Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *NEW RELEASE* 2.4.3 (Full Download) + Patches *NEW 3/10/14 - Steam/Kingdoms compatable files added

Default Re: *NEW RELEASE* 2.4.3 (Full Download) + Patch added 26/8/12

I downloaded the 2.4.3 version however I canīt find the 2.4.3_finalize.bat file, only the 2.4.2 version.

My problem is that all of the lower bar of the screen with all of the options are white, and I cannot use them. It happened yesterday however only in the battle screens. I removed everything and reloaded the entire program, as well as the TLR files above however now itīs worse as ever the main map screen is this way. Any advice/help?

75Antons's Avatar Foederatus

uninstall all of TLR and the go for a clean re-install and all should be good

Quote Originally Posted by 75Antons View Post
    uninstall all of TLR and the go for a clean re-install and all should be good

Thanks for the reply. How do you correctly uninstall the mod? I canīt find it on the Control Panel "remove programs" list. I can delete the files but most are integrated into the main M2TW folder now. ??

I just manually delete the entire folder from the M2TW folder and then reinstall, if you want to keep any saves, just move them out before you "recycle" it and then put them back in

Iīve done that twice, with no luck. Also, where is the 2.4.3_finalize file? The same problem keeps on happening. Iīve even tried reinstalling the entire game.

I too could not find the file, so i use the short cut that pops out when I press play on the M2TW front screen (also displays what section of Kingdoms you may want to play)

Ok, firstly it appears ive made a typo with the 2.4.3_finalise.bat and called it 2.4.2_finalise.bat so use the 2.4.2_finalise.bat after install (corrected 1st post) - this should help with the steam users? if not...

you could use http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334458 used with TATW or follow this link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=517328 but using the .bat should work

White UI problem could be that you have kingdoms installed but not the 1.5 patch ? If you see post 9 in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538303 d/l the UI_FIX.rar and extract the files to your medieval II/data/ui folder

Uninstall instructions are at the bottom of the 1st post.
    first run UNRegister TLR mod with launcher" ("UNRegister TLR mod with launcher 64-bit" (Vista/Win7 Users)
    to remove from the registry and Launcher! you can then delete the_long_road folder - the_long_road.bat and the Uninstall_The_Long_Road.exe (backup any saved games first)

Problem with the small unit sizes in the 4tpy campaign should be fixed with patch A (found in the first post)
    RESISTITE USQUE AD SANQUINEM

seems people dont want to waste there time searching! white blocks/menu on campaign map error fix in above post

Hi, I am having trouble downloading the mod. when I click on the link I am taken to a google docs page where I again click on "download", but then I am taken to another google page telling me the file is too big and if I am sure I want to download. I click yes but then nothing happens..... I played this mod years ago in its early stages and I'd be delighted to enjoy it again. It'd be great to have another reason to play Medieval 2 again.

disregard that..... it is downloading now, my computer was simply being a little

I still get the same problem. I've installed the Patch A, run the 2.4.2 bat, etc.

The whole bottom of my screen during the campaign is still white and I cannot play.

you still have the white ui problem after replacing the .sd files in med2 ? its always worked before and not only for this mod but for many others. KSalmeri posted that he solved the problem and it was a file directory issue so im wondering if this is a visa/win7/8 problem.

see "Bug reports / Installation problems" thread (very first thread on the forum)

aparker3's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by 75Antons View Post
    I too agree with some of the sentiment by Larrythexii, armies move far too far.. here is an interesting article to have a look at

http://www.hyw.com/books/history/Logistic.htm

Maybe adding a logistics trait line/tree would be useful (and advantageous to foster). Ofc diplomats and such are not as limited in their movements and can employ a succession of fast horses to carry messages back and forth (again a trait that could be increased).. Things to look at I guess

I also agree! The distances they travel is just crazy! Please tell us how to fix or provide a solution!!!

I would love to download this, but the links seem to be broken.

aparker3's Avatar Foederatus

The links do work. You just go to 2 google links and click on download and on the other page that opens click on one that says download anyway. Thats what it is for me. Both links are in the middle of page btw.

It worked. Thanks.

Just downloaded this... forgive my noobness

I did as you said i.e "extract "the_long_road" folder to the Medieval II Total War folder - Overwriting all" but didn't get any option to overwrite anything. Am i missing something?

Also, I can't find the 2.4.2_finalise.bat file! I searched the_long_road folder but nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    Just downloaded this... forgive my noobness

I did as you said i.e "extract "the_long_road" folder to the Medieval II Total War folder - Overwriting all" but didn't get any option to overwrite anything. Am i missing something?

Also, I can't find the 2.4.2_finalise.bat file! I searched the_long_road folder but nothing...

If you did not have any previous versions of the long road then nothing should be overwritten The 2.4.2_finalise.bat file should be in the The_long_road folder if not try looking in the medieval 2 folder. If your not using a steam version you should be able to start the mod with the The_Long_Road.bat with no problems

The 2.4.2_finalise.bat file only searches to see if you have xp or vista/win7 and then runs the appropriate .reg file to register the mod, so it appears in the launcher. and then deletes the .reg files and itself

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried again. Everything seemed to go well, i ran the 2.4.2_finalise.bat

I clicked on the TLR2.4.3 icon on my desktop but when the game starts its just Vanilla.

Just to confirm - I'm using Windows7.

MTW2 patched up to v1.03.

This looks like a great mod and I'm looking forward to playing it so your help is much appreciated!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast