Thread: "Failed to find Steam"

Default "Failed to find Steam"

Odd, previously I had RS 2.5 and that worked fine but now that I've overwritten the files with 2.6 it comes up with an error with "failed to find steam" does anyone know how I could fix this?

Default Re: "Failed to find Steam"

Alot of us are suffering from it....

I've done 5 clean installs and everytime 2.5 works fine with the installer, then apply the 2.6 patch and failed to find steam again and again....

Tiro

There is on very simple solution to this problem. At least this worked for me. I have no Steam, but got this error. The problem is RS laucher.

Go to your RS directory\launcher folder and open 'launcher' configuration (settings) file.

Look for this line: "SteamLaunch=Yes"

And change it to: "SteamLaunch=No".

Now you are free to enjoy RS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    There is on very simple solution to this problem. At least this worked for me. I have no Steam, but got this error. The problem is RS laucher.

Go to your RS directory\launcher folder and open 'launcher' configuration (settings) file.

Look for this line: "SteamLaunch=Yes"

And change it to: "SteamLaunch=No".

Now you are free to enjoy RS!
    Thanks . Although before you replied I had reinstalled RS and now when I run the launcher from the launcher directory it comes up with an error, not sure why that is now...

Edit: Ran it as administrator and the failed to find steam error is still there.
    Last edited by King Beowulf; August 25, 2013 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Beowulf View Post
    Thanks . Although before you replied I had reinstalled RS and now when I run the launcher from the launcher directory it comes up with an error, not sure why that is now...

Edit: Ran it as administrator and the failed to find steam error is still there.
    After digging around some more, I found a thread this the Steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2516059 - I didn't try the first method suggested because it sounded way too drastic, but later on they suggested copying the Steam.dll file from the main Steam folder and adding it to the Rome Total War folder (or Gold, whichever version you have), and that worked for me, at least. I was able to load the game and start a Roman campaign with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by patriots190 View Post
    After digging around some more, I found a thread this the Steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2516059 - I didn't try the first method suggested because it sounded way too drastic, but later on they suggested copying the Steam.dll file from the main Steam folder and adding it to the Rome Total War folder (or Gold, whichever version you have), and that worked for me, at least. I was able to load the game and start a Roman campaign with no problems.
    It worked! +rep to you, nice work.

i had a different error related to steam, i had to click in launcher on steam yes button to get a pop up requesting my steam account, and then change the steam account that was listed there to my own