Thread: Loading Screens

Default Loading Screens

Hi guys,

I was looking at the loading screens and have realised that some more variation would not be a bad thing for them, so I have started to put together a few more by making use of the same methods your team has used, such as taking screenshot images from trailers from Warhammer Online. Currently, I have made one for Malekith by using one of the Warhammer: Battle Front trailers, and am planning to do one background showing Orcs, one showing Dwarves and one showing Chaos, to give us a small taste of the lesser seen factions of this mod.

Would you be interested in seeing what I have done?

Malekith's Load Screen
    Lord of Change Load Screen
    Dwarf Load Screen
    Orc Load Screen
    Shadow Warrior Load Screen
    Bloodthirster Load Screen
    High Elven Archer 1 Load Screen
    High Elven Archer 2 Load Screen
    Last edited by PaulH; August 20, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Default Re: Loading Screens

Very nicely done! +rep
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Sure mate! That's very appreciated.
    For the sundering campaign we are using loading screens about elves, but we will use everything you can send us.
    Regards!

Awesome! I'm so glad you guys like what I have so far, and I'll continue to post up links to the other ones I do. When it comes to the non-elf loading screens, I'm aiming to only have one devoted to each of the non-elf factions, and with any luck I will find a way of adding a few more elven ones so that the appearance of the Orc, Dwarf and Daemon loading screens are rare.

Once I have done the loading screens I have aimed to do, we'd need to find some method of passing you guys the full-sized .tga versions of these pictures, rather than the .jpg I host on imageshack.us.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Loading Screens - Updated First Post Once More For Good Luck

Paul, you can upload a package to mediafire.com and send us the link.
    Are you interested to join the team and help us with other 2d stuff aswell?
    Regards!

Default Re: Loading Screens - Updated First Post Once More For Good Luck

Interested in joining the team? That'd be an honour! But, I doubt I really have the skills to deserve to be part of it. I've modded Warcraft 3 and a tiny bit of Dawn of War, but most of my stuff to do with 2d was very simple things, unit lists and tech trees were always my strong point. However! I would be very glad to help if I can, even if you guys merely need someone to recolour a texture or spend time putting together icons. I'm a newb at Total War modding though, but if you guys need anything, then let me know and I'll try.

I joined Mediafire and have hosted the images up in a .rar file, which I hope is fine for you guys.

They are here.

Obviously if I give you guys any more help I'll provide the links over Private Messages, but considering anyone with a tiny bit of Total War modding knowledge could turn my picture links into useable loading screens, I think it's okay to have this one public.

Also, though I doubt you guys think it is needed, I have begun reading through my old High Elf and Wood Elf Army Books for any quotes which could turn out to be useful. I'll collect a list of them and try to incorporate them into the quote files of the mod.. and if I somehow get that to work, I'll give you guys a copy.