Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Communication and feedback thread

Default Communication and feedback thread

This is the thread where you can communicate with the professors, asking clarifying questions, giving feedback etc. We'd like to keep this as the main communication thread.

Don't use this for random chatting! Anything unrelated to the course should go some place else.

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Communication and feedback thread

You call that a few hours? Damn it, it's 4:49 AM here. Whatever, just a question out of curiosity, since contacting the author is forbidden.

Does the author know about how we are going to use this AAR? I mean, did you ask him first or anything? Or are we going to give him an spectacular influx of pointless, comentless views?

Also, I'm quite sure that the critiq's quill has a 300-500 words limit, but hey, one of my problems is (I guess) writing too long, so this might help
    Last edited by Paragon; August 10, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Good question. Your review will not be published at all. Only we will read it and you will get individual feedback. The view count will go up, but that is the only impact on the AAR.

Paragon's Avatar Senator

My question was more on the lines "Has the author any idea about this?" than "Will our reviews be published?" but I guess you are cleverly avoiding the answer for some reason (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    My question was more on the lines "Has the author any idea about this?" than "Will our reviews be published?" but I guess you are cleverly avoiding the answer for some reason (?)
    The short answer is no and no. We deliberately chose an AAR that has been inactive for some time. As Radzeer said the reviews will be read by us only.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Well, ok I guess.

Just hear that other students. Maybe in the future, when people have jetpacks and all, your works will be used to give lessons to new writers without you knowing anything about it.

Also, come to think of it, I guess August 17 is included as a day you can send the reviews, if the very last one, right?

Yes. August 17 inclusive.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Ok, lesson 1 has been posted. (Sorry for the delay, my IS was down last night.)

This is how it works in general. For each lesson we give you some material to read, including both topical points related to the lesson theme and "outside" material (articles from the Critic's Quill and parts of AARs). Based on the readings, there is an assignment (to be PMed as usual) and a separate message board thread with discussion questions (where you are expected to post/discuss the material).

Any questions? Post it here.

Indefinitely Banned

You forgot to put the time limit, though wasn't it two weeks from here as mentioned in the enrollment thread?

You are right! Thanks. Two weeks it is. I edit the post in a minute.

Indefinitely Banned

By the way, is it a good idea to stick into one game/mod background when doing all the assignments, or should I do variation with each assignment?

EDIT. Also, do we post our answers to the questions in message board to that thread, or do we include them in the assignment?
    Last edited by The Kybrothilian; August 21, 2012 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Omnisiah View Post
    By the way, is it a good idea to stick into one game/mod background when doing all the assignments, or should I do variation with each assignment?
    This is completely up to you. I would say it is a bit easier to stick to one as the assignments will be somewhat linked, but if you want some variation that would be doable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Omnisiah View Post
    EDIT. Also, do we post our answers to the questions in message board to that thread, or do we include them in the assignment?
    The message board is the open part, so please post your comments there. You do not have to add those comments to the assignment. The message board will be the interactive part of the class, and we will be posting there too.

Indefinitely Banned

I see. Thank you.

Indefinitely Banned

When will the feedback on assignment 0 be given?

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Here is how it works. We are "grading" the assignments now. Everybody will get individual feedback via PM. In addition, we will post a general feedback without names about the reviews as a whole. You know, like typical issues, general comments etc. We should be done with the grading in 2-3 days.

Tonight (US time) we will post the first lesson to keep the ball rolling.

Indefinitely Banned

Ok. So the grades should come today or tomorrow.

I have to take an unexpected trip and will not be online until Saturday. Sorry for the delay. I'll catch up with the course after that.

Guys - doing up all the feedback is taking a bit of time. We'll get them back to you asap.

Ok, time for some update. I had a family emergency making me go back to my home country, and it does not seem to go away as quickly as I expected. Right now I am the bottleneck in giving you guys feedback on the initial assignment. It seems that I can get back to the US some time on Sunday, and normal business should resume on Monday. I apologize for this delay. Menawhile, please continue posting in the message board thread and work on the assignment for lesson 1. Thanks for your patience!

Indefinitely Banned

Today's the deadline for assignment 1, and then we get the new assignment, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast