Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercenaries

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Mercenaries

then will Palagard be an event?

if Zazakku can breathe fire why cant the Dinofos breathe fire?
    Last edited by VGF254; August 05, 2012 at 02:31 PM.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

what happened to the Anouki Fishermen? does this mean they'll be in one of the mystery factions?

also epic Keaton. (although it only has one tail. )
    Droma: :Rosa

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by VGF254 View Post
    The Dinolfos here are based after the ones from TP, whom could not spit out fire. The only Dinolfos to ever spit out fire was in Termina.

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    also epic Keaton. (although it only has one tail. )
    Keatons only have one tail

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The only Keaton to have more then one tail was in (coincidence) Termina.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; August 05, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    They were based off of those sprites. They always looked like women to me, what with having an eerily similar hair style and outfit to a Kokiri that later appeared in OoT.
    Uh, I guess I do see the resemblance between the hair and possibly the vest... and I always did see the connection with the Kokiri due to living in the forest and

this attitude.

But a woman?

This?

that's one heck of a ugly woman if so

But seriously, between the darker skin and this one's hair (plus profession), I always associated him with...

this person here.

They can only be hired in winter at the moment.
    Works for me

They do have nostrils.
    Uh... I need better eyes then. My bad.
    Anyway, it occurred to me that it might be good to give them some kind of loincloth, like in their original design, to help show that they are somewhat above regular monkeys in terms of intelligence. But if you prefer them without it, it's not a must.

Maybe.
    Hoho!

Quote Originally Posted by VGF254 View Post
    Well it was the Zazakku's only mean of attack... aside from running into you.

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    what happened to the Anouki Fishermen?
    I've been wondering that myself... maybe their time has not come yet?

Keatons only have one tail

The only Keaton to have more then one tail was in (coincidence) Termina.
    That gives me an idea... sorta. In Megaman X Command Mission you had to face a series of fox bosses with an increasing number of tails (and a proportionate increase in strenght). This is because in Japanese mythology Kitsune gain more power as they age and grow more tails (up to nine).
    So maybe you could have the same apply to the keatons? With older stronger ones having more tails?
    ...dunno how this would apply to mercenaries though. Maybe anyone who could hire keatons could hire them from a selection of units that are more costly but also stronger (yet increasingly smaller units since stronger older keatons would be in smaller numbers)? Or there could be prerequisites that need to be fulfilled before you can hire the stronger ones? (Like proving yourself a good employer with the weaker ones?)

Ninetail could be ridiculously powerful and fight on his own. Perhaps even be a boss.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; August 05, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Nine-tale keatons, oh my!

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    That gives me an idea... sorta. In Megaman X Command Mission you had to face a series of fox bosses with an increasing number of tails (and a proportionate increase in strenght). This is because in Japanese mythology Kitsune gain more power as they age and grow more tails (up to nine).
    So maybe you could have the same apply to the keatons? With older stronger ones having more tails?
    ...dunno how this would apply to mercenaries though. Maybe anyone who could hire keatons could hire them from a selection of units that are more costly but also stronger (yet increasingly smaller units since stronger older keatons would be in smaller numbers)? Or there could be prerequisites that need to be fulfilled before you can hire the stronger ones? (Like proving yourself a good employer with the weaker ones?)

Ninetail could be ridiculously powerful and fight on his own. Perhaps even be a boss.
    You would be surprised just how much in the Legend of Zelda universe has been influenced by religion and mythology. Ocarina of Time displays the most spiritual references out of any of them I have played.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Glorious!

really looking forward to the next version of the mod neph, great work!
    I shall consume... consume everything

Lord Wolfington's Avatar Laetus
    Resident of Texas, but living in Virginia Beach currently due to the Navy.

I remember mentioning awhile back that it would great to see some Mogma sapper-type units on one of your Youtube vids! glad to see you are including them as mercenaries! thsi just gets better and better!

I like the idea Of street Urchins, Kids for hire that have unique skills Like Bug catchers with bees in bottles. and a Cuccos Chicken swarm sperdup by Children. thay will do anything for a ruby to buy food and cloths. what do you think?

Gone for several days = progress! I should vacation from the TWC more often, if this keeps up!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Gone for several days = progress! I should vacation from the TWC more often, if this keeps up!
    I don't mean to be a mood killer, but after my next update I might vanish for a little while. Am currently developing an ioS game and it needs to be finished off... I really need some income because now that college is at its end it needs to be paid for.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

I don't mean to be a mood killer, but after my next update I might vanish for a little while. Am currently developing an ioS game and it needs to be finished off... I really need some income because now that college is at its end it needs to be paid for.
    That is fine. I have seen you make an unbelievable amount of progress with this mod since I joined up; and I imagine the others that joined before me saw far more. This isn't even your top priority project, and yet you still take the time to develop it into something great. If you need time off, I'm sure everyone will understand.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

@UndyingNephilim

That's totally understandable. Hell, i'm still in high school and I'm worried about paying for college. So that's definitely a good reason. Besides, you've already done so much by yourself. I mean, you've been at this for two years.

So, does this mean we can expect an update soon, with ghirahim, fi, all completed mercs, merc heros, oocca, majora, river Zola, link, huskus, new regions, and bug fixes? Cause that would be sooooooooo cool.
    Droma: :Rosa

@ all and Fans.
    I say we give UndyingNephalim Donations its the lest we can do. Right.

I just noticed that Malon is the only mercenary Cavalry unit.

Was that intentional?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    I just noticed that Malon is the only mercenary Cavalry unit.

Was that intentional?
    There might be more Merc cavalry in the future. The list is not entirely final.

Ah, very good then.

Is that Lynels I smell?

Also, I can't believe I didn't bring this up any sooner (though it wouldn't surprise me if someone else did and I forgot) but seeing as the obscure Zazakku made it, how about adding these two to the mercenaries?
    Guma

Hell Guma
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; August 12, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

Alright, it's kind of been bugging me for a little while, but it just didn't seem as bad as it kind of does now. Now it seems far worse than before. Before I could handle it. Now, though...

Why in Termina are the Kokiri all sporting ears that would put Dumbo to shame? It wasn't as bad when they were little (kids having different proportions to adults and all) but these aged ones look a little ridiculous. Perhaps toning them back just a little? Not to, say, Hylian size (as theirs are pretty modest) but definitely smaller than they are now. I have a hard time being robbed by someone I can't stop laughing at.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast