Thread: the RTR map in vanilla RTW

Default the RTR map in vanilla RTW

Ive been thinking about how to do this for a while Now. Im utterly confused on how to, Im aiming to get the rome total realism map in the vanillia RTW but leaving everything else the same (the amount of factions, units etc.). Id many like to do this because I liked the feel of the vanilla more than RTR. Can someone help me.

Default Re: the RTR map in vanilla RTW

get mundus magnus or warmap. With rtr's you will have a LOT of extra work as they have different units and probably some new names + buildings. It would be an immense task

the Magnus only works on 1.2 doesnt it? And im on 1.5. could someone just give me the simplest way to get a larger map into RTW plain (like the RTR map). I'd do it my self if i wasn't sucha noob at RTW modding, Im used to doing mod projects for dawn of war.

Quote Originally Posted by the herald
    the Magnus only works on 1.2 doesnt it? And im on 1.5. could someone just give me the simplest way to get a larger map into RTW plain (like the RTR map). I'd do it my self if i wasn't sucha noob at RTW modding, Im used to doing mod projects for dawn of war.
    Yes, there is a Mundus Magnus map for 1.3 (and thus also for 1.5), I'll look it up.

Here you go: http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=780

It's a fantastic map and I highly recommend it.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

thanks, I didnt see that.

[Noob Question]

So for the vanilla 1.5 Magnus map

if you start a new campaign all those new territories would be occupied by rebels?

And do any of u guys know if the All Factions playable mod works for 1.5?

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

well the ppl who made the map probably made it so the factions have more cities on the map... and i think the all factions playable mod does work for 1.5

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Quote Originally Posted by flip2121
    well the ppl who made the map probably made it so the factions have more cities on the map...
    Yes, when they add in new provinces they give the majority of the new ones to existing factions.

Also, "All Factions Playable" is ridiculously simple if you have about 2 minutes. Simply open up data --> world --> maps -->Campaign --> Imperial Campaign --> Descr_strat.txt.
    At the top you will see a list of factions - simply move all of these factions from the unlockable category to the playable category. Easy as pie