Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenka Fubu

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.2 Released!

I happened to watch Kagemusha last night, and although Nobunaga has a small role in the film, I was fascinated with him.I did a little reading and decided it was time to start an Oda campaign, and just by luck found your mod.

Downloading now.

thanks!
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

WOW! It is really good! very good in fact...Keep going..

Hey, just finished my first Takeda campaign with the mod, on Normal (ver. 1.0.1).
    Here's some comments/feedback:
    - Economy seemed balanced, with trade between clans having some importance to the income but not that much (which I liked). I couldn't get any of those trading points, as I didn't bother with having a navy.
    - AI armies (mid- to end-game) consisted mainly with yari samurai (backbone) and some archer units (bow wako, especially). Some clans did have very balanced armies (attacking+support+range) and one even focused on monk units. However they rarely used any ashigaru units and almost no teppo units.
    - I liked how the AI used their metsukes, ninjas and monks effectively.

I don't have much experience with the game, only played a campaign in vanilla half-way and one full with the Sekigahara mod (both in Easy), so this comments may be trivial to you.
    Anyway, I enjoyed the mod very much and I'm looking forward to play another campaign with the new version. Don't know which clan to pick though, probably Akechi or Ukita.

Black_Watch42's Avatar Libertus

Played a campaign on vh, pretty good so far, feedback as follows:
    -The ai recruits way to many archers and matchlocks in their ranks, about 1/3 to 1/2 of their force is range units, which leads me to my next point.
    -The combat feels to fast, not as fluid as it could be, range units kill way to fast and are like laser beams, they slaughter dozens in a single volley.
    -matchlocks don't lower morale like in vanilla, is this intended? cuz didn't they historically strike fear on the battlefield? especially with the rate they kill. make them more about fear striking than machine gun slaughter.
    -the ai doesn't accept any negotiations even when i am friendly with them and offer them money, military access, hostages etc.
    -Are all special units supposed to be available to everyone? sorry if i asked this before but it seems odd to me. for ex, other clans besides the takeda can recruit fire cavalry, is this purposeful?
    -is it possible for you to make the garrison units in sieges higher? i feel like some ai clans are wiped out instantly due to not having sufficient funds etc.
    -lastly, could you lessen how much the ai cheats? i can barely afford one stack with a handful of samurai in the early-mid game whereas my enemies are running around with 2-4 full stacks made up nearly of samurai etc and they control like 3-4 provinces, one for every province almost! I have 4-5 provinces around this time and struggle with a stack and maybe another half of one.

thanks and keep up the good work mate!

You might want to adjust the upkeep on these units. I'm still only strong I guess I should probably expand pretty soon after all I'm at war with chosokabe, I think I'll be strong enough to take them on pretty soon
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you make honganji a regular(non tutorial) playable clan can you make their capitol in Settsu, if it's more historical then being on shikoku?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by wealthmonger; November 06, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Executr, Black_Watch42 and wealthmonger for those tips. I'll probably get around to doing some more re-balancing in the next couple of updates, fine-tuning it until it's perfect.

And I'm glad that new people are finding my mod and enjoying it

~ Click the image above to check out my mods ~
    Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I wish we can make that maedate BE AN USHIRODATE.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Ushirodate

Sigh if only. Both Seki and Tenka will have otaku gasms.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Just tried this mod after coming from the Sekigahara Campaign. Just some thoughts:

1)I would like to see the playable factions have more unique variation to them aesthetically. In the Sekigahara Campaign, the various factions had their clan symbol on the Ashigaru and the colors were slightly modified.

2) I would also like to see matchlock ashigaru have all ranks firing at once or at least have the ability for the player to choose to have this feature.

3) As stated before by others, upkeep needs to be revisited and more balanced.

4)I love the factions and how polished it is for the most part. I also love the starting armies you give us upon starting a new campaign. It puts you right into the action and yet its not to the point where its OP. I hope you keep that design choice for future updates.

5)I would like to see more clan traits to keep things varied.

Loving the mod. This is right up there with the Sekigahara Campaign for me. Just needs a few more things which I know will come with time since you're are still working on the mod.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooChildx88 View Post
    Just tried this mod after coming from the Sekigahara Campaign. Just some thoughts:

1)I would like to see the playable factions have more unique variation to them aesthetically. In the Sekigahara Campaign, the various factions had their clan symbol on the Ashigaru and the colors were slightly modified.

2) I would also like to see matchlock ashigaru have all ranks firing at once or at least have the ability for the player to choose to have this feature.

3) As stated before by others, upkeep needs to be revisited and more balanced.

4)I love the factions and how polished it is for the most part. I also love the starting armies you give us upon starting a new campaign. It puts you right into the action and yet its not to the point where its OP. I hope you keep that design choice for future updates.

5)I would like to see more clan traits to keep things varied.

Loving the mod. This is right up there with the Sekigahara Campaign for me. Just needs a few more things which I know will come with time since you're are still working on the mod.
    I agree with all that's been mentioned above, especially upkeep.
    Clan specialization is severely needed ... For example Akechi with advanced matchlock units or Shibata / Maeda( hopefully will be added as playable clan in future) with advanced yari units (unique look and stats) .. They can also be economic bonuses too if military doesn't exist historically .
    Everything is perfect with this mod in my opinion it's just lacking some clan uniqueness which make each clan worth playing if you know what I mean .

Oh and wasn't this period of time centered around Ashigaru warfare ? Would be nice if it would be Ashigaru core and Samurai as support.
    Last edited by Tada Katsu Nomi !!!; November 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Avoiding double posting and adding more to what I wanted to say

Here's what I've got penciled in for unique units per clan:

+ Otomo - European Mercinaries and European Ships
    + Shimazu - Unique Katana and Tachi Ashigaru and Samurai
    + Akechi - Unique Matchlocks
    + Ukita - Can't think of one... improved ships... improved samurai... anyone got ideas?
    + Oda - Unique Ashigaru (Bow, Katana, Matchlock, Naginata, Yari)
    + Date - Unique Tachi and No-Dachi Ashigaru and Samurai
    + Takeda - Unique Cavalry (Light, Bow, Yari, Katana, Great Guard)
    + Tokugawa - Unique Kisho Ninja
    + Shibata - Unique seige equipment (Canons, Fire Projectiles, Fire Rockets)
    + Hashiba - Unique Ashigaru (Longer Travel Distance) (Bow, Katana, Matchlock, Naginata, Yari)

I'm still thinking of the economic bonuses to each clan, or if they'll have them...

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi View Post

+ Ukita - Can't think of one... improved ships... improved samurai... anyone got ideas?
    + Hashiba - Unique Ashigaru (Longer Travel Distance) (Bow, Katana, Matchlock, Naginata, Yari)

I'm still thinking of the economic bonuses to each clan, or if they'll have them...

I've personally given up on learning how to use Kisho ninja, others disagree of course ..
    Anyways, can't the Shibata have better spearman instead ? About the Ukita .. Hmmmm if you improve all their Samurai it would make them overpowered so maybe swordsmen ? Or Monk units ? How about basing it on their starting province ? For example, having a Buddhist temple then they have improved monks or if Iron then uhhh either superior melee units or bow units .. Hashiba, a bonus that gives a slight edge on the battlefield like slightly higher fatigue resistance maybe ? ...
    Just some ideas that crossed my mind .

Edit: oh and matchlocks historically prove that they had longer range than bow units + I think that a range of 125 isnt pretty useful since the movement speed of units is too fast they don't even get a chance to fire on all ranks
    Last edited by Tada Katsu Nomi !!!; November 15, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

Black_Watch42's Avatar Libertus

I would agree with superior spear troops for the military specialty, also wasn't Minamoto Musashi born in Mimasaka? maybe their clan trait could be recruiting samurai heroes units earlier/cheaper?

My idea for the Hashiba was to make the movement of the Ashigaru further each season. It doesn't make them better in a combat / battle situation, but it will help with moving armies of Ashigaru around the campaign map itself. I was inspired by the fact that Hideyoshi managed to move his army all the way from fighting the Mori clan, to Yamazaki and attack Akechi Mitsuhide in a matter of days. Do people like this, or would you prefer an in-battle or economic bonus?

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Libertus

The movement bonus is a nice idea especially early game and of historical facts .. Since for me and possibly most players "battle" is part to look forward to .. From the many tv shows I've watched (not sure if it was fiction) but Hideyoshi had to gather a huge sum of money in a very short amount of time which was impossible and accomplished it that would translate to bonus trade income maybe ? Or a commerce boost ? .. The final call is yours anyways, it's your mod after all .

They can have both traits can't they ? Since vanilla had the same idea like Uesugi for example ( bonus trade income, cheaper superior monks)

Quote Originally Posted by Tada Katsu Nomi !!! View Post
    The movement bonus is a nice idea especially early game and of historical facts .. Since for me and possibly most players "battle" is part to look forward to .. From the many tv shows I've watched (not sure if it was fiction) but Hideyoshi had to gather a huge sum of money in a very short amount of time which was impossible and accomplished it that would translate to bonus trade income maybe ? Or a commerce boost ? .. The final call is yours anyways, it's your mod after all .

They can have both traits can't they ? Since vanilla had the same idea like Uesugi for example ( bonus trade income, cheaper superior monks)
    I'll see what I can do. I like the idea of having longer travel range ashigaru as well as improved trade income, but only time will tell what I can do with Clan Traits.

In the meantime, there have been some changes to how the clan roster works.
    • The Hashiba Clan no longer require the Ikko Ikki DLC to play!
    • The Otomo are not playable normally, but can still be played as using a new Chosokabe Tutorial Campaign option via the launcher.
    • The Honganji Clan are now playable if you have the Ikko Ikki DLC!
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; November 16, 2012 at 04:49 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi View Post

I understand that you are aiming for different bonuses for each clan but would it not make more sense to give the Date and the Shimazu (especially them) bonuses related to firearms (better units or easier access)?
    EDIT: Something similar for the Tokugawa, possibly also better and more cannons.
    Last edited by Elianus; November 16, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Hey, had to create a account because i can't figure out this problem and no one talking on the thread seemed to have it. I downloaded the mod everything is in order, I can start the game from launcher etc... but when the game loads it even though i have Tenka Fubu Campaign selected it just loads in vanilla shogun 2.

Any ideas on our to fix this would be great;y appreciated.

Libertus

Honganji !!! when will these things be implemented ?
    Oh and about the bonus campaigns .. Is it like the original ? I mean you win if you capture a couple of provinces? Or takes as long as a normal campaign ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tada Katsu Nomi !!! View Post
    Honganji !!! when will these things be implemented ?
    Oh and about the bonus campaigns .. Is it like the original ? I mean you win if you capture a couple of provinces? Or takes as long as a normal campaign ?
    I know from playing all clans playable mod that the bonus campaign is just like the normal campaign and not the actual tutorial. It may even not have a time limit or a end goal like the other mod; But this is just a guess do to not being able to actually play this mod yet.

Libertus

Follow the steps exactly like the instructions in the read me .. I had the same problem but then I found additional files spawned in the tanka fubu folder in the shogun 2 folder (not data) so I moved them to the data folder (they were .pack and .m smthng) .. When I loaded it up again it worked.