Thread: Pack File Manager 2.2

Default Pack File Manager 2.2

Here is the latest PFM created by Daniu over the 'pond' on the Shogun Empire threads. I am putting this up here for the ETW fans who, like me, don't care very much about Shogun since it is boring, in my opinion. Here is the link if you want to know what Daniu up to.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494248

Tutorial http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536546

When starting PFM for the first time it will open a box asking for the path to the following games STW then NTW then ETW. If you do not have any of the games then click on cancel button. You only need to do this once. The PFM works for all 3 games and you can switch between the games by going to the ''mymods'' menu then ''game'' and click on the game you want to mod.

***** Update from 20th October 2012 *****

PFM 2.4.1 - work done by Daniu

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pack...atest/download

Here is the latest schema_etw you can use to replace the old one in the pack file manager directory.

Attachment 247228
    Last edited by coolgit; October 20, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.2

Please don't link to a specific version; it'll just make people who find the link later to download an older version.
    This is the direct download link to the latest version (which I update to newer versions as I upload them).
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Consider downloading the Alpha version of the new PFM which includes a rudimentary models_building editor.

Editing and saving should work, as does copy/paste for the model entries and list items, but not in the data grid view yet. Please also check if I broke something in the editing of normal db entries.

EDIT:
    And if you know what the fields stand for, tell me so I can get rid of the "unknown"s
    Last edited by daniu; August 29, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I have changed the first 2 and another 'unknown' as that's all the information i have got. However they do not show up on the PFM as the first column remain 'unknown' but the top shows 'field' and 'value' for the columns

<schema>
    <table name='models_building_tables'>
    <field name='Building' type='string' /> ***not showing 'building' ***
    <field name='Texture Path' type='string' /> ditto
    <field name='unknown3' type='int' />
    <field name='unknown' type='list' >
    <field name='Piece ID' type='string' /> ditto
    <field name='unknown' type='int' />
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex1 x,y,z coordinate
    <field name='unknown' type='float' />
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex2 x,y,z coordinate
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex3 x,y,z coordinate
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex4 x,y,z coordinate
    </field>
    </table>
    </schema>

I already uploaded PFM 2.3 with the Model Editor now. I added some descriptions as well already, guesswork though (assumed coordinates for the 3x3 floats like you).
    Best get the release, also has copy/paste with ctrl-c/v shortcut.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

delmat's Avatar Tiro

hello I have a problem..pfm won't allow me to save my changes to packs..when I edit something (for example unit availability or limit) and click save I get prompted with something that only mod and ca files can be saved or something like that..if I cancel that and then open again that edited table I see that my changes have not been saved..any help would be appreciated and sorry if I ask a noobish or simple question..tnx for your help..

Quote Originally Posted by delmat View Post
    pfm won't allow me to save my changes to packs..when I edit something (for example unit availability or limit) and click save I get prompted with something that only mod and ca files can be saved or something like that..if I cancel that and then open again that edited table I see that my changes have not been saved..any help would be appreciated
    You shouldn't edit the game's files themselves.
    Extract the files you want to edit (for instance unit_stats_land) from the pack; create a new pack; add the previously extracted files to the new pack; edit them; install the new pack.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Updated