Thread: "unit_description_texts_description_text_..." - Entry showing blank box.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Default "unit_description_texts_description_text_..." - Entry showing blank box.

Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

I have added a new unit to my unit mod, and I am adding the Screen Name and Description texts to the "text" database.
    The Sceen Name appears to work correctly - But the description text in battle is coming up blank.

The syntax is correct - "unit_description_texts_description_text_UNIT_ID_NAME", and the checkbox at the end of the entry is checked.

It isn't due to the amount of characters uysed for the description as I have limited it to one word "TEST".

My other units are working fine - but my last entry just doesn't work. I recall having this problem in the past, but have no idea how I fixed it last time.

Any help appreciated.

P.S - the Unit I am adding is a FOTS unit - does this require any extra work that vanilla units do not due to the change in GUI?
    Last edited by scope2007; August 09, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    -Scope

Author of:

Ninja Hero Mod V3.0 (For Hattori, Tokugawa and FOTS Factions) *Released 08/06/2013* - Addition of new FOTS campaign Shinobi Hero unit, rebalancing and new unit randomisation.