Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Divine Conquest CCMv2 Hotseat Reborn (Poland Open!)

Default Re: Divine Conquest CCMv2 Hotseat Reborn

I understand where you are coming from Izob. I'll definitely balance the game better next time. This was my first attempt at hosting a hotseat so it was bound to have a few errors in it. I just hope you had fun.

Invicta is starting up a new hotseat that will have many players and looks to be a lot of fun. Maybe you can join in.

I wish there was a way to make a persistent online game world for these types of hotseats that players had to logon and do their moves. I definitely think these games would be more interesting if reloading could be prevented, in the absence of that game mechanic it just leads to distrust among players about moves.
    Last edited by jado818; January 13, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Twas an honor fighting you Izob, i hope to do so again sometime. As Aztec i am ok with Poland getting Innsbruck and even Venice as Milan is turned AI, but Bern, Milan and Florence are to be mine unless some deal stating otherwise is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    And I get that unpleasant reminder of hotseats: replaying turns and the long period of free time we get to play each turn.

Sometimes I don't have the patience or time, to check for errors in my plans like Mith. It is annoying to have to replay a turn, as some may know. But its things like that if you don't check, which can put you at a disadvantage. For example, Mith may not have found Argometto without first drawing him out of the forest by intentionally being defeated in battle (quote, it was "baited" into moving. Hardily a fair tactic imo as no general in charge of a large army like that, would sacrifice his position to a few small units). Sure he might have a spy or agent there, or maybe Mith regularly sends out units as scouts. But that's not always the case for every situation. Another example of over-checking every detail, is defeating ships at sea after an extensive replay and search sequence of turns.

This is unfortunately part of hotseats, as is the time required to play a turn. Banning replaying turns is as futile as stopping a cautious player planning his/her army positions.

Aztecs in future hotseats:
    Need to have proper ships avaivable to be viable, without they should not be used imho.
    Id also reduce the distance to Europe slightly or at least remove the cliff-coast, add ports and remove the mines.
    Aye i understand that, i play almost all my turns thrice. Checking, testing and doing. And i do love my agents

As to baiting your army... Like last time, i could easily reach you and your other hidden army. Tho this way i take less losses^^ This you really should have noticed by mousing over my armies as both can easily reach you

As to reloading proof hotseat, have they not made progress on that?
    I too would like to play one with reloading prevented, or simply a hotseat with a few trusted players with it forbidden
    Last edited by Mithridate; January 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

I think the only way to actually prevent reloading would be to run a persistent game on one computer and have all other players somehow login remotely to play their turn on the computer.

Visually making sure its not reloaded then you mean? Aye, and there are programs that can be used to do this, PcAnywhere for example. Wish there was some more effective way... Like a mod where you cannot load but one time for each turn unless having an admin pw

With the save not compatible with the original mod, but how on earth that would be done ive got no clue.
    The simple way is to have a few trusted people, but oh the paranoia
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jado818 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from Izob. I'll definitely balance the game better next time. This was my first attempt at hosting a hotseat so it was bound to have a few errors in it. I just hope you had fun.

Invicta is starting up a new hotseat that will have many players and looks to be a lot of fun. Maybe you can join in.

I wish there was a way to make a persistent online game world for these types of hotseats that players had to logon and do their moves. I definitely think these games would be more interesting if reloading could be prevented, in the absence of that game mechanic it just leads to distrust among players about moves.
    Its fine. It was fun until the Aztec's regrouped in Aragon and started to stomp there way, slowly along the coast. M2TW is one of those RTS games, "kill or be killed". I didn't kill the Aztecs fast enough so Mith has come back to kill me

Cant join Invictas hotseat, as I dont have SS. I rather not download it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Twas an honor fighting you Izob, i hope to do so again sometime. As Aztec i am ok with Poland getting Innsbruck and even Venice as Milan is turned AI, but Bern, Milan and Florence are to be mine unless some deal stating otherwise is made.Aye i understand that, i play almost all my turns thrice. Checking, testing and doing. And i do love my agents

As to baiting your army... Like last time, i could easily reach you and your other hidden army. Tho this way i take less losses^^ This you really should have noticed by mousing over my armies as both can easily reach you

As to reloading proof hotseat, have they not made progress on that?
    I too would like to play one with reloading prevented, or simply a hotseat with a few trusted players with it forbidden
    Yes, I knew my army was in range of yours, but I didn't feel like replaying the turn. I was hoping for some rare chance you wouldnt be scouting the area with 1 unit armies, as you sometimes do.

Far as I know, nothing has been started to prevent saves from being reloaded. I actually think it is impossible to stop a person from reloading a save file, as the player could just restart the game or re-enter a copy of the save file into the save folder. Game also has a lot of hard coded elements that stop you from modding, such as how save files are loaded.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jado818 View Post
    I think the only way to actually prevent reloading would be to run a persistent game on one computer and have all other players somehow login remotely to play their turn on the computer.
    I faintly remember something like that. It was possible to set up a network, so all players can join the one hotseat and play at the same time.

Trusted people, or PcAnywhere then^^ (someone sacrificing a PC to keep running for it... always)
    Still, it only allows for 1 to have remote access at a time afaik so the problem remains and i know no other program AND is not free

Not to mention someone has to spot the perpetrator in the act
    There was one mod whom automatically sent the save over, dont remember the name...

Still, only saves and sends once turn is ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Trusted people, or PcAnywhere then^^ (someone sacrificing a PC to keep running for it... always)
    Still, it only allows for 1 to have remote access at a time afaik so the problem remains and i know no other program AND is not free

Not to mention someone has to spot the perpetrator in the act
    There was one mod whom automatically sent the save over, dont remember the name...

Still, only saves and sends once turn is ended.
    Couldn't there just be some sort of counter set up to count how many times the file was accessed. Access to the file would only be gained after logging in.

If so... Should work imho, would be nice to find out if this can be done and be hard to cheat

One would have to lock the recycle bin so people could not make a new save, and load from that repeatedly and then remove it when done.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

My definition of "hotseat" has improved...

After a bit of searching on the internet, I've concluded that m2tw: hotseasts can only be played on one computer at a time. Meaning, its not possible with the current game to play a campaign with another person at the same time.

I was under the impression two or more people could be playing the one campaign (both games loaded, running in the same campaing, watching each others factions) at the same time, but I haven't found any information supporting this.

The closest you can get to this is using something like UK's hotseat launcher: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1961 which automates a few things like quitting the game when you end your turn, and quitting the game when you exit the campaign (confirm that part). It uses a shared folder for the internet so players can download new files.
    Last edited by IZob; January 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

Shogun 2 support semi-simultaneous play tho, kinda Still turn based ye both playing and reloading impossible unless both do so. Will be interesting if Rome 2 adds anything to that, would be neat to be able to play simultaneously (even battles, not just against each other) as that would cut down on the waiting when fighting is allowed. Tho Shogun 2 works well on that front already, allowing the opposition to fight with or against you according to choice.

Sadly, i find it hard to find people to play Shogun 2 with and against unless its an IRL friend.
    When Rome 2 is out, i do hope to snatch a couple of you fellow hotseaters for a few games

Timur_the_Lame's Avatar Praepositus

as far as the regions go mith: Milan shouldn't give you any, you should have to conquer them. I think it's fine to give them to poland tho, as you'll have to fight for them either way. make sense?

EDIT: England is pathetic. Just realized that they attacked me before our 10 turn NAP was up that THEY ASKED FOR. And I'm also pretty sure England was prepping for this since before the ownership switch due to the size of their navy...

Jado: I will probably finish this HS out, but I may also be quitting in the next week or so. It's my last HS and I'm about to start the new semester up. Depending on my work load, I'll probably finish it out
    Last edited by Timur_the_Lame; January 14, 2013 at 02:43 AM.

Gifting Settlements:
    - You may only trade or gift 1 region per 2 turns.
    - You are not allowed to gift a region that is in a war zone (bordering by land a faction you are at war) to another faction. You may gift a region that is not in a war zone if you have controlled that settlement for 3 turns (including the turn captured).

Gifting any region but Venice and Innsbruck would be against the rules not to mention more than 1 (next turn, Milan will be mine so then he wont be allowed to gift any region) so what im suggesting is a compromise due to Izob requesting this exception as i do not want Poland freely getting the regions.

Well I don't want you freely getting bern and Bologna, so I say no if thats what you're asking for.

It seem to be settled then, Milan is to be Subbed to the grizzly end/new player found or turned AI?
    Our opinions anyway, its still up to Jado of course^^ As to England prepping to fighting you Timur...

He voiced such thoughts to me before he gave the faction up

Tho i think the big fleet is more from memory of me burning my way across
    England with my few strawships and hoard of rubbish mercenaries^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Timur_the_Lame View Post
    Jado: I will probably finish this HS out, but I may also be quitting in the next week or so. It's my last HS and I'm about to start the new semester up.

Vasilefs's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Timur_the_Lame View Post
    Jado: I will probably finish this HS out, but I may also be quitting in the next week or so. It's my last HS and I'm about to start the new semester up. Depending on my work load, I'll probably finish it out
    Stay with us Timur.
    Don't leave hotseat campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilefs View Post
    Stay with us Timur.
    Don't leave hotseat campaigns.
    Well I'm definitely leaving them. Maybe I'll come back to them someday, but they're kind of time consuming and I don't have time anymore.

I'm not going to gift any of Milan's regions to anybody.

I'll turn them AI and things can progress from there.

CROPrasec's Avatar Decanus

sorry for delay but I haven't got pm :/.. will try to play it soon.

CROPrasec's Avatar Decanus

Cultural and commercial central of the world draws barbarians like turd draws flies
    We shall smash those unsignificant flies!!!

Shi'a up