Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenka Fubu

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign

The more I think about it, you should most definitely do strong, one man general units. Actually, maybe not all generals, but the name brand famous ones.

It's like Akaie said, there is an unmistakeable similarity to The Sekigahara Campaign. You're not gonna do the Seki thing any better than those guys have already done, and are currently doing. That's not an insult to you, but a compliment to them. They have spent alot of time ironing out every kink in that mod, and if they haven't done it, the game probably doesn't allow it to be done.

So, in my humble opinion, you need to try to do everything you can to seperate yourself from them and be original, and one-man general units would be one thing. I see alot of dudes out there crying for a Sengoku Basara mod, maybe you could lean more in that direction, at least with the way you set up your units tables and abilities and such.

I'm definitely eager to see what you come up with, there can never be too many S2 mods.

Hey everyone!

What do you think of this new maedate for the Ukita Daimyo? His helmet looked a bit bland before, but I still haven't decided whether or not I like this new look. (If you can't see it, its a metal plate with the Ukita mon on it)

Thoughts?

Edit: Upon doing some further research, I'm come to the decision that the Ashikaga family held almost no power in Kyoto since 1573(ish). With my campaign starting in 1580 the question arose "Which clan should own Kyoto?". Luckily the answer has been staring me in the face the whole time. A family that has lived in Kyoto since before the time of shoguns. The Imperial Family.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 06, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

~ Click the image above to check out my mods ~
    Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Akaie-sama will be most pleased.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

So, in order to take Kyoto you'll have to fight the Emperor?

Huh? Why do you ask that?

EDIT: Oh. Didnt see the edit. Oh well, you can always be political about it and say its the Imperial Household led by evil court officials who are leading the wise tenno-heika astray, thus the Dai Rokuten Maou intends to ride into Kyoto and restore order for the tenno-heika.
    Last edited by Erwin Rommel; September 06, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

Quote Originally Posted by Taishō View Post
    So, in order to take Kyoto you'll have to fight the Emperor?
    At the moment, yeah. But it is possible (although very difficult) to make the Emperor your "vassal". Also, the Tenka Fubu Campaign doesn't require you to take Kyoto unless you're playing the Domination / Shogunate Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    ...Oh. Didnt see the edit. Oh well, you can always be political about it and say its the Imperial Household led by evil court officials who are leading the wise tenno-heika astray, thus the Dai Rokuten Maou intends to ride into Kyoto and restore order for the tenno-heika.
    'Cause that's what Demon Kings do in their spare time
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 06, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Akaie-sama will be most pleased.
    I'm pretty sure my birthday is now the 7th of September .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

[...] led by evil court officials[...]
    Why are court officials and nobles always scheming and evil?

because they have no eyebrows, they powder themselves white and blacken there teeth.

So we're actually fighting this guy (and not the Emperor) if we're attacking Kyoto in Tenka Fubu:

(Sorry for the large image but I couldn't find a smaller version.)

Ah Konoe-kun. I see you have been convinced by Oda Nobuna as well.

Something like this then?:

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

bladeroffire's Avatar Libertus

roflmao
    if you declare war on the imperial family shouldn't it hurt your diplomatic relationships in some way shape or form?
    just a suggestion.

--------------------------------------------------------
    The Tenka Fubu Campaign | Alpha Tester
    The Taiheiki Campaign | Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi View Post
    Something like this then?:

This is actually perfect. Just call them Imperial Court or something instead of some name which can be tied to the Emperor directly. The faction "daimyo"'s, some court official instead of the tenno heika.

Oh and ....something is jutting out of his eboshi court cap.

Lemme guess....another....court cap.

(I saw that dude in the Shimazu Faction intro, he was wearing another less than tall court cap.)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeroffire View Post
    ...if you declare war on the imperial family shouldn't it hurt your diplomatic relationships in some way shape or form?...
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure, because I based the Imperial House on the Ashikaga, the effect remains and I think it still causes Realm Divide. Which kinda makes sense now, the whole country turning on you because you attacked the Emperor works better than them turning on you because you attacked a weak and powerless Shogun.

I'll have to play around some more and see what happens with the Imperial House, whether it causes Realm Divide or not, and I'll have to edit some of the effects of Realm Divide if it does.

But, as I mentioned earlier, capturing Kyoto is only needed in the "Shogunate Campaign" (Domination Campaign). The other campaigns ("Tenka Fubu" and "Taiko") don't require it.

This is actually perfect. Just call them Imperial Court or something instead of some name which can be tied to the Emperor directly. The faction "daimyo"'s, some court official instead of the tenno heika...
    Maybe the Daijo-daijin (Chancellor of the Realm) or Kampaku (Regent)? Which would be Konoe Sakihisa or Kujō Kanetaka respectively.

Anyway, here's some screenshots showing some units from a couple of the new Custom Battle exclusive clans: The Azai and Asakura:

Azai:

Asakura:

And I also made the maedate on the Ukita daimyo a bit smaller to be a bit more realistic (more like Akaie's avatar?)

Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 06, 2012 at 09:40 PM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

The more depth is pretty nice . Though, it does make the clan crest hard to see. Perhaps try to keep the depth of the cloud with the ascension of the character, but making that depth and the bits between the cloud and the edge of the crest a bit more smooth?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I'm starting to like making these Court Offical / Aristocratic looking people.

Here's Imagawa Yoshimoto (only available in Custom Battles):

And an update on the Ukita Maedate (not so bumpy now and you can actually see the 兒 in the middle):

I've fixed the problem with the Imperial Daimyo having two caps.
    Thanks to Erwin Rommel for pointing that out and suggesting the Shimazu Campaign guy.

Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; September 07, 2012 at 02:58 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

bladeroffire's Avatar Libertus

@hayabusa instead of realm divide wouldn't it be more realistic if it was a flat negative diplomatic effect. like the fact that you just declared war on the emperor is a massive offence or not?

--------------------------------------------------------
    The Tenka Fubu Campaign | Alpha Tester
    The Taiheiki Campaign | Alpha Tester

Oh man. Yoshimoto is looking awesome. It's too bad we can't have finger-biting animations .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I would still suggest having Oda instead of the Imperial household controlling Kyoto because... that's what happened. The emperor and his court had to survive on donations from daimyo since they lost all their fiefs to the samurai class. No fief = no reliable income = no army. Oda and Toyotomi eventually gave the emperor 7000 koku land, which meant the emperor was able to raise an army of... 700 max. Of course he didn't because this income would be used to pay the courtiers, run superstitious ceremonies and maintaining the palace.