Thread: Adding music to TE...

Default Adding music to TE...

First, I just wanted to say that TE is a very impressive mod. One of the best I've played so far.

Now to my question. I've been trying to add my own music to TE (got sick of the vanilla music) and I can't seem to get it working. I've followed the steps outlined in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54105.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to add their own music to TE. I think my problem might be in the way I modified the descr_sounds_music.txt file, though I can't figure out where. Or is there something I need to work around that is specific to TE.

More detail in the thread I linked to.

Thanks a bunch.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Default Re: Adding music to TE...

if you dont like the music then use the CC lite music mod and use Darth Vaders descr_sounds_music.txt (have to download mod for the file) thats what i did and i love the music!!

or you can send me your descr_sounds_music.txt and ill take a look at it..

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Did you delete "events.dat" in "sounds" folder? Yeah, I've added my own music and it works.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    Did you delete "events.dat" in "sounds" folder? Yeah, I've added my own music and it works.

K.K
    Exactly. I added all my own music, but it wouldn't play until I removed that file.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.

K.K
    I did actually. That's when everything went haywire. With the events.dat file in place I only get vanilla music. Without it, the game doesn't even get to the menu screen before quitting and giving me a "Cannot load music database" error. Seeing as how the process works for SPQR, where the events.dat file is deleted, I think it might be something to do with the descr_sounds_music.txt file. When I swapped the new TE file with the one in SPQR (after adding the music to the "music" folder, of course), I got the same error.

EDIT: I meant I put the new .txt file into my SPQR game to see if it would work there, but I got the same error. Just clarifying.
    Last edited by Crimson Scythe; July 11, 2006 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Quick explanation

Quote Originally Posted by flip2121
    if you dont like the music then use the CC lite music mod and use Darth Vaders descr_sounds_music.txt (have to download mod for the file) thats what i did and i love the music!!

or you can send me your descr_sounds_music.txt and ill take a look at it..
    I appreciate the offer. How should I get the file to you? PM me.

But in the meantime, where can I get the CC lite music mod? This was mentioned in some of the threads I looked at, but the link always pointed back to the TWC forums, not an actual thread.

well if you want to download it go here

http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...p?showforum=73

oh and just pm me the file

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Quote Originally Posted by flip2121
    well if you want to download it go here

http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/i...p?showforum=73

oh and just pm me the file
    The new file you sent me worked perfectly. What did you change?

Thanks a lot.

phew... lol thats good that you dont have to send me the music.... theres was some where in the file that was missing

folder data/sound/music

i input that in than i raised the volume a bit... and fixed the fade in and out on the .txt