landblocks, for those not interested in using them.
- COMPLETED - "RTW-BI_Unified_Skeleton-Animations_Pack.exe", an optional add-on that will appeal to many mod creators who will base their mod upon RTR Platinum. This optional Skeleton-Animations Pack includes a combined set of skeletons and animations files that includes all of SigniferOne's v0.8 and Europa Barbarorum's Animations in one set, so you can easily pick and choose the ones that you prefer.
- COMPLETED - "RTRPE_Roman_Cognomen_Mod.exe", an optional add-on mod for including more realistic full Roman names for your in-game Roman Republic characters.
The above optional add-on installs each have their own auto-installer and are packaged in one combined zip file.