Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercenaries

Default Re: Mercenaries

since they're thieves, maybe they're learning techniques from blind. Blind's description states "Those that have survived encounters with Blind note that the movement of the large ears hypnotized and paralyzed them before they realized that the helpless child before them just stole their life's fortune."

but yeah the ears are really big...

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Why in Termina are the Kokiri all sporting ears that would put Dumbo to shame?
    My design intent for the Kokiri was actually to make them more rodent and mouse like, hence the huge ears and tiny noses/mouths.

That... makes a bit of sense. And considering these bandits are only just beginning to revery back to their Hylian side, it is understandable.

They're still silly.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

If I may mention something on the keatons.

In my time playing the Minish Cap, it always seemed to me like Keatons were not so ...

how to best put it? ...

Human. They were bipedal, wielding swords, charging forward and had the other hand out...

but they did not seem, to me, so thin and human like. They seemed somewhat wide, more beast like.

Hm... I know you have already put in so much time into this mod, and I have no place saying you're wrong in your interpretation, I'm simply giving my two cents...

... Unless I have missed some key fact - that what I see in this topic are humanoids posing as keatons for the misdirection factor, and that beast keaton will appear.

Neph's Keatons are awsome! (see my rp character)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~ For Horon And Holodrum! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess Neph based his design more on the Pikku from ALttP?

...come to think of it, maybe a connection should be established between them and Blind (like that he's their leader or something)

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGohma View Post
    but they did not seem, to me, so thin and human like. They seemed somewhat wide, more beast like.
    Everything in the Wind Waker art style seems bizarre and inhuman though.
    If anything they seemed really child like rather then wide to me in Minish Cap.

They do seem kind of bulky

Maybe you can give slightly wider shoulders to the male counterpart? But really, I'm cool with the slender model we got so either way's fine for me.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

The way it is now, it's almost like Neph combined MM keatons with MC keatons. they have the clothes, tail, and face of MC keatons, but the build of MM keatons.
    Droma: :Rosa

Patrician Artifex

Yes, I always pictured Keatons being slim, slender, and sleek. You know, like foxes.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Once again I figured the sprites of them in MC was because of the art style, where virtually everyone in MC looks like a short and wide kid, even Link.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

... How in the world did I miss the fact that they had tunics on them? My eye deceives me yet again! This is why a single gohma should not play video games-he has only one eye!

No, but seriously, during gameplay I like to search out little things in character sprites, backgrounds, models, ambient actions, etc., and I never noticed that they had tunics on. Seeing the tunics, I'm not so sure they were as beastly as I once thought.

Then again, it also helps that I never actually compared them to other sprites in the game. I had (somehow) envisioned them as a minion who's size came to be between the average human and moblins, Vaati's main muscle.

Maybe I should have also realized they were using the Wind Waker style-but then again, I hardly played as Link that game. I was always having a staring contest with the "Tingle Tuner."

Hey Neph, pertaining to the Deku monkeys, I get that you based their hatred of the Deku off Majora's Mask, but is it possible for them to be hired by the Tribes after the Deku Princess comes to power, showing how she was actually friends with them?

Just some suggestions...

Might I suggest adding the Tarosu (Taros, Talos) as mercenary units? They were the minotaur-like soldier (or knights) encountered in ALttP, and who also bear resemblance to the concept art of the Guma from Zelda II.

Perhaps also the Dekudon, also referred to as "Stone Hinox", as another type of golem mercenary.

The Mago, perhaps serving the role of hirable magicians (though weaker than wizzrobes).

Dekudon? Where'd you find that name? (Honestly curious, I never heard it before)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Dekudon? Where'd you find that name? (Honestly curious, I never heard it before)
    I owe the Zelda.wiki for this one. That's the Japanese name for this enemy (which in my own opinion sounds better, and also takes into account that these creatures appear to have two eyes, not one like hinoxes), which implies either that its "of the forest" as deku seems to imply, or could stem from the translation for the term being for a wooden doll/puppet.

I see...
    The Deku in its name is usually a term used for forest creatures, but in Japanese it can also mean a type of wooden doll or puppet, which is probably where this monster got its name.
    Very interesting.

Oh and I forgot to say, the Tarosu and Mago could be nice additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nergali View Post
    Might I suggest adding , Talos as mercenary units?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Just out of curiosity. What are the chances of a being able to hire a cavalry unit?

Question about these ones:
    Malon
    Blind the Thiefy
    Ashei
    Vaati
    Liyer
    If they are hired by a nation and killed in combat can they be hired again or or they gone from the game. Also if they are hired by KoH then KoH gets destroyed what happens to the one they hired??

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I can answer the second question - right now, factions can't be destroyed, due the family tree being removed. I think (but don't quote me on this) that Neph said that he's looking for a way for factions to be destroyed, but I think he also said that he likes persistent factions, because it means the player can watch the world turn even if they've been eliminated.

So to answer the question, if Malon is hired by KoH, and KoH loses everything, Malon will still ride around with her bow, shooting at anything enemy shaped.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast