Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenka Fubu

bladeroffire's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi View Post
    Also, if you've been following the Teiheiki Campaign you may have noticed that I've added unique bonuses and effects to the clans in it. I plan on doing the exact same thing for Tenka Fubu, a unique bonus for each clan. (improved tax income, more recruitment per turn, more movement per turn, better samurai units, etc.)
    I know that there was a brief discussion here about what each clan's effect should be before, but I'm stating another one.

So, what effect do you think suits the following clans so that they each play differently?:
    • Hashiba
    • Shimazu
    • Akechi
    • Ukita
    • Date
    • Oda
    • Takeda
    • Tokugawa
    • Uesugi
    • Shibata
    • Honganji
    • Otomo
    • Hashiba~ improved movement range on the campaign map?
    • Shimazu~ superior katana hero??
    • Akechi~ superior matchlock units
    • Ukita~morale?
    • Date~ tatchi and no dachi? maybe european design warships?
    • Oda~ more repression in all provinces oda was mean?
    • Takeda~ cav that can climb vertical walls superior cav
    • Tokugawa~ ashigaru units?
    • Uesugi~monks
    • Shibata~ yari
    • Honganji~ have an entire set of there own unit any ways thank to ikko ikki
    • Otomo~ cheaper European imported stuff such as matchlocks and European ships

--------------------------------------------------------
    The Tenka Fubu Campaign | Alpha Tester
    The Taiheiki Campaign | Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi View Post
    So, what effect do you think suits the following clans so that they each play differently?:
    • Hashiba
    • Shimazu
    • Akechi
    • Ukita
    • Date
    • Oda
    • Takeda
    • Tokugawa
    • Uesugi
    • Shibata
    • Honganji
    • Otomo

A few ideas based on what I know about these clans...
    • Hashiba - Movement range, start with a higher command level Hideyoshi?
    • Shimazu - superior melee and armour perhaps. Shimazu Yoshihisa beat 3000 Ito troops with 300 for a reason.
    • Akechi - Diplomacy. Akechi Mitsuhide served the last Ashikaga shogun before Oda and he had good connections with the Imperial Court too.
    • Ukita - Can't think much. More tax income?
    • Date - does not suffer from winter attrition and can replenish in enemy territory like Jozai in FotS?
    • Oda - considerably larger units but nerfed stats. The Oda clan did not have a good army historically but relied on superior numbers and supply. Shorter recruitment time would also fit.
    • Takeda - cavalry and higher repression. Takeda clan was the second clan after the Imagawa to make their own written law.
    • Tokugawa - higher morale and better samurai stats with lower maintenance cost. Mikawa samurai were always proud of their "Mikawa spirits" and Tokugawa Ieyasu even led them to a tactical victory against Hashiba Hideyoshi's force that was much larger. Slightly smaller samurai units could balance it.
    • Uesugi - better trade, less resistance in conquered territories, faster building speed at lower cost like vanilla Hojo.
    • Shibata - a more experienced general unit, again not much I can think of. Maybe better charge?
    • Honganji - lower stats, almost no armour but almost unbreakable morale?
    • Otomo - better gunpowder units. Importable cannon units. Pre-established trade with Korea and China.

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.3 - Clan Effects & Bonuses Suggestions Now Open!

Takeda - Mounted units ride 2 horses each!

Also Takeda units could run a bit faster than the other clans to achieve the "fu(wind)" and "ka(fire)" in furinkazan

bladeroffire's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.3 - Clan Effects & Bonuses Suggestions Now Open!

Quote Originally Posted by Nujabes View Post
    Takeda - Mounted units ride 2 horses each!
    Like this?

--------------------------------------------------------
    The Tenka Fubu Campaign | Alpha Tester
    The Taiheiki Campaign | Alpha Tester

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.4 Out Now!!

Version 1.0.4 Released

~ Click the image above to check out my mods ~
    Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Stunning mod , thank you very much for your dedication ,much appreciated !

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

+rep for you..great mod!

Just started up a tokugawa campaign, when I moused over a takeda army, it said their yari and bow cav had 63 morale. :s UI bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayleopard View Post
    Just started up a tokugawa campaign, when I moused over a takeda army, it said their yari and bow cav had 63 morale. :s UI bug?
    This may be an issue with the new Clan Effects. I'll have a look when I get back to my main PC.

And, if it is an error with the Clan Effects, I'll release a spot-fix (Version 1.0.4a)
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; January 10, 2013 at 02:43 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Yeah it's rather bizzare. The morale was crazy for the Shimazu as well, and the ukita loan sword that you start with have 54 attack. o_o

Yup..i saw something strange....63 charge at date...the clan effects are way too high

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.4a Patch Coming Soon

Version 1.0.4a Released!

I've adjusted the clan effects to hopefully be more balanced. (I couldn't test it, so I'm just hoping... )

If you downloaded v1.0.4, you can just download the 1.0.4a patch here.
    If you're new to the Tenka Fubu Campaign, or have v1.0.3 or earlier, go here to download the latest version (with the patch included).

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.4a Patch Out Now!!

i started with hashiba...clan management but no clan effects..

I am still not understanding the installation process. When I think I install it correctly and go to play it, then the game crashes as soon as the intro video starts after the main screen. I do not have a user script file...so its not that.

What I have done so far:

Take the Tenka Fubu and the Options folder (that is in the /data/ folder in the main TF folder..which I thought was confusing but I guess you were just telling people to put those folders into the total war shogun 2/data/ folder...) and put those two folders into the data folder. Start the launcher and then pick which campaign you want which will put those pack files into the main shogun 2 data folder and then pick the options. I have done that and it still crashed.

I also manually took all of the .PACK files from those two folders and inserted them directly into the data folder.

I do not have any mods, I got rid of Sekigahara before doing all of this. I still have no idea why it is crashing...

Also..what is that 00tenkafubu12ty.mmi file?

I did find something interesting though..so I reinstalled Shogun 2 and started it up and noticed in the corner it says build v1.10 and some string of numbers after it and the underneath that it says (modded)...so does that mean that I did not get all mods out of the folder...?
    Last edited by familyguy1; January 13, 2013 at 03:56 PM.

The Great War Mod for NTW!

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    I did find something interesting though..so I reinstalled Shogun 2 and started it up and noticed in the corner it says build v1.10 and some string of numbers after it and the underneath that it says (modded)...so does that mean that I did not get all mods out of the folder...?
    Yes, you still have modded files in there. Is this a fresh install or a backup install of shogun 2?
    Try Verifying your cache, (Properties tab) then start the game to see if the issue is resolved.
    Try deleting all the data pack files then verifying the cache.
    Are you launching the launcher from the shogun 2 steam folder?
    DON'T manually move the files from the folders.

I accidently removed the folders and launcher once before I reverted to vanilla, which screwed up everything for me.

I believe the file '00tenkafubu12ty.mmi' is the option for 12 turns per year from the launcher.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    Yes, you still have modded files in there. Is this a fresh install or a backup install of shogun 2?
    Try Verifying your cache, (Properties tab) then start the game to see if the issue is resolved.
    Try deleting all the data pack files then verifying the cache.
    Are you launching the launcher from the shogun 2 steam folder?
    DON'T manually move the files from the folders.

I accidently removed the folders and launcher once before I reverted to vanilla, which screwed up everything for me.

I believe the file '00tenkafubu12ty.mmi' is the option for 12 turns per year from the launcher.
    Fresh reinstall as is I deleted it from Steam and reinstalled it. Noticed the Tenka Fubu launcher still in there so I will try your way.

So when I have those two folders in the data folder and i use the launcher and choose the Tenka Fubu campaign, those pack files should still show up in the main data folder after I have chosen that option correct?

Fresh reinstall as is I deleted it from Steam and reinstalled it. Noticed the Tenka Fubu launcher still in there so I will try your way.

So when I have those two folders in the data folder and i use the launcher and choose the Tenka Fubu campaign, those pack files should still show up in the main data folder after I have chosen that option correct?
    Yes, just make sure that the laucher file is in the same folder as the .exe when launched. If starting the Tenka Fubu campaign doesn't work then try switching back to vanilla to see if it works then back to Tenka Fubu.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Huzzah! I got it all figured out! Thank you.

I've been playing as the Ukita and it has been a very enjoyable playthrough.

Huzzah! I got it all figured out! Thank you.

I've been playing as the Ukita and it has been a very enjoyable playthrough.
    That's good to hear.

Sorry that I wasn't around to help with your installation problems, but thanks to Gorhaax for helping.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance