Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Communication and feedback thread

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Communication and feedback thread

Mind map if you are enough of a lazy bum or an anarchist.

Otherwise it's your choice. I'd do it chronoligcally, if anything divided it in "plot arcs", but always a line somewhat, not a "tree"
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Ok, the idea behind the plot outline exercise is to think ahead about a fictional plot. The emphasis here is on how fictional characters and events can contribute to an AAR. Since there is a lot of uncertainty about the plot of an AAR because you don't know what the game will throw at you and some major character may just die unexpectedly, the use of fictional characters and events can give you some plot structure that you can fully control.
    The task here is to come up with a plot structure within an AAR you want to write, and show how the story would go if you had full control over your narrative. The main plotline is either the grand story of your realm and/or the story of the protagonist. Subplots may include additional characters or some secondary storyline.

To give you an example, in my Kievan AAR the main plot was revolving around the faction and the successive Grand Princes. A secondary plot line was developed to tell the story of my fictional characters (three brothers and then a son of one of them - effectively four independent plot lines). Another secondary plot was the Grand Duchy of Azaq, a few regions within the Rus that I roleplayed as a semi-independent duchy. Then these various plot lines intersected at certain points, usually when I wanted to trigger some conflict.

You don't have to have fancy graphics or mapping for this assignment. Just use bullet points with indentation. As long as we can identify the plot lines and see the chronological order and the potential intersections, it should be fine.

Indefinitely Banned

Thank you. I think I figured it out now.

We are getting better in processing the backlog, so I will send out all kinds of feedback PMs over the next few hours.

Edit: Done! According our log, we graded all submitted assignments. Let us know if we missed anything!
    Last edited by Radzeer; December 01, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Hi guys, we've decided that in order to complete the course you need to submit all assignments. The progress log is fully up to date as far as we are aware so please check if you're missing anything - a few have missed assignments earlier on in the course.

Feel free to send the responses to us whenever you can. If you think we missed your submission let us know too.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

And it looks like that we can post the final assignment within 24 hours.

Amen!

Cheers for an incredible course!!

Final assignment is up.

Excellent. Will do it next week.

To the best of our knowledge, we have graded everything but the final assignments. We'll start working on those later this week.

Apologies for the delay on the final assignments. I had some extra work this week and could not get around it. Bear with us for a few more days. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123