Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formatting. Interest?

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

Default Re: Formatting. Interest?

Well I would be teaching them, answering their questions. It won't be as big as my last one no but I think it will help a lot of people. And this is easier than making a tutorial.

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

I'm interested. I often get some troubles with formatting my posts, some lessons would be nice.

And the OP looks gorgeous.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The thing is, there are more people on TWC who would benefit from this than will even know to sign up for such a course. The uni is a bit too exclusive since I need to approve every student that the professor has approved. I see turning this into a standard uni class as taking an redundant and unnecessary step in teaching the knowledge.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Good idea Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Hader
    The thing is, there are more people on TWC who would benefit from this than will even know to sign up for such a course. The uni is a bit too exclusive since I need to approve every student that the professor has approved. I see turning this into a standard uni class as taking an redundant and unnecessary step in teaching the knowledge.
    Perhaps a guide/tutorial would be more beneficial for the community as a whole. That way anybody could ask questions in the guide thread. Not sure where it could be posted though. Maybe the Uni can hold open guide threads like this where people can comment/post without being a part of the usergroup.

Content Staff Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Not really, I think I'll make it like this:

If we get a Class room, You guys make a thread with a question as to how to make something, if noone else have asked that question yet. Then I explain in the thread, answer question, make graphic presentations until you get it.

This way you will all be taught the things you want to know, and in the end we can compile all the questions and answers into one tutorial guide thingy.

What do you say to that idea?
    There IF you had seen this, then I am sorry.

I just want to add an weight to the scales of you're valuation of the validity of this course. In the form of the promise- As said earlier- that we will indeed be making a place where people can come and look for guidance in the art of formatting.

This guide or tutorial will be composed of not just answers as normal tutorials, but the questions and the answers that leads to an successful end: The person reading understanding the code and the ability to repeat it in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    I see something like this as more suited to a tutorial than a full blown uni class here. If anyone can convince me otherwise go ahead but as it stands I don't think I will make this a full blown uni course.
    Yeah something like this doesn't warrant an entire course. The BB code page is self explanatory with simple examples of every code we have.

If people need some guide on this then i make it in 2-3 days with screenshots and such. A single thread is more than enough for something like this.

Content Staff Magistrate

Nevermind then.
    Last edited by Narf; August 23, 2012 at 07:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12