Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenka Fubu

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign

I've added the mons of the playable clans, as well as some information (that you'll see on the clan selection menu):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ODA

Not one person in the realm took the Oda Clan seriously when Nobunaga took control. That all changed when Nobunaga destroyed Imagawa Yoshimoto's forces at the Battle of Okehazama in 1560. With only 3000 men, Nobunaga managed to return home to Kiyosu with the Lord of Suruga's head. Soon after, the Oda Clan had conquered the surrounding provinces of Mino and Ise. Their brief alliance with the Azai Clan made way for Nobunaga to reach Kyoto and expand his influence in the capital. In 1573, the Azai and Asakura clans were defeated and Nobunaga began construction his great Azuchi Castle in Omi. Recently, the Oda Clan have gained holdings in the Chugoku and northern Chubu regions. But the Oda Clan are now at war with the Mori, Takeda and Uesugi on their outside borders and the Ikko Ikki and Iga Ikki are causing trouble in the heart of Oda territory. Now is the time for the Oda Clan to crush their mighty enemies and realise Nobunaga's dream of Tenka Fubu.

HASHIBA

Coming from a poor peasantry background, Hideyoshi left home and made a living serving various samurai including the small Hachisuka Clan and the great Imagawa Clan. Yet it wasn't until he joined the Oda Clan that his skills were realised and he began to progress up the ranks. A naturally hard worker, Hideyoshi was instantly one of Nobunaga's favourite servants and slowly gained a reputation in the clan. Known as 'Monkey' by his friends and superiors, Hideyoshi was responsible for the turning of the top Saito Clan retainers to the Oda Clan in 1564, which allowed the Oda Clan to conquer Mino. After this impressive display, Hideyoshi was given the name 'Hashiba' and made one of Nobunaga's top generals, despite his background. Hideyoshi was given an army to command at the Battle of Anegawa in 1570 and helped defeat the Azai and Asakura Clans. Nobunaga now entrusts Hashiba Hideyoshi with honour of defeating the mighty Mori Clan of the Chugoku region.

TOKUGAWA

It is said that Tokugawa Ieyasu has spent most of his life in a cage. In his childhood, Ieyasu was constantly used as a hostage to various clans, especially the Imagawa. The Tokugawa were formerly vassals of the Imagawa, but Ieyasu sided with the Oda after Yoshimoto's defeat at Okehazama. This alliance remains strong and Ieyasu has shown that he will do anything for his lord, Nobunaga. With aid from the Takeda, the Tokugawa successfully defeated the last of the Imagawa. But this alliance was not to last, soon after the Tokugawa quickly ended all ties to the Takeda. It was at the hands of the Tokugawa that Takeda Shingen meet his demises at the Battle of Nagashino in 1575 and now it is time for the Tokugawa to finish what they have started and annihilate last of the Takeda forces, led by Takeda Katsuyori.

AKECHI

Formerly allies of the Saito of Mino, the Akechi Clan became retainers of the Oda after Nobunaga's conquest of that province. Although seen as one of the Oda Clan's best generals, Akechi Mitsuhide is constantly insulted and tested by Nobunaga who looks more favourably on the likes of Shibata Katsuie and Hashiba Hideyoshi. Perhaps now is the time to prove to Nobunaga that the Akechi are a force to be feared and respected. Only by severing the head of the Oda Clan will the Akechi be free.

SHIBATA

Shibata Katsuie has long served the Oda Clan, particularly under Nobunaga's bother, Nobuyuki. When Nobunaga was deemed unfit to rule the Oda Clan in 1556, it was Shibata Katsuie who launched the coup against him. This was when Nobunaga first showed his brilliance and Katsuie was defeated at the Battle of Ino. Even though Nobuyuki was executed, Nobunaga was impressed with Katsuie's loyalty to Nobuyuki and spared his life. Since then, Katsuie has fully devoted himself to Nobunaga and has become one of his most loyal retainers. Katsuie has always fought at Nobunaga's side but has now been given the provinces of Kaga and Echizen. From here, the Shibata will lead a crusade against the exalted Uesugi warrior monks of Echigo province.

DATE

Date Terumune is slowly expanding the territory of the great Date Clan. The fierce warriors of the Date currently have a stronghold the northern territory of Iwate. Yet the long-time allies of the Date, the Hatakeyama have declared war. It is Terumune's duty as a daimyo to push back these traitors and then use this victory so that one day his clan may be strong enough to rule all of the Tohoku region.

TAKEDA

When Takeda Shingen died in 1573, the Takeda Clan lost the greatest leader they had ever known. Not long after, the Tiger of Kai's lifelong rival, Uesugi Kenshin also passed away. Even though the rival warlords are gone, the clans are still at war. Yet there is a greater threat in the west. The expansion of the Oda Clan and its allies has hastened. The Tokugawa of the Tokai region are charged with destroying the Takeda and it is time for the new daimyo, Katsuyori, to defend the Takeda and one day seek retribution for the death of Takeda Shingen.

UESUGI

In the earlier years of Sengoku Jidai, the Uesugi were an influential and strong clan. Their power equalled that of the great Takeda Clan. Their leader Uesugi Kenshin was an equal to the famous Tiger of Kai, Takeda Shingen in every way. With the untimely death of Kenshin the clan was thrown into disarray a civil war broke out between Uesugi Kagekatsu and Uesugi Kagetora. Once Uesugi Kagekatsu defeats Kagetora and shows the realm that he is the rightful heir of the Uesugi clan there is the more pressing matter of the Oda forces lead by Shibata Katsuie to the west and the unsettled dispute with the Takeda.

UKITA

Formerly vassals of the old Urakami Clan, the Ukita have gained independence and become strong, as their old masters have weakened. Currently serving with the Mori Clan of Chugoku, the Ukita are the first line of defence for Mori Terumoto and his army. The Oda forces move west into Chugoku, led by Hashiba Hideyoshi. The Ukita are now wedged between two powerful clans and much choose which one will be of greater use in their goal to become a formidable force in Western Japan.

OTOMO

Of the few Christian clans in Japan, none is more famous than the Otomo Clan of northern Kyushu. The clan is led by the great Otomo Sorin. A large part of Kyushu is already under Otomo control and it would not take much effort to conquer the rest. The only threat is the dissident Shimazu Clan of Satsuma province. If the Otomo can defeat the Shimazu and push back the Mori, all of Kyushu will kneel to the zealous Otomo Clan. A Christian daimyo will one day become the master of Kyushu!

SHIMAZU

Training daily on the beaches of Satsuma has hardened the Shimazu into Legendary Swordsman. Their recent endeavours to liberate Osumi Province from their long-time rivals the Ito Clan have led to several successful battles which have weakened the hold of the Ito in the area. But just as the Ito threat wades, Otomo Sorin of northern Kyushu is expanding his lands in the name of Christianity. If the Otomo are unable to be stopped soon, Kyushu will be thrown into a massive religious war. And the Shimazu are the only warriors capable of putting an end to the tyranny of the Otomo clan and their foreign allies.

Quote Originally Posted by iqwerty View Post
    I would still suggest having Oda instead of the Imperial household controlling Kyoto because... that's what happened. The emperor and his court had to survive on donations from daimyo since they lost all their fiefs to the samurai class. No fief = no reliable income = no army. Oda and Toyotomi eventually gave the emperor 7000 koku land, which meant the emperor was able to raise an army of... 700 max. Of course he didn't because this income would be used to pay the courtiers, run superstitious ceremonies and maintaining the palace.
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's possible to actually give clans extra provinces. As it is, I've had to settle with moving them around. The Oda for example, in Tenka Fubu own all provinces that the Azai had (just Omi), the Shibata own all of the Ikko Ikki ones. I've tried adding provinces to clans, but it just ended up being a nightmare of crashes and bugs.

I could have the Imperial Court as a vassal of the Oda, however. But I'm not sure if they were that reliant on him. And I don't think I should move Oda to Kyoto because his main castle was Azuchi in Omi province.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaie View Post
    Oh man. Yoshimoto is looking awesome. It's too bad we can't have finger-biting animations .

And maybe a little fan and sit him in a palanquin?
    Like this:
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 07, 2012 at 11:53 PM.

~ Click the image above to check out my mods ~
    Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

This seems to really be coming together nicely Bro.

I seem to quite like you making those aristocrat type dudes myself. Imagawa looks Bad to the Bone.

Ok, so you've all seen some non-playable generals (Imagawa Yoshimoto, Fujiwara no Sakihisa, etc.).

But now I've decided to show you all 11 of the playable Daimyo in all of their glory:

In order:
    Oda Nobunaga, Hashiba Hideyoshi, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Akechi Mitsuhide, Shibata Katsuie, Date Terumune, Takeda Katsuyori, Uesugi Kagekatsu, Ukita Naoie, Otomo Sorin, Shimazu Yoshihiro

A huge thanks to BullGod for permission to use some of his own Daimyo models in the Tenka Fubu Campaign.
    (Tokugawa, Date, Takeda & Shimazu)
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 09, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Very nice! This is coming along very nicely.....may I suggest though a kabuto-less Shibata Katsuie. I mean sure he has a kabuto....its kinda weird, even for my tastes. He's tastes for the aesthetics leaves much to be desired.

Here in kabuto-less versions...

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    [...]
    Finally, a good image of Katsuie-dono. Thanks Erwin.
    The Date Clan shall receive an extra 20 koku in the Tenka Fubu Campaign.

I shall get to removing his helmet (and maybe adding that bird crest to his dou) right away.
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 09, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Icon5 Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign

Wow great stuff, I eagerly await this indeed. May I please humbly request something:
    I know it may be at the very least of the agenda list but I would greatly wish to see a 12 TPY.

I like as much time to be immersed in the campaign as long as I can...

PS: @Rommel, gomenasai I know I requested this with the Seki campaign...

arigato

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Here is kabuto-less Shibata Katsuie:

Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    Wow great stuff, I eagerly await this indeed. May I please humbly request something:
    I know it may be at the very least of the agenda list but I would greatly wish to see a 12 TPY.

I like as much time to be immersed in the campaign as long as I can...

PS: @Rommel, gomenasai I know I requested this with the Seki campaign...

arigato
    In the default Shogun 2 Campaign, you have a selection between "Short", "Long" and "Domination" Campaigns, which extend the play time and increase the amount of provinces needed for victory.

However, I have also implemented a 12 TPY just for you; dou itashimashite
    Allowing the Domination Campaign to go up to 1440 turns!

The Tenka Fubu Campaign will be released with an easy-to-use launcher which I am currently working on alongside the mod itself. The launcher is aimed at allowing users to quickly switch between the Tenka Fubu Campaign and Shogun 2 (and possibly their own mods that they already have for Shogun 2). Before switching, however, users will have the opportunity to select the gameplay changes that they want, such as 12 TPY.

Images of the Launcher:

P.S. If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my Improved Campaign Map mod for a taste of what the map is like in the Tenka Fubu Campaign.
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 13, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

+rep yata!! Thanks for hearing my request!!

I must say how polished everything looks as well with a great launcher!
    Will the options have pop-up descriptions of the menu item (i.e: enhanced gameplay, etc)?

PS: some Daimyos look so much better without kabuto, great work Hayabusa-sensei!
    Last edited by yobi_uk; September 10, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty

bladeroffire's Avatar Libertus

hayabusa has Rep woooo.

--------------------------------------------------------
    The Tenka Fubu Campaign | Alpha Tester
    The Taiheiki Campaign | Alpha Tester

I've added a count-down to Beta release in the second post on the first page. Just to tease you all
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 14, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Now with Beta Countdown!

lol i thought you had already started on the diplomacy?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeroffire View Post
    lol i thought you had already started on the diplomacy?
    I did. That's why most of it is in Green
    Editing the i2_ary values in order to change the clan's attitudes to each other is a pain though and I've asked Akaie a bit about it, but haven't really had much of a chance to get any solid work done on it.

Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    [...]Will the options have pop-up descriptions of the menu item (i.e: enhanced gameplay, etc)?[...]
    Yes. I have implemented popup tool-tips that will appear when you hover over the items in the options menu. They'll offer a brief description of what each option does.

Be aware, however, the options shown in the launcher screenshots above will not be the same when the game is publicly released. I can only 100% confirm Improved Campaign Map, 12 Turns Per Year and the Bonus Campaigns at the moment.

I will take this chance to point out the lack of some useless vassals in the new map (which you can see on the first post). No longer are there clans such as the Shinano-no-Takeda (Takeda of Shinano) or Edo-no-Hojo (Hojo of Edo). Now these 'vassals', which were really just extensions of their parent clans, are now just that: extensions of their parent clans. This means that some clans can move their troops around easier and they are more likely to be a threat later in the game.

Which means the the playable clans now start with a different number of provinces:
    Oda: 4
    Tokugawa: 3
    Takeda: 2 + 1 Vassal
    Date: 1
    Uesugi: 1 + 1 Vassal
    Shibata: 2
    Shimazu: 1
    Otomo: 2 + 1 Vassal
    Akechi: 1
    Hashiba: 1
    Ukita: 2
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi View Post
    I did. That's why most of it is in Green
    Editing the i2_ary values in order to change the clan's attitudes to each other is a pain though and I've asked Akaie a bit about it, but haven't really had much of a chance to get any solid work done on it.
    oh ok makes a bit more sense now.

I'm looking forward to this, it's looking good so far.

This is looking great--I look forward to leading the Hashiba (big surprise there, eh? ) to victory!

I just played 2 campaigns on Shogun 2 and got bored, but this mod really makes me want to play it !

+Rep ! Come on guys, give a Rep Shower to Hayabusa !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

raffychan's Avatar Libertus

its the Campaign ready yet?

Quote Originally Posted by raffychan View Post
    its the Campaign ready yet?
    Not quite yet. It is really close though. After the final stage of diplomacy is done. I'll do a couple of run-throughs of the campaign myself for testing, then it will be released to the public!

I'm not going to put out an official release date just yet (because if I come across a large bug, it'll take a while to fix). But the release date will be announced soon, and it will not take long between the release date announcement and the release itself. Thanks to everyone for their support and I can assure you that you will soon be rewarded.

And don't forget you can watch a (relatively) live update of the mod's progress over on the first page (post 2).
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 14, 2012 at 01:19 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Oh yeah....nearly all "green" to go....woohoo

May "Unit Variety" be implemented... just hoping...sheesh.

To celebrate the 3 months since my beginning of the project, I've made the first couple of posts look a little nicer.

Oh, and I also may have announced the release date in post 2...
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 15, 2012 at 02:09 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance