Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Conquest CCMv2 Hotseat Reborn (Poland Open!)

Vasilefs's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Divine Conquest CCMv2 Hotseat Reborn

Poland!

Milan is up!!
    Last edited by jado818; January 23, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Will need an Extension, caus you know, its Christmas and all
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Will need an Extension, caus you know, its Christmas and all
    No worries ^^

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Tonno

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Now we have a small Christmas problem to solve.

You all remember when I insisted that we have a strictly defined "defeated armys rule". One of the exploits that can happen are like this... and by full legal force I can be pain in the ass and demand my right to do so:

Egypt moved as expected. So my plan is to carry on.
    My fleet was defeated
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Defeated Armies/Navies are not allowed to move until the following turn.
    -Armies/Navies that are defeated in battle may not be attacked on the following
    turn , as they are banned from moving, either by the game mechanics or by the previous rule. The defeated army may be attacked before the following turn if they retreat to a settlement, fort, or is reinforced by new units.
    and placed in a perfect spot for me to make a perfect defense in case Egypt attacks (His units are placed in a wide position to reach Zagreb if needed). What would lead to full destruction of Egypt forces or in a worst case it would prolong this slow-slow push by Egypt. Pics to give you a small picture of it.

So, what now? Will we all be fair and allow this move allthought it is totaly unfair move, will we edit the rules after I do this move, or will we () force me to play as other think this move should be played.

On "not sarcastically side".
    That's why I was such a pain in the ars on the start, so this king of pain in the ars would be avoided later. It's funny how the same person is the reson to both of them.
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

I think this is low, that he should be allowed to freely attack you as you deliberately get defeated but:

Should you stress your right to do this, i support it.
    Regardless, a rule addition should be added:

Defeated army rule does not apply when attacker is defeated
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Defeated army rule does not apply when attacker is defeated
    I would be supportive of this addition to the rules.

Does anybody object to this?

edit: I would like to clarify also. In my mind this means if an attackers army is defeated. There will be nothing preventing the defeated army from being attack before the next turn.
    Last edited by jado818; December 27, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jado818 View Post
    I would be supportive of this addition to the rules.

Does anybody object to this?

edit: I would like to clarify also. In my mind this means if an attackers army is defeated. There will be nothing preventing the defeated army from being attack before the next turn.
    I agree with Mithridate,after player is defeated while attacking his army will be always able to move on next turn,turn order do not influence it.

There is no need rule to be added or removed,because attacking army which was defeated while attacking was always allowed.
    Last edited by Vasilefs; December 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilefs View Post
    I agree with Mithridate,after player is defeated while attacking his army will be always able to move on next turn,turn order do not influence it.

There is no need rule to be added or removed,because attacking army which was defeated while attacking was always allowed.
    I don't think the major concern here is with moving on the next turn, but rather with the defeated army being safe from attack.

I don't think an attack in the manner posted above should be safe from a counter-attack and I don't see a reason why it should be. The defeated army rule was made for the purpose of making the movement mechanics fair because of the turn order limitations.

If there is no unfairness in the movement mechanics then I don't see a reason why an attacking army that is defeated should be safe from attack for a turn.

To bad I'm allways promoting fair play...
    This would end so much problems for me.

And I am sorry for the extra time used to play the turn.
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Hi guys I'll be the new guy taking over England. I just need admint o change the password for me please and then I can get rolling. Hope you all had a good holiday and I look forward to playing with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    Hi guys I'll be the new guy taking over England. I just need admint o change the password for me please and then I can get rolling. Hope you all had a good holiday and I look forward to playing with you!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Negotiations for peace with the new English crown shall begin immediately, the strife of the past to be put behind us and a glorious age of peace and friendship arise!

The Lunar Republic offers an immediate ceasefire, trade rights and offer our support against any enemy of England in the region of france. Too long have our great nations stood apart while the world unites in blocks of power, afraid of their own shadows!
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Mithridate can't be trusted, he's a real myth!

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I've spoken to Complete Noob but I shall have to see what is on offer before I decide Mr Mithridate

I am the cure for all ailments, i hold the answer to all questions.

No myth, but destruction!

I cleared the password and sent you a download link Dr Mac

when and why completenoob resigned?

Like 2 days ago. And because I really didn't feel like playing anymore, and I'm looking to cut back on non-westeros hotseats

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    Welcome, here is a run down of things from my perspective:

Aztecs are greedy and too powerful. They have all of Iberia, a little of southern France (includes two cores of Milan) and ofc all of the Americas. Their troops/armies out number Milan 2 to 1. So Milan has requested aid from England, Poland and Denmark (though I expect most of the support will come from Poland and England as their armies are closest atm. Yes Timur I have no idea where your troops are ). Polands support may not be enough to fight the heavy combat orientated Aztecs (which is btw a really good bonus in auto resolved battles ) and Milan is doing its best. Things between you and Denmark are uneasy, but Timur see's the threat the Aztecs are, and is willing to make peace to save the West. Poland is quite generous and somewhat powerful. Byzantium and the Mamluks are tied in a complex relationship, but Vas is surly the male of the group.