Thread: "Famous Battles"

Default "Famous Battles"

If i recall, in ETW and TW:S2 didn't have this feature (I didn't play NTW so I can't say about that). Was this because of the change from the old engine to the Warscape engine? I miss that feature from RTW and M2:TW and like the settlement zoom-in feature would like it to make a return.
    I remember playing as the Seleucid Empire and seeing famous battle sights in Greece between the Greeks and Macedonians and in the area of Epirus one between the Romans and Macedonians. It added flavor to the map, that there was history being made elsewhere in the world whether I was there or not.

S2 has this feature. Instead of clashing swords they are marked by little statues.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: "Famous Battles"

Yes I would like to see the "famous battle" markers on the campaign map for Rome II. It added to the epicness and to my ego. And it makes sense since TW is about you changing and creating your own history. In your alternate history there should be many famous and great battles. It adds to AAR writing too.

Having the "view settlement on battle map" button in settlement details would be great too. Also adds to AAR writing.

@Drtad - I would prefer crossed swords over statues imo.

I remember playing as the Seleucid Empire and seeing famous battle sights in Greece between the Greeks and Macedonians and in the area of Epirus one between the Romans and Macedonians. It added flavor to the map, that there was history being made elsewhere in the world whether I was there or not.
    Swords, statues, who cares, I want to see these feature in Rome II again. So I hope they put it in.

And as already said it brought more amusement to the map.

i love that feature but i wish it could include more info. after clicking on the swords or whatever icon, it shows that small box with who the generals were and the result, but in that box should be another button that when clicked, shows you the full after action report. that text box that comes up after a battle which shows you the full stats. that should be saved to these historical sites. so at any given point you can view the amount of troops that were deployed, casualties and how each unit performed etc.
    "I will not be stopped. Not by you, or the confederates, or the Protoss. I will rule this sector or see it burnt to ashes around me!" Arcturus Mengsk

Quote Originally Posted by warrior6 View Post
    i love that feature but i wish it could include more info. after clicking on the swords or whatever icon, it shows that small box with who the generals were and the result, but in that box should be another button that when clicked, shows you the full after action report. that text box that comes up after a battle which shows you the full stats. that should be saved to these historical sites. so at any given point you can view the amount of troops that were deployed, casualties and how each unit performed etc.
    Number of units per army and casualties would be cool, but any more than that (especially individual unit performance) would be a bit hard to understand. How exactly would other nations get that information? What if it was used against a nation that fought in the battle in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by warrior6 View Post
    Another idea for an additional button could be showing a replay of the battle. This could tie into saving battle replays in the campaign map as well. Even if the battle was in your favor the entire time, if it was an epic battle and you save the replay it is designated as a famous battle site as well. I'm not sure though how to implement it for battles you don't take part in though.

Quote Originally Posted by jyu123229 View Post
    I miss that feature from RTW and M2:TW and like the settlement zoom-in feature would like it to make a return.
    I definetly want to see this brought back for Rome 2, it was an amazing feature and they could expand it more by adding fights you could watch in amphitheaters crime on the streets, etc...

I loved this feature, and would really like to see its return. I think the battle report in full would be really nice, and maybe some sort of morale boost for troops in the area (That are friendly to the victor).

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Cat View Post
    Yes I would like to see the "famous battle" markers on the campaign map for Rome II. It added to the epicness and to my ego. And it makes sense since TW is about you changing and creating your own history. In your alternate history there should be many famous and great battles. It adds to AAR writing too.

Having the "view settlement on battle map" button in settlement details would be great too. Also adds to AAR writing.

@Drtad - I would prefer crossed swords over statues imo.
    Swords yes.... i remember them as nice feature.... For some reason tough it didnt always appear on the right spot where I fought ...

Also I would have liked to see some features on it like the spoils of war trophy placed on the field like the Adamkliss Tropaeum Trajani to remind the battle that eventually you could zoom or see again if you get a new battle near it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropaeum_Traiani

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]