Thread: History/Gameplay balance-making it fit together

Default History/Gameplay balance-making it fit together

I started a Kawachi-no-Maeda campaign trying to think of some historical what if? that I could do. You've got the province restrictions, of them not being moddable. So that kind of messes things up. Then theirs my general lack of historical knowledge about this time period, I've read some stuff about it. So I'm trying to figure out a start that could be considered historical but still fit within the gameplay limitations.

From a gameplay point of view. Kawachi is the capitol, the daimyo is there and I'm surrounded by fellow toyotomi supporters. Which feels a bit restrictive. Noto and Miyagi are in contact with tokugawa supporters so it seems that all the expansion will be around those 2 provinces, unless you turn against toyotomi(yes I know...). There's also the trade being...well only land trade right around Kii and Kawachi provinces, no ports and there not connected to your other provinces.

I thought about sending a ship from Noto or Miyagi to pick up Maeda Toshiie. He could be dead from old age by the time I can pick him up and get him where the action is. I could trade mititary access with an immediate neighbor, allowing me to move across their territory. Unfortunately I'm two provinces away from the nearest tokugawa supporter. So one possible scenario is sending over the daimyo and some troops from Kawachi and Kii. Exchange 10 turns of military access with shima and get 5 in return then buy 5 turns of military access from Ujiie, which will allow me to get to owari and attack fukushima.

What about just leaving the daimyo there and giving him a desk job(so to speak). Try to get another general promoted from the ranks near Noto or Miyagi and then let him take over once Maeda Toshiie passes away(perhaps marrying him to the daughter). and then what provinces to take?

Your thoughts and opinions wanted pertaining to this clan and others as well.
    Last edited by wealthmonger; August 12, 2012 at 01:43 AM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: History/Gameplay balance-making it fit together

Interesting point of discussion . I was hoping the action in Miyagi would cover any annoyance of inactivity in Kawachi.

To keep it short, perhaps do just that: militarise Miyagi, have a decent fight against the Date, swing back at them and take Iwate, then hopefully you've gotten passage through to at least Iga (if the Ishida haven't gotten there before you), or, a bit further away, Owari.

I get your concern, so perhaps I can enforce this by setting pre-established military access with Shima, Go-Bugyo and Ishida.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious