Thread: empire total war runs slow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon1 empire total war runs slow?

hey i got problem with empire total war,

ive done this test and it said i could play it, heres the test, the test said i had more than the minimum.

You Have( this is what i have ):
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz ( this is a dual core just sayin )

CPU Speed
    3.1 GHz Performance Rated at: 7.44 GHz

RAM
    8.2 GB

OS
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
    AMD Radeon HD 7450
    Video Card Features:
    Video RAM = 730.3 MB
    Hardware T&L = Yes
    Pixel Shader version = 5.0
    Vertex Shader version = 5.0
    ..................................................................................................

that was just the minimum, here is the publisher requirements:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium or greater or AMD Athlon equivalent CPU

CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz

RAM: 1GB RAM (XP) 2GB RAM (Vista)

Graphics card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible, (Shader model 2.0), Minimum screen resolution 1024 x 768

Video RAM = 256 MB
    Hardware T&L = Yes
    Pixel Shader version = 2.0
    Vertex Shader version = 2.0

so the problem is that when i play on ultra it is not even really able to run, it is like looking at a very very slow slide show, so i go to High settings only, and it is still really slow, medium is faster but still choppy and the low settings is the only one that runs smooth, the thing is that, i had a worse pc before and it ran on medium with some high settings and it ran smoothly, not sure what that pc had, but i think it had a a AMD Quad Core processor that ran at 2.4 or 2.6 GHz , 8 gb of ram, and also a ati radeon 6770 graphics card. so anyone know why my pc that i have now wont run smooth, and if u do plz tell me how to fix it

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: empire total war runs slow?

"minimum" in any program means "low", not "ultra" and has been this way since the old CGA days. Nothing has changed.

I don't trust any od those "test" sites because in any CA game, they change with the first patch and their testinf specs are never updated.

If you want ultra and not a slide show, a faster cpu and a 2gb card like a 7850.