Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Skinning Tutorials.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Photoshop Skinning Tutorials.

Oh, thnks dude, but I think I'm in the wrong place coz i only have medieval 2 total war and not rome total war. Sorry but where is the section where I can learn the basics for modding medieval 2 total war?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

hehe, no worries, look in the MTW2 workshop..

Hey, Thanks for the great tutorial.
    I have a vision of re-doing the body/shield textures for Milan, Venice and Sicily using the methods learnt in your great tutorial, how then would I make the changed files ready to be downloaded by others?

Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Zip them up and either upload them to here. Mega upload will send a link to your e-mail, you post that link in a thread and people DL it. Or upload it to TWC's DL section.

Nice, thanks for the quick and very helpfull reply, so say someone did download the zipped up file, how would installation work after that? I assume that all they need to do would be to drag them into the game dir and they would overwrite?

Cheers

Blog Entries

It depends how you want to present your mod, which generally depends on what it changes. If your creating totally new skins then you need do no more than release it in a folder and link instructions on how to implement new skins. If you making replacements for vanilla skins then you can put them in a folder set which mimics the vanilla path ie Rome/data/models_unit/textures. Alternatively and the best method is to place your work in a ''-mod'' folder, there should be a tutorial for how to on the wiki (top of this page)..

Re; your Pm, I've never modded MTW2 so your better off asking in the MTW2 workshop.

Good luck.

I managed to get the Nvidia pop up once i saved because i removed the alpha check box. Then I saved. But once i open the file it says could not import the clip board because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered. Then I click ok and I saw my skin that i edited but once I play the game the druid looks like the vanilla version! please help me solve this and thanks in advance
    Last edited by The_Dark_Legion; June 17, 2008 at 01:43 PM.

Assyria Total War Leader and Skinner
    My Coin Collection (still need to upload a lot more)

+rep if you like my post and put down your name so I can return the favor
    Join the group "Hummus Lovers" if you happen to love hummus, duh!

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

can you please post a video tutorial of how we can make gloss files!!
    I cant understand from those intructions what i should do. especialy the second step is not understandable!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

How do you match up a revised skin texture with a cas file.

I want to add a crest to an existing model but I need to add the crest colour to the corresponding skin texture file.

How do I do this? Is is in photoshop and/or 3ds max?

Thanks

You need to map the crest in 3ds max - check out the tutorials on UV mapping.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

If I use a texture or a pic to use as clothing for a unit, how do I make the pic look like its being worn with wrinkles (hope its the right word to use ? Do I have to click on the layers to change the texture? is this the right way? and are their anymore photoshop skinning tutorials?

Blog Entries

If I use a texture or a pic to use as clothing for a unit, how do I make the pic look like its being worn with wrinkles (hope its the right word to use ? Do I have to click on the layers to change the texture? is this the right way? and are their anymore photoshop skinning tutorials?
    I covered this in the tutorial, right at the beginning..

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I covered this in the tutorial, right at the beginning..
    Oh, so basically its what you also did for the purple textures?
    I tried doing it, and I could see the effects of the burning tools on the back of the units in game rather in the front, I followed the tutorial step by step but I cannot understand why I can only see the wrinkles and shadow textures on back and the sides of the soldier rather than their fronts! can anyone help me with this problem?

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Ummmm...
    hi... Im new to editing stuff in PS, but I was using your tutorial and hit a very stupid (and probably idiotic) roadblock... am I supposed to RUN the file from nvidia, or SAVE it? And if I should save it... where?
    I hate to be a nuisince, but I REALLY want to change the colours of a few factions and thought this would be the guide to do it at.
    Also, is there any way I could just edit an entire factions colour rather than each individual unit?

Blog Entries

Oh, so basically its what you also did for the purple textures?
    I tried doing it, and I could see the effects of the burning tools on the back of the units in game rather in the front, I followed the tutorial step by step but I cannot understand why I can only see the wrinkles and shadow textures on back and the sides of the soldier rather than their fronts! can anyone help me with this problem?
    As you look at the texture the back of the unit is on the left and the front is on the right, test it out by colouring the right side a different colour, then you'l see how that particular model works..
    Ummmm...
    hi... Im new to editing stuff in PS, but I was using your tutorial and hit a very stupid (and probably idiotic) roadblock... am I supposed to RUN the file from nvidia, or SAVE it? And if I should save it... where?
    I hate to be a nuisince, but I REALLY want to change the colours of a few factions and thought this would be the guide to do it at.
    Also, is there any way I could just edit an entire factions colour rather than each individual unit?
    The nvidia plug in allows you to open and save dds files (RTW textures), you can save them anywhere but to get them in game you have to set up your RTW files correctly. Look for Publius's tutorial on unpacking files..

You can't edit a whole faction at once no, units have to be done individually.

OK, so i gave up on changing the colours...
    But, how do I give Triarii and Town Watch (i edited them to go phalanx and have a sword as a secondary) a visual sword for in game rendering? They use their fists instead of a sword.

Blog Entries

You need 3d max to add swords to units that don't have them.

AHHH!!!!!!
    I guess I am just not the kind of person to edit things... oh well.
    Thanks for the help though! It showed me that this community is all about helping others!

Blog Entries

Don't give up, you just need to find a unit that can replace the one you want and then edit the skin accordingly, there's hundreds of Roman units around.

Im new to modding and skinning. This tutorial looks very nice, but i cant make the Pack extractor work. Am i the only one having that problem, an is there another pack extractor for Rome TW?