Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Trek Thread

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Star Trek Thread

Rhah was correct in his first guess. The picture there is that of V'ger in a test shot with the model. When V'ger is in its cloud form it is 82 AU in diameter. The probe itself is 2 AU.

From the Director's Edition of Star Trek: The Motion Picture,

This is an easy one,

What instrument does William Riker play? (although he fakes it!)
    Last edited by Lord Rahl; October 18, 2006 at 01:46 AM.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

Damn lucky guess on my part... I was actually more inclined to thinking it was something related to species 8472.

Riker plays the trombone, as does Jonathan Frakes in real life.

Ok, What was the surname of the old couple that live on Delta Rana IV?
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

Wait, you mean those old people? Am I talking about the right episode?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

Yeah, the old couple.
    I'll give a clue: Husnock

and Rob_the_celt

Don't remember, and I'm not about to cheat by looking it up. That's seriously esoteric, man - the names of the supporting character in one episode? ****.

Name all the Soong-type androids in the correct order in which they were built.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Yeah, its pretty random, but I distinctly remember the name for personal reasons. Well done for not looking it up though.

hmmm, Soong type androids. This is probably wrong, but I'll guess anyway.

Lore, Data, Lal?

and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

I don't wanna look it up too!

Soong...uh...(B4), Lore, (B4), Data. Is that right? I don't know where B4 would fit in there. Before or after Lore?

And Lal, that was from Data so does that count as totally correct? :hmmm:

I'd say that Lal counts, as she was still a soong type android, despite not being actually constructed by Dr Soong.

Oh, by the way, the answer to my question about the old couple was "Uxbridge" (which is my home town, hence the rememberage)

and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

No wonder you knew those names!

I've got three questions,

What is Data's cat's name?
    What maneuver did Wesley make with fellow Nova Squadron members that got him in BIG trouble?

and,

What is the humidity and temperature that Borg ships generally operate at?

I"m afraid you both missed one of the androids out - Data's 'mother', who turned out to have been made into an android copy by Soong after she was killed by the Crystalline Entity.

The correct answer is: B-4, Lore, Data, Juliana, Lal.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge
    I"m afraid you both missed one of the androids out - Data's 'mother', who turned out to have been made into an android copy by Soong after she was killed by the Crystalline Entity.

Totally forgot about Data's mother, and B4 as well.

Answer to Rahl's questions

1) Spot
    2) Not sure, but something in my head is saying Sunburst or starburst manoever.
    3) No idea.... but i'd imagine that its nice and cosy

and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

I've never seen Juliana!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhah
    Totally forgot about Data's mother, and B4 as well.

Answer to Rahl's questions

1) Spot

2) Not sure, but something in my head is saying Sunburst or starburst manoever.
    Starburst is right but who's starburst? :hmmm:

3) No idea.... but i'd imagine that its nice and cosy
    Think First Contact. We'll see if Cluny gets this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    I've never seen Juliana!
    isgust: indeed - you haven't seen EVERY episode of TNG and you call yourself a Trek-fan? Appalling!

Think First Contact. We'll see if Cluny gets this one.
    He won't.

That settles it then. Cluny couldn't get it, so I certainly won't, and it doesn't seem like anyone else is participating in this little quiz

Next question please...

and Rob_the_celt

Ehem....those Borg...all swedish....92 % humidity and 39,1 degrees temperature. They like it pretty hot. But first only on deck 16.

Let me pose the next question concerning that Movie:

Who is "Paul"?

P. S. I never heard of Juliana...can't even remember where I should know that one from....
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

She's Data's mama. She and Noonien Soong eloped and married, then she was killed, and Soong went totally nuts and built a final android to replace her as his wife. The simulation was so perfect she even decided to ditch him. She doesn't even known she's a machine. Data discovered the horrible truth when her head fell off in an rock-fall. Also her eyelids blink according to the same mathematical-progression pattern as Data's.

Content Emeritus

isgust: indeed - you haven't seen EVERY episode of TNG and you call yourself a Trek-fan? Appalling!
    Some people do more than just watch TNG. There is TOS, DS9, and books!

He won't.
    You call yourself a Trek-fan? Appalling!

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca
    Ehem....those Borg...all swedish....92 % humidity and 39,1 degrees temperature. They like it pretty hot. But first only on deck 16.
    Das ist richtig...I think. It is close enough. And you mean 39.1 degrees Celcius I'm assuming!

Who is "Paul"?
    Paul...oh...this is ringing a bell in my brain but it hasn't registered yet. Give me a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny
    She's Data's mama. She and Noonien Soong eloped and married, then she was killed, and Soong went totally nuts and built a final android to replace her as his wife. The simulation was so perfect she even decided to ditch him. She doesn't even known she's a machine. Data discovered the horrible truth when her head fell off in an rock-fall. Also her eyelids blink according to the same mathematical-progression pattern as Data's.
    Khan is the only Noonien! Khan Noonien Singh!

Well, I was insanely hot for Tasha Yar. I hated it when they killed her off in what, the 3rd season of STTNG?

Incidentally, what were the very last words spoken in TNG and who spoke them?

The show – and the series – ends with the senior staff playing their weekly poker game, which Picard joins for the first time (saying "I should have done this a long time ago.") as the Enterprise warps off into the distance.

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

Last edited by OG Grenadier; October 24, 2006 at 10:49 PM.
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Actually she didn't even make it all the way through Series 1 - har har. She was wyrded - death-fated - she had the Mark. I laughed my arse off.

If you mean all of TNG, including the movies, then the last words were probably B-4 singing.

Ok - I'll give you a hint about Paul: Which area of the enterprise did the Borg in Star Trek VIII first try to gain control of?
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.